background check after passing the interview?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows what goes on after you turn in the I-864 form during the interview, especially if your SO passed the interview? Do they do more background checks on the financial sponsor, to make sure all the info on the I-864 are legit? What if the financial sponsor (moi) quits their job around that time? Would that affect whether or not SO gets the green card? ANY input would be greatly appreciated! :(

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows what goes on after you turn in the I-864 form during the interview, especially if your SO passed the interview? Do they do more background checks on the financial sponsor, to make sure all the info on the I-864 are legit? What if the financial sponsor (moi) quits their job around that time? Would that affect whether or not SO gets the green card? ANY input would be greatly appreciated! :rolleyes:

I don't think they check the I-864 in China. They do however send it to INS in your packet and will check it at the time of your AOS interview. Just get another job prior to the interview and you should be good. BUT.. this is only a guess based on my experience with a I-134 ..

When GUZ thinks I-864 is questionable, are you sure she "passed" the interview?

I know some kids who passed the interview but it just happened they reached 16 years old then. The applicant has to wait for namecheck clearance in this circumstances.

Thank you for all of your replies! No we haven't had our interview yet ( I wish we did though), but I just wanted to know what the consequences are if I happen to change jobs during this time. :lol:

I can tell you from experience that it is possible to pass the AOS interview without a job AND to get a K-2 visa. :D

The employment letters supplied with the I-864 for AOS and I-134 for the K-2 were valid when supplied and there was not a question.

Of course I did get a new job before we filed our Son's AOS paperwork and I filed for AOS 1 week before actually starting the new one.

When I was asked at the AOS interview what the company did, I gave a full history of the company and described what the business did and related some of my past experiences. Once the IO turned to the next page in the file, I wound down my sales talk without giving them a chance to ask if I still worked for them. :lol: