SO's Passport about to Expire

Hi All,

The Mrs just informed me that not only will her Chinese Passport will expire in July of next year, but she has been told by several ladies from 001 that the Chinese emabasies here in the USA will no longer update, renew or replace any ones (Chinese Citizens) passport. After January, should they need to be replaces or any thing else, the individual will need to go back to China to get the correction or update that they need.

Therefore, does anyone here know anything about this, and if so, how do we go about getting her Chinese Passport Renewed (Good for another 5 or 10 years)? Where do we find the forms, & then were do we send, what do we send? Any Idea on the costs? What percautions do we need to be aware about.

Thanks

Hi All,

The Mrs just informed me that not only will her Chinese Passport will expire in July of next year, but she has been told by several ladies from 001 that the Chinese emabasies here in the USA will no longer update, renew or replace any ones (Chinese Citizens) passport. After January, should they need to be replaces or any thing else, the individual will need to go back to China to get the correction or update that they need.

Therefore, does anyone here know anything about this, and if so, how do we go about getting her Chinese Passport Renewed (Good for another 5 or 10 years)? Where do we find the forms, & then were do we send, what do we send? Any Idea on the costs? What percautions do we need to be aware about.

Thanks

Have your wife start here as all info will be in Chinese:

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/

Hi All,

Thanks

My wife received a five year extension to her Chinese passport, she mailed the extension form which is in Chinese along with the required documentation to the embassy in San Francisco the fee was $10.00 + $5.00 handling fee. She had renewed a few months ago now. She has also heard that the embassy will no longer update, renew or replace passports and that you would need to go to China in the near future. I also heard that they may not accept applications through the mail at some point.

Has Anyone Use This Firm & Can they Be Trusted?

Also, Is this what all we would need to do?

Thanks

http://www.visarite.com/ChinaPassportExtension.htm

This is the site that I used to gather all the documentation needed for my wife's passport extension. I mailed the documents along with her passport directly to the S.F. Consulate. It was returned within a week of delivery. I did send U.S.P.S. Express Mail for tracking purposes. You must also enclose a prepaid envelope with your return address so they can mail it back if you do it your self.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

This is what I think is the page for the Chinese Passport.

Also I believe SC is serviced by the DC office.

Can anybody read Chinese?

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/hzlxz/t84200.htm

Ê×Ò³ > »¤ÕÕ¡¢Ç©Ö¤¡¢¹«Ö¤ÈÏÖ¤ > Öйú»¤ÕÕ¡¢ÂÃÐÐÖ¤

Òò˽»¤ÕÕÒÅʧ²¹·¢

2006Äê06ÔÂ09ÈÕÐÞ¶©

¸ù¾Ý¡¶ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú¹ú¼®·¨¡·£¬¶¨¾Ó¹úÍâµÄÖйú¹«Ãñ£¬×ÔÔ¸¼ÓÈë»òÈ¡µÃÍâ¹ú¹ú¼®µÄ£¬¼´×Ô¶¯É¥Ê§Öйú¹ú¼®£¬²»ÄÜÔÙÉêÇëÖйú»¤ÕÕ¡£

Ò»¡¢ ÇëÌṩ£º

1¡¢¡¶ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú»¤ÕÕ/ÂÃÐÐÖ¤/º£Ô±Ö¤/»Ø¹úÖ¤Ã÷ÉêÇë±í¡·Ò»·Ý¡£

2¡¢Ð¡2´ç£¨48mm X 33mm£©²ÊÉ«ÏàƬ3ÕÅ£¬Í·²¿¿í¶ÈΪ21mm¡«24mm¡¢³¤¶ÈΪ28mm¡«33mm, ÏàƬ±³¾°ÑÕɫΪ°×É«»òµ­À¶É«£»

3¡¢ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤ÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ£¨Èç¹ûÓУ©£¬°üÀ¨´øÕÕƬ×ÊÁÏÒ³¡¢Ôø°ìÀí¹ý¼Ó×¢ÑÓÆÚÒ³¡¢À´ÃÀÇ©Ö¤Ò³£»

