On line language programs

I have checked all of these out, but I would like to find one that will work both ways. In other words, it will give a phrase or sentence in English and enable you to hear that phrase in Chinese (Cantonese). Or, the other way around. Without having to spend a lot of money for software, I have not been able to find anything I can download. Any ideas? :sosad:

I have checked all of these out, but I would like to find one that will work both ways. In other words, it will give a phrase or sentence in English and enable you to hear that phrase in Chinese (Cantonese). Or, the other way around. Without having to spend a lot of money for software, I have not been able to find anything I can download. Any ideas? :wub:

Your not asking for much and for free as well. :wub:

Don't you realize the Chinese have a word for everything and words don't really have multiple meanings where in English we make words to mean as many things as possible? In many cases direct translations are extremely difficult for phrases and compound sentences.

The better translation softwares will give you many options for a single word.

I have checked all of these out, but I would like to find one that will work both ways. In other words, it will give a phrase or sentence in English and enable you to hear that phrase in Chinese (Cantonese). Or, the other way around. Without having to spend a lot of money for software, I have not been able to find anything I can download. Any ideas? :wub:

Your not asking for much and for free as well. :wub:

Don't you realize the Chinese have a word for everything and words don't really have multiple meanings where in English we make words to mean as many things as possible? In many cases direct translations are extremely difficult for phrases and compound sentences.

The better translation softwares will give you many options for a single word.

Don't you realize the Chinese have a word for everything and words don't really have multiple meanings where in English we make words to mean as many things as possible?

Just call me stupid, I guess.

I always think about making a poll out of how do I really feel about some of these responses- "the better software.." being an example. What software? What is the name, how can I find it? "it's easy" Oh, really? How easy? Please spell it out for me. "You should be able to...? Oh, really? Did you try it and, if so, were you able to? "Oh, yeah, I have that so-and-so, it's great!" Ok, please tell me it's name and how to find it. "I never have that problem- searching, typing, finding, web bugs, spyware, malware, whatever, you name it..." OK, what, exactly, did you do and how? How can I get it? But, it's a Charlie Lee question. Mr. Lee said "Why ask the question? You'll never know the true answer, or believe it if you heard it."