NVC - Name check

I contacted NVC again about my case. It is in administrative review. I asked why and the woman told me that it was sent out for a "name check" and they have to wait to get the results by the FBI before sending the case on. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks :)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...r/C/China.htm#E

SPECIAL CLEARANCES AND ISSUANCE PROCEDURES

GENERAL

Official Travel

VISAS HORSE Name Check Requests

A ¡°Visas Horse" request must be submitted immediately following the issuance of an A, C-3, or G visa.

VISAS BEAR Security Advisory Opinion Requests

The cases of official and diplomatic visa applicants who otherwise require security advisory opinions, such as DPT-00 CLASS entries; possible ineligibility under INA 212(a)(3), must be submitted by means of a "Visas Bear" request.

NONOFFICIAL TRAVEL

"VISAS EAGLE" Name Check Requests

¡°Visas Eagle" requests must be submitted for the following persons:

1. K nonimmigrant visa applicants.

2. Immigrant visa applicants.

Visas Eagle requests must include both the Department and NVC Portsmouth as action addresses. Posts may not process a case to conclusion that is subject to Visas Eagle clearance until a reply is received.

Ron, I swear you have the same luck as I do. I fear that this will slow you down for several months or more, but it seems that we all hit snags somewhere in this process. I just hate that this is your second snag... I remember that you also got held up at USCIS an inordinate amount of time. Hang in there guy and keep positive thoughts because I know that Yonghua is counting on you.

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

Well, who's name are they checking - mine or hers? And why does it take so long? I was at USCIS for over 6 months; what was going on there for all that time? Should I contact my Congressman's office or just wait until I'm so f'ing old it won't matter anyway? :)

Well, who's name are they checking - mine or hers? And why does it take so long? I was at USCIS for over 6 months; what was going on there for all that time? Should I contact my Congressman's office or just wait until I'm so f'ing old it won't matter anyway? :angry:

RLS, unfortunately, name check is a security clearance protocal and as such your elected REPS can't do a thing about it to speed this up. You can try--and I'd encourage you to try--but I think the reply you get back will be that they can't do a thing about speeding up name checks. :( It really does suck. I think you should write to all your elected REPS anyway. It might help you feel better.

I was just at VJ and read about two people who were in adminstrative review for less than two weeks. I can only hope that mine will be approved soon. This is absolute hell that they put us through.

I was just at VJ and read about two people who were in adminstrative review for less than two weeks. I can only hope that mine will be approved soon. This is absolute hell that they put us through.

Ok, let's us all hope that your case will be just like theirs. Good luck!

Thank you Lance. I have been so down today after the phone call. I have tried to reason this out and I know there is no reasoning. I have never had an arrest in my life. I can understand if someone has a criminal record that they check him out, but, my God, I just can't understand this. I also heard that NVC just picks cases at random and others they just push them through. Even if they got a hit on someone with the same name, how long does it take to figure out it's not the same person trying to get a visa for his Chinese lady? I can only hope that this gets resolved in a hurry. I don't know where to turn next.

Ok, let's us all hope that your case will be just like theirs. Good luck!

Thank you Lance. I have been so down today after the phone call. I have tried to reason this out and I know there is no reasoning. I have never had an arrest in my life. I can understand if someone has a criminal record that they check him out, but, my God, I just can't understand this. I also heard that NVC just picks cases at random and others they just push them through. Even if they got a hit on someone with the same name, how long does it take to figure out it's not the same person trying to get a visa for his Chinese lady? I can only hope that this gets resolved in a hurry. I don't know where to turn next.

You know what, I'd say write to your elected reps. Even if they respond that they can't do anything for you, at least you'll have done something and you'll probably feel a little better. Perhaps you'll be lucky and one of your elected reps might be able to do something for you. It never hurts to contact your rep, especially after the long wait you've endured.

Again, best wishes.

BTW, I recall you mentioned you were a retired police officer or that you've worked for a police department. Perhaps you have a contact or a collegue who has a contact at the FBI. Maybe you can ask a favor and see what's holding up your name check at the FBI. Just a thought.

Ron, my friend. At this point in the process, they are checking you out. I once printed out a list that I found on line of the agencies that are involved in the process. If any ONE of them hits a snag, then the catch-all "Admin Review" kicks in. I think the list covered more than one page.

Of course, your being from So. Cal. doesn't help any.....

:wub:

Michael

I once printed out a list that I found on line of the agencies that are involved in the process. If any ONE of them hits a snag, then the catch-all "Admin Review" kicks in. I think the list covered more than one page.

Hi Mike

Yes I did read the links posted by knoblette and Lance. I just have to be patient and endure. Just like you. check your PM

And Lance, I contacted my Senator when I was stuck at USCIS. She never responded. My Congressman did respond, but they couldn't do much. I will contact my Congressman again if I get hung up too long. This is ridiculous. Yes, I was a police officer quite a few years ago, but I have no FBI contacts. Good suggestion though. Thanks everyone. Whenever I hear anything negative, I always look for rays of hope.

Hey, well maybe they are starting to speed up the AR process. I had always thought they picked cases randomly for AR. Hang in there Ron! I think you are over the hump now and I'm thinking that all of our cases will start speeding up after this virtual standstill.