Name check completed!!!

I called DOS 20 minutes ago and was told the name check was completed on 10/27 and the information has been sent to GUZ!!!! :D :D :D I am so excited now. Hopefully we will hear some good news from GUZ soon. The representative that I talked to did warn me that it doesn't mean the case has been completed. After GUZ reviews the information, they could request another name check. But nonetheless, I think it is good news. At least our case is moving forward.

What should I do now? Should I keep calling DOS everyday to find out what the next step is or should I contact GUZ? :)

I called DOS 20 minutes ago and was told the name check was completed on 10/27 and the information has been sent to GUZ!!!! :D :D :D I am so excited now. Hopefully we will hear some good news from GUZ soon. The representative that I talked to did warn me that it doesn't mean the case has been completed. After GUZ reviews the information, they could request another name check. But nonetheless, I think it is good news. At least our case is moving forward.

What should I do now? Should I keep calling DOS everyday to find out what the next step is or should I contact GUZ? :)

Congrats Nat! That's great news!

However, it's going to be 2 months before GUZ receives the forwarded petition. :D So you have a while to wait before you start calling GUZ/DoS again.

What should I do now? Should I keep calling DOS everyday to find out what the next step is or should I contact GUZ? :D

However, it's going to be 2 months before GUZ receives the forwarded petition. :D So you have a while to wait before you start calling GUZ/DoS again.

Maybe I should start emailing GUZ everyday then. :)

What should I do now? Should I keep calling DOS everyday to find out what the next step is or should I contact GUZ? :D

Maybe I should start emailing GUZ everyday then. :)

There is no petition to be forwarded. GUZ already has your file. Now it's just a matter of waiting to be put into the waiting for the P4 and put in line for an interview date.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

There is no petition to be forwarded. GUZ already has your file. Now it's just a matter of waiting to be put into the waiting for the P4 and put in line for an interview date.

Not fully awake yet--too early in the morning for me. I stand fully corrected. Your file is already at GUZ. IluvmyLi is correct.

Not fully awake yet--too early in the morning for me. I stand fully corrected. Your file is already at GUZ. IluvmyLi is correct.

But my fiance already had an interview with them last year. Do you think they will schedule another interview? I thought they just need to review the information DOS collected and make a decision on whether to give us a visa or not. Getting confused now.

Good news for sure. It seems to me since you had an interview already and got blue slipped, you may not get another but a letter or call saying get the visas at the post office. We hope!!!

That is if Guz feel generous.

Good news for sure. It seems to me since you had an interview already and got blue slipped, you may not get another but a letter or call saying get the visas at the post office. We hope!!!

Rick is correct. Your case has been going on so long i forgot you already had the interview. Good luck.

Rick is correct. Your case has been going on so long i forgot you already had the interview. Good luck.

Well, let's hope the upcoming holidays(Thanksgiving and Christmas) will make GUZ happy and be more generous to us!!!

I'm wishing you good luck... It sounds like things are looking better for you now. : ) I predict a visa issuance prior to Christmas. : )