need help!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Yes, I know they're not for me!!! :lol:

We are in the midst of trying to create a little lobster and her friend gave her these saying they would help. I never did find out exactly what they are, more than keeping her cycles regular. I do have a feeling that they skewed one of her blood tests off the scale. She has stopped taking them and we will do her blood tests again soon to get an unmedicated evaluation.

Don't you love China where you don't need doctor's prescriptions to get medicine?!? :o

On the other hand, she has a thyroid problem and needs to take a thyroid pill daily. With my insurance I can get 30 pills for $10 - without insurance they are $37 for 30 pills. Her sister sent her 4 bottles with 100 pills in each bottle. Total cost in China for a bottle of 100 pills? 6 yuan !!! :blink: :happydance:

Don't you love China where you don't need doctor's prescriptions to get medicine?!?

On the other hand, she has a thyroid problem and needs to take a thyroid pill daily. With my insurance I can get 30 pills for $10 - without insurance they are $37 for 30 pills. Her sister sent her 4 bottles with 100 pills in each bottle. Total cost in China for a bottle of 100 pills? 6 yuan !!!

Steve, what assurance do you have that the thyroid pills are the real McCoy, have not lost potency, etc.? I've not found a good way of dealing with that issue.

Cosmiclobster, the pills are for women approaching menopause, but I have no confidence in that pharmaceutic factory. I think Vitamin E and Vitamin C will serve the same purpose. (Never take the Vitamin C which costs a few yuan per bottle in China, it will cause sapremia.) There are also good Vitamin C or E available in China, but for medicines, chemical products, I like those made in western countries.