Here's My Number

I'm getting ready for my medical exam next week and notice that some of the forms require my case number. The letter my husband received from the NVC shows my case number. And so does the P3 letter from GZ. But here's the problem: The numbers are not the same. Both numbers start out the same ... GUZ2003xxxxxx ... but the last six digits are different. So which number do you think I should use?

Also, one of the forms asks for my alien (case) number. Above my name on the I129F approval notice is a number that begins with "A" ... Axx xxx xxx. Is this my alien number? Do you think I should use this number or my case number on that form?

I know this question is very unique, but if anyone can help me, I would be most grateful. Thanks!

Hi,

Use the case# from the packet 3 forms. GZ assigns a different case # than the NVC. The A # from the 129F approval is your Alien Registration # and since you have it,  I would put it on the form. ----Bob

I don't think she has a A number. It's assigned after you file AOS..

Put "None" in the A number field

Hi,

Use the case# from the packet 3 forms. GZ assigns a different case # than the NVC. The A # from the 129F approval is your Alien Registration # and since you have it,  I would put it on the form. ----Bob

I have to agree with Eric on this one. How can she have a number if she is not an alien yet. I bet all these girls never thought they would be called that before did they? :o I even asked the lady in Beijing INS when we were there over a year ago, and she asked me if my wife had ever been to the US, if the answer is no there is no way to be registered as an alien yet.

I have to agree with Eric on this one. How can she have a number if she is not an alien yet. I bet all these girls never thought they would be called that before did they? :o I even asked the lady in Beijing INS when we were there over a year ago, and she asked me if my wife had ever been to the US, if the answer is no there is no way to be registered as an alien yet.

Hi,

Use the case# from the packet 3 forms. GZ assigns a different case # than the NVC. The A # from the 129F approval is your Alien Registration # and since you have it,  I would put it on the form. ----Bob

I may be wrong on the #. All I know is my contact in my Senator's office requested A# on the 129F NOA2 and from this they have accessed all the info I have needed. Maybe it is a K3 thing?? But I agree maybe it is best to leave it off the forms. -----Bob

Hi,

I agree

The only number we have used so far, I believe has been the GUZ number. That number is on the letter that they send out letting you know they have started the process. We have our interview in 2 weeks and the only numbers we expect to use now are dollar sign numbers since they charge so much for all this.