4¡¢ÔÚÃÀ¾ÓÁôÖ¤Ã÷Ô­¼þ¼°¸´Ó¡¼þ£¨ÈçÃÀ¹ú¡°ÂÌ¿¨¡±¡¢I20±íµÈ£©£»

5¡¢ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤ÕÕÊéÃæÉùÃ÷¡£ÄÚÈÝ°üÀ¨£ºÂÃÃÀÇ°ºó¾­Àú£¬ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤Õյص㡢¾­¹ý£¬»¤ÕÕºÅÂë¡¢·¢ÕÕʱ¼ä¡¢Ç©·¢µØµã£¬±¾ÈËסַ¼°ÁªÏµµç»°µÈ£»

¶þ¡¢°ìÖ¤·½Ê½

±¾È˱ØÐëÇ××Ôµ½Ê¹Áì¹Ý°ìÀí¡£²»¿ÉÒÔÓʼİìÀí»òίÍÐËûÈË´ú°ì¡£µ«´óʹ¹Ý¿ÉÌṩ»ØÓÊ·þÎñ£¬Ïê¼ûÓʼÄÉêÇëÐëÖª¡£

ÎÞÐèÌáÇ°Ô¤Ô¼¡£

Èý¡¢°ì֤ʱ¼äºÍ·ÑÓÃ

1¡¢°ìÀíʱ¼äÔ¼Ðè14ÖÁ30Ì죬»ò¸ü³¤Ê±¼ä£¬105ÃÀÔª¡£

2¡¢½ÓÊÜVISA¡¢MasterCard¡¢ÏÖ½ð֧Ʊ£¨ Money Order¡¢Cashier¡¯s check £©¡¢¹«Ë¾Ö§Æ±¡¢ÏÖ½ð¡£Ö§Æ±Ì§Í·Çëд£ºChinese Embassy¡£

¡¾ÍƼö¸øÅóÓÑ¡¿ ¡¾´òÓ¡ÎÄÕ¡¿

Ïà¹ØÐÂÎÅ£º

¸½¼þ£º

Tel:(202) 328-2500 Email: chinaembassy_us@fmprc.gov.cn

Òò˽»¤ÕÕÒÅʧ²¹·¢

2006Äê06ÔÂ09ÈÕÐÞ¶©

¸ù¾Ý¡¶ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú¹ú¼®·¨¡·£¬¶¨¾Ó¹úÍâµÄÖйú¹«Ãñ£¬×ÔÔ¸¼ÓÈë»òÈ¡µÃÍâ¹ú¹ú¼®µÄ£¬¼´×Ô¶¯É¥Ê§Öйú¹ú¼®£¬²»ÄÜÔÙÉêÇëÖйú»¤ÕÕ¡£

Ò»¡¢ ÇëÌṩ£º

2¡¢Ð¡2´ç£¨48mm X 33mm£©²ÊÉ«ÏàƬ3ÕÅ£¬Í·²¿¿í¶ÈΪ21mm¡«24mm¡¢³¤¶ÈΪ28mm¡«33mm, ÏàƬ±³¾°ÑÕɫΪ°×É«»òµ­À¶É«£»

3¡¢ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤ÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ£¨Èç¹ûÓУ©£¬°üÀ¨´øÕÕƬ×ÊÁÏÒ³¡¢Ôø°ìÀí¹ý¼Ó×¢ÑÓÆÚÒ³¡¢À´ÃÀÇ©Ö¤Ò³£»

5¡¢ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤ÕÕÊéÃæÉùÃ÷¡£ÄÚÈÝ°üÀ¨£ºÂÃÃÀÇ°ºó¾­Àú£¬ÒÅʧ»ò±»µÁ»¤Õյص㡢¾­¹ý£¬»¤ÕÕºÅÂë¡¢·¢ÕÕʱ¼ä¡¢Ç©·¢µØµã£¬±¾ÈËסַ¼°ÁªÏµµç»°µÈ£»

