Approved at NVC

Thanks Coco and Juette and all the rest. My case has a number and is in name check now. It's anybody's guess on how long that takes. Hang in there Coco, you'll get it. :sweating_buckets:

Thanks Coco and Juette and all the rest. My case has a number and is in name check now. It's anybody's guess on how long that takes. Hang in there Coco, you'll get it. :P

Hi RLS. Congrats on getting the email notification from NVC.

Question: how did NVC obtain your email address? Does USCIS pass that info onto to NVC? I'm just wondering if I have to registered with NVC directly, like I did with USCIS, to get email notifications, or will that not be necessary as USCIS will directly pass my email info onto NVC.

Thanks!

Thanks Coco and Juette and all the rest. My case has a number and is in name check now. It's anybody's guess on how long that takes. Hang in there Coco, you'll get it. :greenblob:

In my case, it took one day to process the name check from the date of receipt of my case. It varies case by case, but I was told K1 stays in NVC only a couple of days in most cases. Email NVC and you will get a response in 3 days. I think you may get a reponse that they have sent your petition to GZ.

Thanks Coco and Juette and all the rest. My case has a number and is in name check now. It's anybody's guess on how long that takes. Hang in there Coco, you'll get it. :greenblob:

Hi RLS. Congrats on getting the email notification from NVC.

Question: how did NVC obtain your email address? Does USCIS pass that info onto to NVC? I'm just wondering if I have to registered with NVC directly, like I did with USCIS, to get email notifications, or will that not be necessary as USCIS will directly pass my email info onto NVC.

Thanks!

You can either email nvcinquiry@state.gov (make sure to put your CIS receipt number in subject line) or call 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5 for a live operator.

Sir Lancelot: You can't register for email like you could at USCIS, but, if you email them (see address Theresa posted) they will simply respond to your email address. I've had pretty good success by calling them. Good luck.

And Frank, do you like the "Hot" cheetos or the wimpy plain ones? And do you usually wash them down with a soft drink or beer? I have found they don't go good with wine. :lol:

(which reminds me of a poll I should conduct) These are important issues you know. :P

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Sir Lancelot: You can't register for email like you could at USCIS, but, if you email them (see address Theresa posted) they will simply respond to your email address. I've had pretty good success by calling them. Good luck.

And Frank, do you like the "Hot" cheetos or the wimpy plain ones? And do you usually wash them down with a soft drink or beer? I have found they don't go good with wine. :D

OMG, Cheetos and wine. That's such a gut wrenching thought. Made me almost puke. :blink:

I sent my status inquiry email to NVC. Thanks Theresa.

I almost laughed when I called NVC. The lady asked for i.d. number of the case and SO's birthdate. I told her that NVC had already given me a GZ number. She said, "fine, may I have it please." I gave her the number and she told me the status of the case. Then she said, "if you have a pen, I can give you the GUZ number. She preceeded to give me the number I had "JUST" given her. Maybe she was having a rough day. LOL :D

I almost laughed when I called NVC. The lady asked for i.d. number of the case and SO's birthdate. I told her that NVC had already given me a GZ number. She said, "fine, may I have it please." I gave her the number and she told me the status of the case. Then she said, "if you have a pen, I can give you the GUZ number. She preceeded to give me the number I had "JUST" given her. Maybe she was having a rough day. LOL :roller:

She was just trying to help you. I hope you said: "Thanks".

Oh yes, I acted like I didn't have the number and thanked her very much. And she was very nice. :D

RLS, thanks for suggesting emailing NVC. I did just that and got back a response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy/Consulate General. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General.

The NVC case number is listed below.

Case Number: GUZxxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name: xxx,xxx

Preference Category: K1

Your Priority Date: 24Jul2006

Foreign State Chargeability: CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. Embassy/Consulate: CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTH

GUANGZHOU 510133

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Traveling Applicants:

NAME DOB POB

xxx,xxx xxxxxxx CHIN

Regards,

National Visa Center

M2B/ban

I hope you get your petition forwarded over soon too!

Now, for the wise old-timers: How should I go about finding out the exact date my petition was sent off to GUZ? Email/reply back to the above email I received? Or should I call them? Also, is NVC the State Department? Are they the one I'll call in the future to keep checking up on the status of my case, or is there a completely different number/entity that I'll be dealing with from here on out?

Thanks!

You won't know the exact date that NVC sent it to GUZ. You can only guess based on the date of your letter from NVC. You can put in a range of dates on the DHL website and use I-730 for the reference. It takes about 2 to 6 weeks for GUZ to receive it. My letter from NVC had a date of 8/16 and the P3 was mailed to my wife on 8/31. Wait a few weeks and call DOS... Good Luck

RLS, thanks for suggesting emailing NVC. I did just that and got back a response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy/Consulate General. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General.

The NVC case number is listed below.

Case Number: GUZxxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name: xxx,xxx

Preference Category: K1

Your Priority Date: 24Jul2006

Foreign State Chargeability: CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. Embassy/Consulate: CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTH

GUANGZHOU 510133

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Traveling Applicants:

NAME DOB POB

xxx,xxx xxxxxxx CHIN

Regards,

National Visa Center

M2B/ban

I hope you get your petition forwarded over soon too!

Now, for the wise old-timers: How should I go about finding out the exact date my petition was sent off to GUZ? Email/reply back to the above email I received? Or should I call them? Also, is NVC the State Department? Are they the one I'll call in the future to keep checking up on the status of my case, or is there a completely different number/entity that I'll be dealing with from here on out?

Thanks!