Anyone seen this status before?

Today we got the following email from USCICS. Monday I called and did a change of address. I am thinking we got this because maybe they scheduled an interview in CA and then cancelled it. However we only did the biometrics on 10/19. Has anyone seen this status before? Also it is weird because there is no notification of a scheduled appointment so why a notice to cancel an appointment we were not notified about?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled.

Wild guess here, Toni. Maybe you were on the list to be interviewed back in Cali. Due to your move, maybe they are now attempting to approve the adjustment without interview. Stranger things have happened.

That would be nice :-)

Today we got the following email from USCICS. Monday I called and did a change of address. I am thinking we got this because maybe they scheduled an interview in CA and then cancelled it. However we only did the biometrics on 10/19. Has anyone seen this status before? Also it is weird because there is no notification of a scheduled appointment so why a notice to cancel an appointment we were not notified about?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled.

We got the same email of appointment cancellation as you. The only difference was that we had a set appointment date. We went anyways and all went smooth and nothing at all was ever brought up about any cancellation. I think it is basically a generic or canned letter of some kind. Or it could mean that the cancellation is due to the fact that no interview is needed for the GC.

In either case, I wouldn't be too alarmed by it. You may want to call the USCIS helpline and inquire about it. See what they say and for best results, call again a few hours later or the next day for a "second opinion." Always worked for me!...lol

-good luck

You know Toni...

We moved from Cali just 5 months ago. We actually had shown up for our June 6th appointment and the IO advised us to cancel saying that a green card hanging in the mail was not a good thing as we moved to Texas on June 18th.

We cancelled and have been in limbo ever since.

I just received another notice from USCIS yesterday that mail is undeliverable at that address... funny thing is, the credit card and utility bills seem to find my house pretty easily.

I'm sure you've done this but make sure you file the AR-11 to change your husbands address and the I-865 for petioners address change. THEN... (wait about 10 days) call the USCIS (make sure your husband is present as they need his consent to talk to you) Make sure you have the notice date of the original 485 received date.

I sat on hold for 45 minutes and he (the operator) was only going to give me 30 seconds to find that date or disconnect me. :o

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

We had that happen when we had moved. However, the process was in limbo until an InfoPass appointment was made. Don't count on just the AR-11. I would make an InfoPass appointment at your new location and make sure the address change went through.

What is the infopass appointment? I called USCICS and changed his address over the phone. They made him give consent for me to speak for him. I have not yet sent the AR-11 because my computer printer is in transit from CA and will be here Saturday.

You need to go to uscis.gov and make an appointment via the internet for your local office. Go there in about a month after sending the AR-11 and make sure it was put through. The AR-11 may be received and then never changed even if you send by certified mail. The infopass block is on the uscis homepage on the left side. We moved within a state and everything was messed up until an infopass appointment was made. They then entered the information into the computer at the local office. Bring copies of your AR-11 and I recommend sending certified and bringing that receipt to the office.

We had that happen when we had moved. However, the process was in limbo until an InfoPass appointment was made. Don't count on just the AR-11. I would make an InfoPass appointment at your new location and make sure the address change went through.

What is the infopass appointment? I called USCICS and changed his address over the phone. They made him give consent for me to speak for him. I have not yet sent the AR-11 because my computer printer is in transit from CA and will be here Saturday.

Ying and I also got our appointment cancelled. I called USCIS and one rep told me that the appointment was 'probably still good' but transferred to another rep, who siad that it may have been due to overbooking at the local office, or perhaps because they were going to issue the green card w/o an interview. She said that it was usually a local office decision and that she could not tell us the reason for the cancellation.

Following the advice of a few other CFL members, we went to the appointment anyways, and no one seemed to know it had been cancelled. We had our interview and got approved.

I figured that, even if they wouldn't interview us, we could talk with someone about what was happening with our case whle we were there...

Crap, this morning when I went to get the mail forwarded from CA is a USCIS letter with an interview in December in California. Now that so many of you received the cancelled notice but yet still had the interview I do not know if they expect us to go. I will call :-(