Can anyone recommend a good company through which I can get a tourist visa to China?

I have purchased a ticket for December 1st which will put me in Shenyang, China on December 3rd (my birthday!). I decided to treat myself, haven't seen my wife in a year, and the more I thought about it, I found it pointless sitting here waiting, not knowing the next time I'll see her. Yes, for paperwork's sake it might be better to sit here and wait, but it's still a year I can never have back, or make up. I know everyone will think I'm a moron, or impatient, or have a bad attitude...I don't see it that way. Plus I get free kung fu lessons!

Not sure how long I will stay, I do know I'll be there for the interview no matter what it takes.

I have a few questions as to what items I should take in the way of her interview and paperwork.

1. Since it will obviously be way into 2007 before the interview, and my income tax will have been filed for 2006, will I need new a new I-864 with all the updated income tax, W-2s and all that for the CR-1? I heard the one I filed in July 2006 with the last tax year being 2005 was good for one year, then I'd need to fill out an updated one after that.

My K-3 was recently approved also, so will I need the I-864 version of that form? (can't remember the number, something like I-324??) with all the new tax information, or do I just basically use the same info as my CR-1 I-864 from 2006.

I don't know which visa will get an interview first, seeing as my CR-1 was sent back 3 months after I filed it because I forgot to write N/A in the apartment blank of my address form, I figure the K-3 will be first.

2. Is there any type of paperwork, parent's birth certificate, driver's license, mail to show proof of residence that I should take? Copies of credit card receipts where I bought phone cards? Do I need to have any of this notarized or will photocopies be ok?

3. I've never faxed anything to China, if my parent's had to fax me something, is there any special something I should know?

Thanks for any advice.

Can anyone recommend a good company through which I can get a tourist visa to China?

I have purchased a ticket for December 1st which will put me in Shenyang, China on December 3rd (my birthday!). I decided to treat myself, haven't seen my wife in a year, and the more I thought about it, I found it pointless sitting here waiting, not knowing the next time I'll see her. Yes, for paperwork's sake it might be better to sit here and wait, but it's still a year I can never have back, or make up. I know everyone will think I'm a moron, or impatient, or have a bad attitude...I don't see it that way. Plus I get free kung fu lessons!

Not sure how long I will stay, I do know I'll be there for the interview no matter what it takes.

I have a few questions as to what items I should take in the way of her interview and paperwork.

1. Since it will obviously be way into 2007 before the interview, and my income tax will have been filed for 2006, will I need new a new I-864 with all the updated income tax, W-2s and all that for the CR-1? I heard the one I filed in July 2006 with the last tax year being 2005 was good for one year, then I'd need to fill out an updated one after that.

My K-3 was recently approved also, so will I need the I-864 version of that form? (can't remember the number, something like I-324??) with all the new tax information, or do I just basically use the same info as my CR-1 I-864 from 2006.

I don't know which visa will get an interview first, seeing as my CR-1 was sent back 3 months after I filed it because I forgot to write N/A in the apartment blank of my address form, I figure the K-3 will be first.

2. Is there any type of paperwork, parent's birth certificate, driver's license, mail to show proof of residence that I should take? Copies of credit card receipts where I bought phone cards? Do I need to have any of this notarized or will photocopies be ok?

3. I've never faxed anything to China, if my parent's had to fax me something, is there any special something I should know?

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry I can't help with the first two questions, but faxing to China is fairly straightforward. Just make sure they remember to start it out with 011-86- and then the number you're receiving it from and you should be fine. I just sent another fax to GUZ today to change my wife's address since she's moved. Good luck and have fun visiting your wife!

I used Oasis International Travel Corp http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_L_visa.html The past two times I travel to China, their service is fast and reliable. The last time I forgot to sign the visa application form, they called me and I faxed them a signed form. Very nice service. This one was recommended on the Chinese embassy site in Washington DC.

$50 visa + 19.95 service fee + $14.40 for the priority mail back to me. Total $84.35

As for other questions Staying long may be a problem, the Chinese government only issues visitors visas with 30 day visit, you need to request longer periods when apply.

Also if travel through Hong Kong you need a double entry visa $75

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

As for other questions Staying long may be a problem, the Chinese government only issues visitors visas with 30 day visit, you need to request longer periods when apply.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

I'm pretty sure that has changed, at least that is what I was told today by my travel agent when I picked up my mother's Visa. I opened her passport to check the Visa and I saw they made her Visa valid for 6 months and she could stay for up to 90 days, 1 entry. My first Visa was only good for 3 months with a 30 days stay maximum, 1 entry. He said they've changed recently...

Of course, if you have been there already and are married to a Chinese citizen, you can obtain a multi-entry Visa valid for longer than that as you have Family there. My second Visa is good for a year, with stays of up to 90 days and is multi-entry. Good luck!

Steve

I stayed 90 days last time, all I did was write 90 days under duration of stay and was issued a 90 day visa. I would love to know how to file for the 1 year visa before I go.

My wife told me she spoke with a friend at the embassy in Shenyang, and they told her if I brought a notarized and apostiled copy of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate they could change my tourist visa to a 1 year visa.

I stayed 90 days last time, all I did was write 90 days under duration of stay and was issued a 90 day visa. I would love to know how to file for the 1 year visa before I go.

My wife told me she spoke with a friend at the embassy in Shenyang, and they told her if I brought a notarized and apostiled copy of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate they could change my tourist visa to a 1 year visa.

I did not need any kind of proof other than what I put on the form: "To visit Family (Wife)" and I gave them a copy of my marriage certificate. That was all... got the Visa a week later. I am pretty sure you can get the 1 year without anything but saying you are going to see your Wife and a simple xerox of your marriage certificate to go along with it.

I do know they didn't need my Birth Certificate as I've sent away all the copies I got in the beginning of this process and don't have one now that I could have submitted to them. I really think you will be fine!

Steve

1. IF a new tax year rolls around, GUZ can ask for W2s or taxes (if after a certain date.. maybe February/March of each year). Normally if your interview is in the same year as the tax filing it's not an issue.. In your case, I'd bring something for your SO to have.

For K3, you use an I-134 form (the I-864 is only good for the CR1).

2. Nothing concerning residency is needed... evidence towards the relationship is always recommended (phone card logs if you can get them). Copies of evidence is fine... but should be complete (ie: email should show what email, date, etc).