¶þ¡¢°ìÖ¤·½Ê½

±¾È˱ØÐëÇ××Ôµ½Ê¹Áì¹Ý°ìÀí¡£²»¿ÉÒÔÓʼİìÀí»òίÍÐËûÈË´ú°ì¡£µ«´óʹ¹Ý¿ÉÌṩ»ØÓÊ·þÎñ£¬Ïê¼ûÓʼÄÉêÇëÐëÖª¡£

ÎÞÐèÌáÇ°Ô¤Ô¼¡£

Èý¡¢°ì֤ʱ¼äºÍ·ÑÓÃ

2¡¢½ÓÊÜVISA¡¢MasterCard¡¢ÏÖ½ð֧Ʊ£¨ Money Order¡¢Cashier¡¯s check £©¡¢¹«Ë¾Ö§Æ±¡¢ÏÖ½ð¡£Ö§Æ±Ì§Í·Çëд£ºChinese Embassy¡£

Ïà¹ØÐÂÎÅ£º

¸½¼þ£º

Page translates to:

Private lost passport replacement

Revised June 9, 2006

According to the "Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China," Chinese citizens residing abroad, either voluntarily or acquired foreign nationality, automatically lose their Chinese nationality, can no longer apply for a Chinese passport.

1. Please provide :

1¡¢ ¡¶ PRC passport / travel document / seafarer / return the application form to prove ¡· A.

2, a small two-inch (48mm X 33mm) and three color photographs, the head width of 21mm ~ CsI, and the length of more than 28mm ~ 33mm, color photographs of a white or light-blue background;

3¡¢ Lost or stolen passports complex print (if any). Including information page with a photograph, has engaged the word extension page, page visa to the United States;

4, and the original copies printed in the United States to prove residency (eg United States "green card", I20, etc.);

5¡¢ Lost or stolen passports written statement. Include : An experienced before, the passport is lost or stolen, read, passport numbers, licensing time, the issue of location, address and contact telephone number;

Second, the application form

I have to handle personally to the embassy. Can not handle mail Or Commission agents ¡£ However, the embassy can provide self-service, see Applications must be mailed ¡£

No advance booking.

Third, processing time and costs

1¡¢ Processing time about 14 to 30 days, or even longer, 105 U.S. dollars.

2¡¢ Accept VISA, MasterCard, cash checks (Money Order, Cashier 's check), check, cash. Write a check payable to : Chinese embassy.

Òò˽»¤ÕÕÒÅʧ²¹·¢

2006Äê06ÔÂ09ÈÕÐÞ¶©

Ò»¡¢ ÇëÌṩ£º

¶þ¡¢°ìÖ¤·½Ê½

ÎÞÐèÌáÇ°Ô¤Ô¼¡£

Èý¡¢°ì֤ʱ¼äºÍ·ÑÓÃ

Ïà¹ØÐÂÎÅ£º

¸½¼þ£º

Page translates to:

Private lost passport replacement

Revised June 9, 2006

According to the "Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China," Chinese citizens residing abroad, either voluntarily or acquired foreign nationality, automatically lose their Chinese nationality, can no longer apply for a Chinese passport.

1. Please provide :

1¡¢ ¡¶ PRC passport / travel document / seafarer / return the application form to prove ¡· A.

2, a small two-inch (48mm X 33mm) and three color photographs, the head width of 21mm ~ CsI, and the length of more than 28mm ~ 33mm, color photographs of a white or light-blue background;

3¡¢ Lost or stolen passports complex print (if any). Including information page with a photograph, has engaged the word extension page, page visa to the United States;

4, and the original copies printed in the United States to prove residency (eg United States "green card", I20, etc.);

5¡¢ Lost or stolen passports written statement. Include : An experienced before, the passport is lost or stolen, read, passport numbers, licensing time, the issue of location, address and contact telephone number;

Second, the application form

I have to handle personally to the embassy. Can not handle mail Or Commission agents ¡£ However, the embassy can provide self-service, see Applications must be mailed ¡£

No advance booking.

Third, processing time and costs

1¡¢ Processing time about 14 to 30 days, or even longer, 105 U.S. dollars.

2¡¢ Accept VISA, MasterCard, cash checks (Money Order, Cashier 's check), check, cash. Write a check payable to : Chinese embassy.

Thanks......That answers a few questions.