on separation and immigration status

I don't know what her chances are of getting the green card otherwise (unless lymeboy can forward it to her), since she would have to change her address with the USCIS.

A change of address provided to the USCIS is all that is required for the green card to be mailed elsewhere. Extremely simple paperwork.

But that is also admitting to the USCIS that she no longer lives with her husband

I don't know what her chances are of getting the green card otherwise (unless lymeboy can forward it to her), since she would have to change her address with the USCIS.

A change of address provided to the USCIS is all that is required for the green card to be mailed elsewhere. Extremely simple paperwork.

But that is also admitting to the USCIS that she no longer lives with her husband

The change of address form doesn't ask that question, it only provides a new address for the applicant and to receive their mail from the USCIS. Just like you going to the post office to submit a change of address proves nothing more than you want your mail delivered elsewhere, they don't ask why.

From the point of view of the USCIS one thing has nothing to do with the other and definitely has absolutely nothing to do with the AOS process since the interview has been passed and the final approval is waiting on the name check.

The next time living with husband will come up is for removal of conditions.

The change of address form doesn't ask that question, it only provides a new address for the applicant and to receive their mail from the USCIS. Just like you going to the post office to submit a change of address proves nothing more than you want your mail delivered elsewhere, they don't ask why.

From the point of view of the USCIS one thing has nothing to do with the other and definitely has absolutely nothing to do with the AOS process since the interview has been passed and the final approval is waiting on the name check.

The next time living with husband will come up is for removal of conditions.

The I-864 requires that the sponsor file a change of address within 30 days of a move. So, if the alien files a change of address and the sponsor does not, they conceivably could put 2 and 2 together, but you're probably right.

If she claims abuse (whether true or not) she has no problem whatsoever.

Claims don't make fact! She can claim anything she wants but without proof it is all just words!

We are confusing facts and claims here. A claim is just words, but if she shows up at a women's shelter, and claims verbal/mental/whatever abuse, those words can get her a green card, with or without any facts behind them "without the abuser's assistance or knowledge". In other words, the OP will not know of her claims. No proof is needed - I'm not sure that any evidence is even needed.

Please read the application Page 2

Evidence of the abuse, such as reports and affidavits from police,judges and other court officials, medical personnel, schoolofficials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agencypersonnel. If you have an order of protection or have taken otherlegal steps to end the abuse, you should submit copies of thosecourt documents;

Evidence of the abuse, such as reports and affidavits from police,judges and other court officials, medical personnel, school officials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agencypersonnel. If you have an order of protection or have taken otherlegal steps to end the abuse, you should submit copies of thosecourt documents;

When I cam e home from work today she and her daughter and all of there stuff was disappeared. I would guess some serious planning involved and assistance from someone.

If she's inclined to claim abuse, it's a done deal.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Evidence of the abuse, such as reports and affidavits from police,judges and other court officials, medical personnel, school officials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agencypersonnel. If you have an order of protection or have taken otherlegal steps to end the abuse, you should submit copies of thosecourt documents;

When I cam e home from work today she and her daughter and all of there stuff was disappeared. I would guess some serious planning involved and assistance from someone.

If this is what you believe then so be it, but the documention tells a different story!

If this is what you believe then so be it, but the documention tells a different story!

I would say it is true.

I would say it is true.

ok this can go back and forth forever so to keep it simple show some proof of what you are saying like a court case where a woman got a green card with no proof of abuse. until then this is just spreading rumors and fear. Yes the man should take measures to protect himself and beaware of the laws that may affect him, but telling him that it all she has to do is say some words to get a greencard is not much help.

ok this can go back and forth forever so to keep it simple show some proof of what you are saying like a court case where a woman got a green card with no proof of abuse. until then this is just spreading rumors and fear. Yes the man should take measures to protect himself and beaware of the laws that may affect him, but telling him that it all she has to do is say some words to get a greencard is not much help.

What lymeboy should do is to be aware that this is a public forum, and be careful about expressing his feelings about what she is doing, whether she is claiming abuse or not. She can easily be coached on how to exaggerate, embellish, or dramatize the truth so as to be able to claim abuse. No court is involved - no one is actually legally accused of anything.

It is unclear how a claim of abuse would affect future K-visa applications.

Look back a few posts to find an example.

Very few, if any, breakups are 100% amicable. There is almost always some sort of evidence that can be used in this manner.

He did express concern about her immigration status - this is one (probably the only) way she can maintain it. However, don't forget that she may be headed for China.

That's the point. Do what you need to do to keep yourself covered. If they snuck off 'in the middle of the night', the message that they don't want or need you is quite clear.

Putting all the blah-blah aside, it comes back to what Don said: Protect yourself. And what I said- forget worrying about them. Your worry is neither helpful nor useful. Focus on what you control, on what you can do. Your life will go where your thoughts go.

SO and I have been communicating. Amicably. She is determined that she must live indepenently regardless of outcome. She still wants to be married but separate. The notice of approval of her green card arrived today. My goal is to keep breathing on a regular basis and to conduct myself with integrity. I do not think that she will allege abuse and she has made no effort to create any financial havoc. I do not know what the future will bring. Life is certainly full of interesting challenges. I certainly do not have to worry about my life being boring.