P3's - Juette and all August transfers

I just received a call from my wife that the consulate called to get her new address - they told her to expect the P3 in about 3 days (she is in Guz)! Talk about a happy lady! :rolleyes:

Juette and all of you who had their case sent to Guz in August, as we did, maybe things are going to break now. Let's hope so! I have been watching your postings in particular Juette because we received our NOA2 on 8/4 right after you.

Good luck all!

Smiling Paul

I just received a call from my wife that the consulate called to get her new address - they told her to expect the P3 in about 3 days (she is in Guz)! Talk about a happy lady! :victory:

Juette and all of you who had their case sent to Guz in August, as we did, maybe things are going to break now. Let's hope so! I have been watching your postings in particular Juette because we received our NOA2 on 8/4 right after you.

Good luck all!

Smiling Paul

That's encouraging and comforting ...

I just received a call from my wife that the consulate called to get her new address - they told her to expect the P3 in about 3 days (she is in Guz)! Talk about a happy lady! :king:

Good luck all!

Smiling Paul

Yep, taking a look at DHL tracking, it looks like most packages sent BEFORE 8/15/06 have finally cleared through customs and has been STAMPED by GUZ recently. However, all petition packages sent after mid August have NOT been stamped by GUZ yet. :lol: It seems it's taking over two months for GUZ to take delivery of petition packages sent from NVC lately. :sleep1:

dnoblett, why not do as I did and write a letter to your Congressman/woman and asking why it takes GUZ so long to receive shipment of petition packages forwarded to them from NVC?

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Yep, taking a look at DHL tracking, it looks like most packages sent BEFORE 8/15/06 have finally cleared through customs and has been STAMPED by GUZ recently. However, all petition packages sent after mid August have NOT been stamped by GUZ yet. :( It seems it's taking over two months for GUZ to take delivery of petition packages sent from NVC lately. :(

I gave up trying to understand the DHL shipments - according to Visa Journey you enter 'expedite iv section' as a reference...if you do this you will see ALL shipments to Guz clear customs in an average of 6-12 days. I came to believe they are delivered and held at the consulate until ready to be acted on. I followed shipments from 8/8 to 9/25. Our NOA2 was 8/4 but it didn't clear NVC until 8/24...so it appears that from NVC to P3 may be about 60-90 days now. Below are some DHL numbers I watched during August and September. If you track any of these numbers you can see they are clearing customs and being stamped as delivered by the consulate.

Shipped Date

8/9 9162409911

8/14 9164251165

8/25 9170157393 (I believed maybe this was ours since it was day after NVC said sent)

8/31 9172673775

9/11 9176624100

9/22 9181760965

9/25 9181861824

I have also come to believe it is not for us to know these things...but to have things that don't make sense occupy our minds so the waiting time goes by faster!!!! :)

Take care,

Smiling Paul

SmilingPaul,

Thanks for sharing this imformation. I sure hope you are right and that our SOs get the P3's very soon. My SO's birthday is on 11/4 and the P3 would be a wonderful birthday present for her and also a joyous occasion for me, too.

Juette

Shipped Date

8/9 9162409911

8/14 9164251165

8/25 9170157393 (I believed maybe this was ours since it was day after NVC said sent)

8/31 9172673775

9/11 9176624100

9/22 9181760965

9/25 9181861824

I have also come to believe it is not for us to know these things...but to have things that don't make sense occupy our minds so the waiting time goes by faster!!!! :ph34r:

Take care,

Smiling Paul

Hi Paul, I've got their system figured out pretty well I believe. I could be wrong, but I think I have a good grasp of it.

For Reference, enter "I-730"

For Destination Tariff Point, enter "CAN"

Shipments which weigh less than 4 pounds and only contain 1 package are NOT our petition shipments. They reach GUZ very quickly--generally less than 10 days.

Our visa petitions shipments generally consist of 2 packages or more and weigh 5lbs or more. Those shipments take at least a month to delivery. Those shipped out in early August from NVC (weighing more than 5 lbs) all made it to GUZ on 10/10/06--just about two months.

I gave up trying to understand the DHL shipments

Call me stupid, but how would you know that an unidentified package is yours? Maybe we need a tutorial on how to track an unidentified package. I remember one of the moderators said one time - (I'm paraphrasing) "it's just a waste of time trying to track these shipments."

:lol:

Ron, I think it is mainly making an educated guess. In my opinion it can be an exercise in futility, but everyone wants to do something and this allows one to feel they have some knowledge of what is going on. I had some of our nice friends on Candle that kept me informed on what the status of what they believed to be my package was. I appreciated their providing me with the information and I think they were right on the money with their info as it related to my case.

Ron, I think it is mainly making an educated guess. In my opinion it can be an exercise in futility, but everyone wants to do something and this allows one to feel they have some knowledge of what is going on. I had some of our nice friends on Candle that kept me informed on what the status of what they believed to be my package was. I appreciated their providing me with the information and I think they were right on the money with their info as it related to my case.

Ron, I think it is mainly making an educated guess

That's good and I see that sometimes these "ed je cated" guess pay off. Would someone please track my package? :eyebrow: