Avoid Guangzhou Hospital!

coulter

I previously reported that an unidentified hospital in Guangzhou would not accept photocopied "forms" for K1. Now I can identify the hospital.

On October 16, 2006, I confirmed this. Using fillable DS156, etc. forms from official US Government websites, the hospital REFUSED to accept the forms because they were "copies" or "computer generated."

Hosptial staff directed the following comment to everyone in the room (about 30 people). "If you try to give us forms that are "copies" or "computer generated", we will not take them and the US Government will not let you talk to the VO if you have forms that are copies or computer generated."

We watched many folks literally turned away by the hospital because they have filled out copies of forms.

As noted above, we provided the fillable forms from the websites, and the hospital refused them and would not place them in the envelope. We demanded the envelope and X-rays from the hospital and presented the same forms to the consulate this morning. ALL of the forms were accepted by the consulate just as we had prepared them. The consulate (consistent with the comments by USCONGUZ), was baffled by the hospital's actions.

A final comment. First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College opens at 2:00 p.m. We arrived at 3:10 p.m. and were given number 23. The staff was still working on #4 at 3:10 p.m. and we had to wait until 5:15 p.m. before they called our number and gave us our own "run around."

Details on the interview, our timeline and our heartfelt thanks to all, will follow later, but I am currently "internet challenged."

Edited by coulter (see edit history)

At least you were armed with the knowledge that the consulate will accept the forms and that you might get that run-around at the hospital, letting the consulate know was also a good thing, perhaps they will contact the hospital again and tell them to stop doing that.

And congrats on the visa!

This particular hospital bent over backwards to help us.

There was confusion on providing test results from a test run on our K2 candidate. The day before the interview was to take place we went there to pick up the medical results for the K2 but the last test required was not present. The First Hospital staff researched and found out where the test had been sent and called that lab. It was not scheduled to be processed for a few days. They persuaded the lab to process it out of sequence and we took a taxi over to the lab to pick up the results.

The exam section of the First Hospital stayed open 45 minutes after their advertised closing time until we returned with the lab results and they could complete processing our K2's package. This was certainly something that they were not required to do.

• 2 weeks later...