Last minute advice?

I will be flying out 10-13 to be with my wife in Chengdu to prepare for her Oct. 30th interview in GUZ. I'm searching for any last minute advice on what to bring in the way of evidence to ensure (as much as humanly possible) a pink slip. I am bringing the following (at least) 1) I-864 and I-864EZ notarized; 2) last 6 months of pay stubs; 3) certified copy of divorce decree; 4) 2003, 2004, 2006 IRS Tax transcripts and copies of actual tax returns; 5) 2 bank statements documenting wire transfers of $ to wife; 6) latest printout of credit union account balances; 7) latest credit union statement w/ account balances and showing wife's name on account; 8) Employer letter showing job w/ UC Berkeley for 24 years, permanent position, and salary signed by department director on office letterhead and printout of employer pension plan showing wife and son as beneficiary's; 9) credit card in wife's name; 10) Will spliting estate between wife and son (son is from previous marriage); 11) credit union membership card w/ wife's name; 12) wedding pictures and all pictures from previous 2 month long visits. 13) pictures of my family member's; 14) previous tickets and itinerary's from my two visits with her; 15) our Chinese marriage certificate/book and translated notarized (in China) copies; 16) ticket's and receipts for some of our travel's to Lijiang, and Hainan Island (idiot that I am, we gave away our tickets from our honeymoon flights to Lijiang in 2005 to two women we befriended and who asked for them to get double compensation from their company :( ; 17) every card and letter she has sent me in original envelope except when we used DHL, then photocopies of same; 18) picture of son holding boxes she shipped birthday, Children's day, and Christmas gifts and of large toy she sent him, plus closeup of her name and address on boxes; 19) record of phone calls from OneSuite which I only signed up for on 8-12-06 but daily or twice daily calls since then; 20) copies of phone cards used before OneSuite (I know that GUZ says they aren't interested unless you kept a log, but I hope that she can show list of emails where we talk about her or I calling to construct a partial log, or at least show that we talked about our calls when I used the phone cards;- I guess this is getting too long, so while there are more pieces of relationship evidence I'm bringing, these are the important ones (I think) that I have checked off. Emails will be printed in China, and my wife has already chosen about 30 she thinks are good over our 2 year + correspondence. Our email and IM's currently reach over 3 feet when the files are stacked. We have literally written to each other every single day since we first met, except a very few days when she or I were not able to have access to a computer. If you've stuck with me through this long list, can anyone offer any last items that I should not be with out? I have really appreciated the help and guidance given by CFL, and certain very helpful, and knowledgable members in particular. I wish I had discovered this site long ago, I would have been better prepared now if I had. I'm in a state of extreme tension as the countdown begins, and would be eternally grateful for any advice, or direction about other evidence to bring for her ordeal by fire at GUZ! Xie, xie!

I would suggest that if your income alone meets the Support requirements that you do not present any evidence of assets of any kind. They can possibly raise other questions that can not be answered at the interview and require additional evidence from the US to validate.

Both the I-864 and I-864EZ are not notarized with the latest version. Again, try not to list anything other than income on whichever one you use.

I would definitely not take a will to the interview, while it sounds like a good commitment from you it could also be viewed in a bad light by the VO.

Items showing joint accounts are fine, but I wouldn't get too carried away with them. This is not something the VO would expect to see before she has arrived in the US.

You need to keep your relationship evidence to something reasonable for her to carry and manage for the interview. Pictures, emails, phone records, cards, tickets and itineraries,

It's good to have some backup evidence, but most interviews take 3-5 minutes so too much might make it difficult to present or even locate.

I think those are excellent points, Lee since most of us cannot even come close to providing all of that financial information. Also, we don't want to set a precedent and give them more ammunition to blue slip us. ;)

By the way, good luck on the interview, naogong. :rolleyes:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

I think those are excellent points, Lee since most of us cannot even come close to providing all of that financial information. Also, we don't want to set a precedent and give them more ammunition to blue slip us. :lol:

By the way, good luck on the interview, naogong. :o

Thank you Leefisher, and RLS. I do have a tendency to overdo it, but my plan (after due consultation with my dear wife), was to present them with the I-864EZ, and reserve the I-864 and it's assests if we had to overcome and provide more evidence. I was aware that the new forms didn't require notarization, but after discussing it with my wife, who insisted that we notarize them because the folks on the BBS she consults advise it, I decided that her confidence and comfort with the material she has to present was the most important factor, so in deference to her I notarized them. I certainly wouldn't want to raise the bar for others :) , and I will adhere to the "KISS" principle at the interview, and bring the other evidence in case of any overcome evidence needs. Thanks for your advice, hope I'll be posting at the end of the month with another pink slip for a CFL member, and an account of my wife's experience at her interview for the benefit of others. :D

Thank you Leefisher, and RLS. I do have a tendency to overdo it, but my plan (after due consultation with my dear wife), was to present them with the I-864EZ, and reserve the I-864 and it's assests if we had to overcome and provide more evidence. I was aware that the new forms didn't require notarization, but after discussing it with my wife, who insisted that we notarize them because the folks on the BBS she consults advise it, I decided that her confidence and comfort with the material she has to present was the most important factor, so in deference to her I notarized them. I certainly wouldn't want to raise the bar for others :lol: , and I will adhere to the "KISS" principle at the interview, and bring the other evidence in case of any overcome evidence needs. Thanks for your advice, hope I'll be posting at the end of the month with another pink slip for a CFL member, and an account of my wife's experience at her interview for the benefit of others. :D

They will probably only require the 2005 taxes since you filed the original I-864 with NVC. The affidavidt of support is probably the least likely area to be mentioned on a blue slip unless you somehow forget to give them your latest tax return when asked.

You need to mention to your wife that the the people at 001 apparently haven't heard about the new forms that do not require notarization and maybe she should tell them. It will help to keep her mind off the process. :P