GZ hotel for Oct.

drive_75

For those of you that are going to GZ in Oct. 15-30, have you found any suitable hotel? Someone here recommend White Swan but their price is 5 times the normal price for this period? Any recommendation for any hotel near the GZ office that is reasonable? I'm just wonder if anyone of you that will be in GZ found anything else. Thanks.

For those of you that are going to GZ in Oct. 15-30, have you found any suitable hotel? Someone here recommend White Swan but their price is 5 times the normal price for this period? Any recommendation for any hotel near the GZ office that is reasonable? I'm just wonder if anyone of you that will be in GZ found anything else. Thanks.

Almost all the hotels which cater to the busines travalers will be significantly higher in price due to the fair whic is taking place in Oct in GZ. You're going to have to get ready for "non-reasonable" prices no matter where you go.

Almost all the hotels which cater to the busines travalers will be significantly higher in price due to the fair whic is taking place in Oct in GZ. You're going to have to get ready for "non-reasonable" prices no matter where you go.

Yeah I think you are right. I have decided to just go ahead and book the place that was listed on this site in the "GZ Info". I don't want to take a chance to wait too long. Even they have higer price but reasonaby higher only and not 5 times higher. Although the post said $200 RMB for this period, I just called them and they said $250 RMB. That's okay as it is still reasonable unlike White Swan which is almost $3800 RMB per night from it's usual price of $800 RMB.

Check out White Swan on Virtual Tourist. Someone was not happy from the review I read.

We have booked with the Yang's. Very nice people. The rate was 200 RMB up to Oct.13 for one bed, kitchen, and living room. From Oct. 14-31 350 RMB (during Trade Period ). We planned a week. Even at 350 RMB, excelent deal! SO said so. B)

Check out White Swan on Virtual Tourist. Someone was not happy from the review I read.

We have booked with the Yang's. Very nice people. The rate was 200 RMB up to Oct.13 for one bed, kitchen, and living room. From Oct. 14-31 350 RMB (during Trade Period ). We planned a week. Even at 350 RMB, excelent deal! SO said so. :o

I booked my stay at Angela and mr. Xie. I didn't know if that was different than Mr. Yang's until now. Anyway, the review here seems to be that Angela's place and Mr. Yang's place are both very nice and that they both are very helpful. I'm just hoping everything would go smoothly.

We have booked with the Yang's. Very nice people. The rate was 200 RMB up to Oct.13 for one bed, kitchen, and living room. From Oct. 14-31 350 RMB (during Trade Period ). We planned a week. Even at 350 RMB, excelent deal! SO said so. :lol:

I booked my stay at Angela and mr. Xie. I didn't know if that was different than Mr. Yang's until now. Anyway, the review here seems to be that Angela's place and Mr. Yang's place are both very nice and that they both are very helpful. I'm just hoping everything would go smoothly.

Yes, I also thought that they were the same also. :lol:

We spent all of last week with the Yang's. Very highly recommended. Both went out of their way to help us, came to visit at odd hours to see if we needed any assistance, and offered advice during the first gloomy days after the blue slip last Thursday.

They are: :ok:

I hope I will never see a blue slip :D Yeah SO wanted to stay in Mr. Yang but I blew it and booked at Mr. Xie instead.

Edited by drive_75 (see edit history)

Yeah I think you are right. I have decided to just go ahead and book the place that was listed on this site in the "GZ Info". I don't want to take a chance to wait too long. Even they have higer price but reasonaby higher only and not 5 times higher. Although the post said $200 RMB for this period, I just called them and they said $250 RMB. That's okay as it is still reasonable unlike White Swan which is almost $3800 RMB per night from it's usual price of $800 RMB.

White Swan is a very nice hotel but it's also the most expensive on Samian Island, even if there is no fair. Guangdong Victory Hotel is on the opposite side of Samian Island from the White Swan and it's every bit as nice. I don't know what their prices are during the fair but when I was there in July there daily rate was almost half what the White Swan charges. There's also the smaller Samian Hotel, just across from the White Swan. While it's not as super nice as the White Swan, it is very reasonable. The White Swan is right next door to what used to be the American Consulate in Guangzhou, but that location no longer does fiancee visa interviews. The American Consulate is across town from the White Swan Hotel Location on Samian Island (baby island).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi donahso, I have sent e-mail to both hotel owner twice this week and have yet to hear a response. The first e-mail was sent Monday, second was sent yesterday. I read so much good things about both of them here but my personal experience so far has been disapointing. If they don't have rooms available then they can just e-mail to let me know. Not one response from both of them.

There are two pinned topics in this forum. One is Mr. Xie and the other Mrs. Yang. Those are the hotel owners and they have contact info listed there.

Hi donahso, I have sent e-mail to both hotel owner twice this week and have yet to hear a response. The first e-mail was sent Monday, second was sent yesterday. I read so much good things about both of them here but my personal experience so far has been disapointing. If they don't have rooms available then they can just e-mail to let me know. Not one response from both of them.

There are two pinned topics in this forum. One is Mr. Xie and the other Mrs. Yang. Those are the hotel owners and they have contact info listed there.

Seems to me they are not very responsive either. I called Angie's place and booked the place but asked them to call my SO and they never did. I also PM'd them a few times but no response. Well, my SO decided to call Yang's place and booked it over the phone. I think your best bet is to call them or have your SO call to book the place.

Have your SO give either one of them a call, there are times they have problems with computers or don't see a PM.