No Veggie leftover

Charbroiled food and cancer.

When oxygen is metabolized or burned by the body, cells form byproducts called free radicals. Free radicals travel through the cell, disrupting the structure of other molecules and resulting in cellular damage. Such damage is believed to contribute to aging and various health problems,including cancer.

Antioxidants protect key cell components from damage by neutralizing the free radicals. Antioxidants that occur naturally in the body or are consumed through the diet may block most of the damage; however, over time, damaged cells can accumulate and lead to age-related diseases, researchers say.

Vegetables containing vitamins C and E, and beta carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, may reduce the risk of some forms of cancer, heart disease, strokes, cataracts, as well as slow the aging process.

The reason it is stated that burned food or charbroiled food causes cancer, is that the chared part of the food contains free-radicals.

Science class is now dismissed.

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)

We've been RAKKed!

Hmm, I'm a left over. :rolleyes:

Must be their beauty secret. Fresh Veggies 3 times a day. Meat spairingly. (sp) American raised Chinese don't look so fresh as the Chinese Chinese, IMHO. Just walk through your local Asian food market.

I am probably stepping on smeones toes with these comments.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

I asked my wife and I was surprised she said she would throw out the vegetables. :huh:

I was raised eating leftovers. I'm not very happy to hear that, but what can I do? I think she thinks it loses vitamins.

My wife said that leftover meat is fine but leftover veggies is bad. :(

Yeah, that's what my wife said :huh:

non-sense! Ever tried Chinese food in any Chinese restaurant, called Chop Soy? It came about in SF China town and Non-chinese comes in at 8 PM and wants dinner, The only thing were left over vegie to be discarded. The chef mixed in two eggs to cover up the fact it was left over and told the customer that it was Chop Soy (meaning literally, "stir fried left-over"). You can only see it in North America and it was never served to any Chinese customers. The other dish of the same origin is the "egg Fu Rong".

Repeated cooking and heating of vegetables (especially leafy vegetables) destroy all essential vitamins and nutrients. It's like you are eating food without any nutritional value. Chinese people like a great variety of fresh vegetables, which are hard to find here in the States.

I've heard of smoked food can be carcinogen, not grilled food.

When one is hungry, eating leftover is better than not eating. My cousin said he used to eat salt in China because there was no food (60's).

My wife said "dirt."

Repeated cooking and heating of vegetables (especially leafy vegetables) destroy all essential vitamins and nutrients. It's like you are eating food without any nutritional value. Chinese people like a great variety of fresh vegetables, which are hard to find here in the States.

I've heard of smoked food can be carcinogen, not grilled food.

When one is hungry, eating leftover is better than not eating. My cousin said he used to eat salt in China because there was no food (60's).

My wife said "dirt."

Sounds like Pearl Buck's "The Good Earth". The book was MUCH better than the film.

I saw that movie for the first time over the weekend on TCM channel.

The part with them battling the locusts was cool.

I have to find the book.

Thanks

I asked my wife and I was surprised she said she would throw out the vegetables. :huh:

I was raised eating leftovers. I'm not very happy to hear that, but what can I do? I think she thinks it loses vitamins.

My wife said that leftover meat is fine but leftover veggies is bad. :(

For current events this 'lil ditti fits nicely into this thread: [i've been dying to do this::]

"I'm strong to the finach, 'cause I eats me Spinach, I'm Popeye the sailor man!"...... (toot, toot!)

P.S._Look at my avatar!......... :P :P

I asked my wife and I was surprised she said she would throw out the vegetables. :roller:

My wife said that leftover meat is fine but leftover veggies is bad. :roller:

For current events this 'lil ditti fits nicely into this thread: [i've been dying to do this::]

"I'm strong to the finach, 'cause I eats me Spinach, I'm Popeye the sailor man!"...... (toot, toot!)

P.S._Look at my avatar!......... :roller: :roller:

My wife finaly said she may change when she comes to the US. We'll see.... I might be eating my veggies out of a can and hiding them :roller: