Evolution of Relationship

Would it be a good idea to send a Evolution of Relationship letter along with the P3 or P4. I ask this because when the petition was filed by my attorney, he did not ask me to provide any type of evidence such as pictures, phone logs, etc. to send with the petition. I wish I knew about this website beforehand.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Would it be a good idea to send a Evolution of Relationship letter along with the P3 or P4. I ask this because when the petition was filed by my attorney, he did not ask me to provide any type of evidence such as pictures, phone logs, etc. to send with the petition. I wish I knew about this website beforehand.

Your best bet is to provide only what is requested and avoid adding superlatives and specifics that are not specifically requested. The DOS and USCIS neither request, or are required to document the "evolution" of a relationship with regard to a marriage-based visa.

Don't confuse those that have had their visas denied by a government entity that suspects that they are being defrauded by those taking part in visa scams. Those that are accused of activity will likely be requested to provide additional information.

There have been several that have become victims of providing too much information, which can backfire by making an over-zealous VO or other adjudicator deny an otherwise acceptable application.

I agree with not providing anything more at this point... Since it was not submitted to USCIS, it was not a part of the petition approval... and the theory appears to be that if USCIS approves some material it is less likely for GUZ to deny based on materials therein.

Slipping it into DOS's material at this point just tends to strike me as bad timing (it was not asked for and now they must review.. what if it raises questions they would not of thought of?).

Id' keep the last turn of this race as smooth as possible...

yimi386, I agree with the others. Don't send anything to GUZ directly. Whatever evidence you would like to offer, send it to your SO and have her bring it to the interview. If they want to see more evidence, or the evolution, GUZ can ask for it at the interview and she can offer to them. But no need to directly send that to GUZ now.

So it would be wise to write the evolution of relationship to bring to the interview? Are these letters only necessary for overcome evidence?

I agree with the others.

What your SO tells VO at her interview should be consistent with the information GUZ already have.

If you want to write a statement about evolution of relationship for her interview, fine. She should know what you have written.

Avoid any conflicts of information.