The Tricky truth?

Do you think the visa officer has already made a decision on the visa before the interview?? They investigate on the evidences based on the package which NVS sent them, and forms in P3. That's how they decide if the visa will be given or not, maybe? That's why some got their visa within 5 mins, and some got denial even if they try hard at the interview.

who knows, let's hope for the best.

Do you think the visa officer has already made a decision on the visa before the interview?? They investigate on the evidences based on the package which NVS sent them, and forms in P3. That's how they decide if the visa will be given or not, maybe? That's why some got their visa within 5 mins, and some got denial even if they try hard at the interview.

who knows, let's hope for the best.

Of course they have their minds made up. They did not even want to see our evidence at my SO's interview. They are looking for fraud. If they have the slightest hint and if someone fits the profile then they already prejudged. Just my opinion based on my experience.

I don't think they have decided the result before interview. VO may take a few seconds to scan the records when calling the applicant to the window. When VO sees on the file that the petitioner and applicant met in person before ending their previous marriage, or sees the distant expression on the applicant's face when talking about her SO, it only takes VO one second to decide to issue a blue slip.

VO's are doing the same job everyday. I believe they read an applicant's files 10 times faster than I read Bill Clinton's My Life :lol:

To the point that the VO may have his/her mind made up before the interview. How important is it to make sure that my SO submit our relationship evidence WITH the sealed medical packet at the Consulate prior to being call to the "window" for the interview? (instead of waiting for the interview and the questions to be asked before supplying evidence)

There was only limited relationship evidence in my I-129F filing (no photos, just a phone bill, letter from my SO's parents inviting my parents to China for our engagement party, and a letter from me explaining why there are no photos :angry: ) But since my initial filing, I have gathered a lot more evidence, including photos of us with a lot of other relatives taken when my family went to China for our engagement party. I just want to make sure if the VO is going to "prejudge", then we have as much evidence in front of him/her as possible.

Any input will be appreciated.

I don't think they have decided the result before interview. VO may take a few seconds to scan the records when calling the applicant to the window. When VO sees on the file that the petitioner and applicant met in person before ending their previous marriage, or sees the distant expression on the applicant's face when talking about her SO, it only takes VO one second to decide to issue a blue slip.

VO's are doing the same job everyday. I believe they read an applicant's files 10 times faster than I read Bill Clinton's My Life :bangin:

To the point that the VO may have his/her mind made up before the interview. How important is it to make sure that my SO submit our relationship evidence WITH the sealed medical packet at the Consulate prior to being call to the "window" for the interview? (instead of waiting for the interview and the questions to be asked before supplying evidence)

There was only limited relationship evidence in my I-129F filing (no photos, just a phone bill, letter from my SO's parents inviting my parents to China for our engagement party, and a letter from me explaining why there are no photos :D ) But since my initial filing, I have gathered a lot more evidence, including photos of us with a lot of other relatives taken when my family went to China for our engagement party. I just want to make sure if the VO is going to "prejudge", then we have as much evidence in front of him/her as possible.

VO's are doing the same job everyday. I believe they read an applicant's files 10 times faster than I read Bill Clinton's My Life :lol:

When they ask you for the sealed envelope, I doubt they will take your evidence at the same time.

There was only limited relationship evidence in my I-129F filing (no photos, just a phone bill, letter from my SO's parents inviting my parents to China for our engagement party, and a letter from me explaining why there are no photos :D ) But since my initial filing, I have gathered a lot more evidence, including photos of us with a lot of other relatives taken when my family went to China for our engagement party. I just want to make sure if the VO is going to "prejudge", then we have as much evidence in front of him/her as possible.

When they ask you for the sealed envelope, I doubt they will take your evidence at the same time.

The contents of the sealed medical envelope are taken at the window by the VO as the "interview" is to begin, not before. My SO was requested to tear open the envelope and hand the VO what was inside. She still has the empty envelope.

Per my instructions, when the VO asked for the passports, my SO also passed over to him a detailed "Index" (one typed page) of the evidence that she had brought along with her. He glanced at what it was, and pushed it back. They won't take anything they don't specifically ask for.

I think the 80-20 rule applies here. VO has gone through 80% of his/her decision making process prior to calling up an applicant, and it's a matter of sanity-checking on his/her decision when VO actually meets the applicant. There are 20% of the chance that VO might overturn his/her predetermined decision in the interview.

All the documents pertained to the outcome of the interview is screened by some other staff before the interview, if some obvious documents missing or not meeting the requirements, the pre-screening staff will put a blue slip directly----this is why we have to submit the docus prior to the interview.(30 mins is enough for the pre-screening process) And the VO is the final decision maker, I dont think they have time to go through all the docus before the interview.

This is not an official answer, this is what I figured out by myself, correct me if I am wrong.