Medical Requirement in P4 Packet

Hi All! In the P4 packet regarding the vaccination requirements, it says recent changes now require applicant to get 11 vaccination. It says:

"Applicants for immigrant visas at the US Consulate GZ mus obtain an international vaccination record from one of the PRC Quarantine Bureau offices listed below. If you have received some or all of the required vaccinations, you should bring your previous vaccination records to the Quarantine Bureau for verification and transfer to your international vaccination record."

There are a total of 5 Quarantine Bureau offices (Guandong, Fujian, Shanghai, Beijing, and Jiangmen)

Does this mean my wife needs to go to one of the Q.B. offices to do the vaccantion if necessary or is it completed at the medical examination process?

This is a CR-1 case. My wife interview is on Oct. 19 so I am trying to help her out as much as I can. If anyone that has just completed there interview and have knowledge of this PLEASE ADVISE. Thank You!!!

Hi All! In the P4 packet regarding the vaccination requirements, it says recent changes now require applicant to get 11 vaccination. It says:

"Applicants for immigrant visas at the US Consulate GZ mus obtain an international vaccination record from one of the PRC Quarantine Bureau offices listed below. If you have received some or all of the required vaccinations, you should bring your previous vaccination records to the Quarantine Bureau for verification and transfer to your international vaccination record."

There are a total of 5 Quarantine Bureau offices (Guandong, Fujian, Shanghai, Beijing, and Jiangmen)

Does this mean my wife needs to go to one of the Q.B. offices to do the vaccantion if necessary or is it completed at the medical examination process?

This is a CR-1 case. My wife interview is on Oct. 19 so I am trying to help her out as much as I can. If anyone that has just completed there interview and have knowledge of this PLEASE ADVISE. Thank You!!!

I believe one of the medical facilities in GZ is also does the vacinations, she can ask where she gets her medical exam done and they will make sure she gets to the right place. If she is staying at Mr Yang or Mr Xie's hotels they can help her get to the right place as well.

She will probably only need 3-4 immunizations, the list they provide is the kitchen sink approach by the USCIS, many don't apply.

I believe one of the medical facilities in GZ is also does the vacinations, she can ask where she gets her medical exam done and they will make sure she gets to the right place. If she is staying at Mr Yang or Mr Xie's hotels they can help her get to the right place as well.

She will probably only need 3-4 immunizations, the list they provide is the kitchen sink approach by the USCIS, many don't apply.

My wife is going to Shanghai at the end of this month or beginning of next to get her physical completed to shorten the stay in GZ. I will tell her to ask during her examination. It would be horrible if she had to go to a different place to get the vaccination. Anyone that has just completed their interview can you please shed some light into this situation. Thanks!

If this is a new procedure then I think this needs to be pinned as many will be wanting to know this.

Three vaccinations [for adults]...

For K1-K4, no vaccinations required to enter the US; CR1 needs vaccinations prior to the interview...

read the FAQs...

LoL. David, I've read so many FAQs, too many to recall, but I can't remember every single minute detail of every single policy.

Thanks for the reply.

If one reads the new critically requested single document FAQ (due to criticized gluttony FAQs by the teeming masses)... you will see all the fat taken out, and just the FACTS:

Vaccinations:

- K visa holders do not require vaccinations to enter the US. You may get them in the US; You will need them for the adjustment of status petition.

- If you plan to get vaccinations bring any available shot records.

- The required vaccinations for adults are typically: TD (tetanus), MMR and Varicella (chicken pox).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaccination Requirements for Immigrant Visa Applicants and AOS Applicants

http://uscis.gov/graphics/generalvac.pdf

If one reads the new critically requested single document FAQ (due to criticized gluttony FAQs by the teeming masses)... you will see all the fat taken out, and just the FACTS:

Actually I have been reading your new FAQ. It's very useful. Thanks. Still a lot of info to digest though and sometimes I can't retain all the info. So I ask questions here. :D