what is good and what is bad

I know that there is info somewhere in CFL but really what is good and what is bad ??

Pink is Good: visa approved

Blue is Bad: more information is needed before the visa can be approved

White is Death: application is rejected and is being returned to the states.

Thank you For that colorful explaination, I hope all in here never see White or Blue

I know that there is info somewhere in CFL but really what is good and what is bad ??

It's interesting that you use "white" to equate "death". In Chinese custom, one does NOT wear black to funerals but WHITE. White is indeed associated with death in China. The color associated with weddings/marriages is NOT white but RED.

Thanks for the color explanation.

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

It's interesting that you use "white" to equate "death". In Chinese custom, one does NOT wear black to funerals but WHITE. White is indeed associated with death in China. The color associated with weddings/marriages is NOT white but RED.

Yes, I was aware of that! :)

Adding my 2 jiao worth... :huh: we watch Chinese TV all the time and I can tell you that every wedding I have seen but 1, the bride wore white... :unsure: I think the red dress wedding has become something of an antique except in the rural areas... ;)

Adding my 2 jiao worth... :huh: we watch Chinese TV all the time and I can tell you that every wedding I have seen but 1, the bride wore white... :unsure: I think the red dress wedding has become something of an antique except in the rural areas... ;)

Have ya ever noticed that women ussualy wear white at weddings and black at funerals but men wear the same color at both?? Somehow this seems to be an important observation-too me!

Yes, I was aware of that! :rolleyes:

Adding my 2 jiao worth... ;) we watch Chinese TV all the time and I can tell you that every wedding I have seen but 1, the bride wore white... :lol: I think the red dress wedding has become something of an antique except in the rural areas... :lol:

Have ya ever noticed that women ussualy wear white at weddings and black at funerals but men wear the same color at both?? Somehow this seems to be an important observation-too me!

:o

Adding my 2 jiao worth... :lol: we watch Chinese TV all the time and I can tell you that every wedding I have seen but 1, the bride wore white... :lol: I think the red dress wedding has become something of an antique except in the rural areas... :rolleyes:

True, but you're watching modern dramas which are trying to show China modernizing and becoming more westernized. As soon as China really becomes more wealthy, there will be a backlash against all things western and Chinese culture will be fashionable again. My bet is that Chinese weddings will eventually go back to favoring RED again vs WHITE. Just like in Japan, you'll see brides in western white bridal dresses, but you'll also see them wearing kimonos as well. Likewise with China. Once China commands the respect it thinks it deserves, it'll go back pushing Chinese culture, not adopting more western culture. My 2 cents.

Adding my 2 jiao worth... :lol: we watch Chinese TV all the time and I can tell you that every wedding I have seen but 1, the bride wore white... :lol: I think the red dress wedding has become something of an antique except in the rural areas... :rolleyes:

True, but you're watching modern dramas which are trying to show China modernizing and becoming more westernized. As soon as China really becomes more wealthy, there will be a backlash against all things western and Chinese culture will be fashionable again. My bet is that Chinese weddings will eventually go back to favoring RED again vs WHITE. Just like in Japan, you'll see brides in western white bridal dresses, but you'll also see them wearing kimonos as well. Likewise with China. Once China commands the respect it thinks it deserves, it'll go back pushing Chinese culture, not adopting more western culture. My 2 cents.

You may be completely correct and I for one hope so... :o But I have to add that I am not talking about just made for TV stuff...We watch a lot of Hunan TV because laopo is from there and they have a lot of true, human interest stuff and show many actual weddings and even had a program in which about 10 couples got married on the program...all in white

Thank you For that colorful explaination, I hope all in here never see White or Blue

Back to Topic:

I hope no one sees Blue or White, but both do happen.

Also, White can be overcome too. So it's not a permanant death; but does require more work and most likely an attorney's intervention. We've had member overcome White slips even after the application was sent back to The States.

You may be completely correct and I for one hope so... :) But I have to add that I am not talking about just made for TV stuff...We watch a lot of Hunan TV because laopo is from there and they have a lot of true, human interest stuff and show many actual weddings and even had a program in which about 10 couples got married on the program...all in white

I fully believe you. The younger generation currently is in a mode to fully embrace all things western. All photo shops doing wedding photos all have western white wedding dresses. So I understand what you're saying. The authentic Chinese color for wedding/marriage is red, but certainly white is in vogue now a days. No argument there.

You may be completely correct and I for one hope so... :king: But I have to add that I am not talking about just made for TV stuff...We watch a lot of Hunan TV because laopo is from there and they have a lot of true, human interest stuff and show many actual weddings and even had a program in which about 10 couples got married on the program...all in white

I fully believe you. The younger generation currently is in a mode to fully embrace all things western. All photo shops doing wedding photos all have western white wedding dresses. So I understand what you're saying. The authentic Chinese color for wedding/marriage is red, but certainly white is in vogue now a days. No argument there.

My wife and I were married in Zhanjiang China on 1/1/9/06 - for wedding photos she had many different dresses, 2 were red, one was a western style white dress and another was a blue traditional chinese dress. For the wedding party/dinner she wore a traditional red chinese dress. I have also attended 3 weddings in my wife's hometown of Zhanjiang and all the brides wore red - but I suppose it just all depends on the bride, family and how westernized the city is.

I personally liked the red as we are hoping for pink slip. It took a while for me to get used to the idea that a pink slip is good as opposed to getting laid off at work with a pink slip :P