Old I-864 or New I-864

The effective date for the new form is July 21.. with a 90 day grace period for the old form to be used.. until Oct 19.

The question is whether DOS is following the ruling as stated by USCIS :blink:

I would be inclined to use the newer form.

I'll ask GUZSpeaks...

OK, another stupid question - sorry! I have looked at the forms out on the USCIS website and all I can find is the 'old' I-864 (the one I just received in the mail yesterday says expires 09/30/06) which is in 4 days... where is the new I-864?

I looked in th FAQs, but didn't see it, so I apologize if it's right in front of my nose somewhere :offtopic:

OK, another stupid question - sorry! I have looked at the forms out on the USCIS website and all I can find is the 'old' I-864 (the one I just received in the mail yesterday says expires 09/30/06) which is in 4 days... where is the new I-864?

I looked in th FAQs, but didn't see it, so I apologize if it's right in front of my nose somewhere :rolleyes:

They will not suddenly stop accepting all I-864 forms October 19. They have been accepting older forms going back to 10/21/98 edition, don't worry about this. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I looked in th FAQs, but didn't see it, so I apologize if it's right in front of my nose somewhere :rolleyes:

They will not suddenly stop accepting all I-864 forms October 19. They have been accepting older forms going back to 10/21/98 edition, don't worry about this.

I hope you're right!! It's on it's way to them now, no turning back! :bangin:

I looked in th FAQs, but didn't see it, so I apologize if it's right in front of my nose somewhere :icecream:

They will not suddenly stop accepting all I-864 forms October 19. They have been accepting older forms going back to 10/21/98 edition, don't worry about this.

I hope you're right!! It's on it's way to them now, no turning back! :icecream:

There shouldn't be any problems. They're not such sticklers.

There was a similiar case one time with some other form, maybe the I-134, that people were concerned about.

Someone replied back and said the acency/consulate told them that they were just trying to use up all the present stock before using the revised forms.

That's efficiency for ya, eh?... :icecream: