More Birth Certificate trouble

I spoke on the phone with a woman from the USCIS office in Guangzhou. To file the I-130 you do need 2 Birth certificates. One is the notorial birth certificate which I got from a notary. This was very easy. This is what the I-130 instructions say for the "original" birth certificate..."Beneficiary's original Birth Certificate or Certificate issued with Public Security Bureau letterhead for certify original is kept in record or loss" As we all know many people do not have their original birth certificates simply because they were never issued.

What this woman from the USCIS told me to do is to go to the PSB and get a letter on their LETTERHEAD that says that there was never a birth certificate given at birth. We spoke with the PSB and they said they don't deal in such matters, but my wife¡¯s family knows the leader there so he said he will give us whatever we want. Here is the thing, they have no letterhead. All they have is that cheap thin paper that is all over the place here.

Has anyone here ever had to get one of these letters? If so, was it something as simple as a letter containing her birth information and that there was never an original birth certificate issued written on cheap tissue paper with the PSB stamp on it?

It just seems like so much trouble for something so simple and stupid. What if my wife¡¯s family didn't have friends there? What a project!!!

From what I was told the USCIS office in Guangzhou has different requirements for the birth certificates than the consulate does for a visa interview.

This is exactly what the instructions say.

In order to file a I-130 petition at DHS-USCIS-Guangzhou, you need to submit the following documents:

1. One I-130

2 One G-325A for petitioner and one for beneficiary.

3. Petitioners US Passport and/or US birth certificate, and Valid Chinese Public Security Bureau issued permanent Resident Permit.

4. Beneficiary's original birth certificate or certificate issued with Public Security Bureau letterhead for certify original is kept in record or loss.

5. Beneficiaries Notarial Birth Certificate.

6. Nortarial Marriage Certificate

7. Original Marriage Certificate

8. 2 photos for each petitioner and each beneficiary

9. Other documents mentioned in the instruction statement of the I-130

10. All non-English documents should be translated into English

11. Beneficiaries Chinese Passport.

The birth certificates are listed as separte items and dthe woman at the office said they were. I have read on here in other places that some people had gotten a letter from the PSB. I was wondering what they had received and if it was a simple piece of paper.

4. Beneficiary's original birth certificate or certificate issued with Public Security Bureau letterhead for certify original is kept in record or loss.

5. Beneficiaries Notarial Birth Certificate.

I have ever heard about it, the USCIS office in Guangzhou requires both birth certificates.

I heard some lady who without her original birth certificate went to the hospital where she was born and checked the old archivement, and get a paper from that hospital to certify she was born there and other information about her birth,then went to police station where her "hukou" is to get an other ceritificate from there about her birth.

For details please connect with "yuliki" , she is also a CR-1 [DCF] Direct Consulate Filing in GUZ, and she got her visa in july. Send her PM see if she will reply you.

Good luck!

My wife was born in a small town and at home. There was never a certificate of birth issued. All she produced was a notorial statement stating where and when she was born, who her parents are. She got this Notarial statement done and translated into English at the PSB in Shenzhen. Very plain and simple only like 3 lines it was bound in the normal thick shinny white booklet. It also had her current picture attached to it. It worked fine for us when we filed the paperwork here through the USA. Never questioned.

Mike

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)

Again, we're talking about USCIS filing at the consulate.. so comments from others about what they did later in the process for GUZ is not relevant.

My understanding is that for the DCF, you need both of these items.. and Yuliki gave a sample petition and did get one from her PSB office.

In a sense, your local police office is correct: They have nothing to do with birth certificates; they do have the authority to make sworn statements attesting to "this or that".. and that is what you need them to do: Attest that no b/c exists, that she was born at home at [date] , etc...

NO letterhead?? Please have the boss type up a letterhead at the top of the letter.... Police station name, city, providence, etc...

then do the letter below that...

Hopefully this can work.