another board

izus

Let her know she is welcome.

Maybe her username can be re-activated and put her where she was; #12.

I'm sure she'll see it. Everybody does a little "ghosting"!........:blink:

Just a suggestion. :o

...and if she does see this thread, here's a few words from me; "I like what you've done with your website, Kate! It's come a long ways! Great job!!!... :blink:

Oh, that was my post! I thought I was logged in at the time. DuH!... :huh:

Maybe I need to be "re-activated!"................. :lol:

Anything is possible. She did have a wicked sense of humor.

Well,,, if enight doesn't come back to say hello,,,,,can I have her #12??? :P :abduct:

http://richardphillips.org.uk/number/v12.jpg

In numeral systems

١٢ Arabic ԺԲ Armenian

¦É¦Â´ Greek (Ionian) ¦¤¦©¦© Greek (Attic)

יב Hebrew

Egyptian

१२ Indian (Devan¨¡gar¨©) Ê®¶þ Chinese character

௧௨ Tamil ¢ü Roman and Etruscan

๑๒ Thai IIX Chuvash

In science

The atomic number of magnesium

There are twelve cranial nerves

The duodenum (from Latin duodecim, twelve) is the first part of the intestine that is about twelve inches long.

Force 12 on the Beaufort wind force scale corresponds to the minimum wind speed of a hurricane.

Astronomy

Messier object M12, a magnitude 8.0 globular cluster in the constellation Ophiuchus

The New General Catalogue object NGC 12, a magnitude 13.1 spiral galaxy in the constellation Pisces

The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -2680 August 8 and ended on -1129 February 25. The duration of Saros series 12 was 1550.5 years, and it contained 87 solar eclipses.

The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -2360 May 28 and ended on -1062 July 17. The duration of Saros series 12 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.

The 12th moon of Jupiter is Lysithea.

In religion

The biblical Jacob had 12 sons, who were the progenitors of the Twelve Tribes of Israel

In traditional Jewish practice, a girl becomes a bat mitzvah on her twelfth birthday

The New Testament describes twelve apostles of Jesus

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there is a Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

The Book of Revelation 12:1 mentions a woman ¡ª usually interpreted as Virgin Mary ¡ª wearing a crown of twelve stars

In Shi'a Islam, there are twelve Imams. These twelve early leaders of Islam are¡ªAli, Hasan, Husayn, and nine of Husayn's descendants

There are 12 days of Christmas. The song Twelve Days of Christmas came from the traditional practice of extending Yuletide celebrations over the twelve days from Christmas day to the eve of Epiphany; the period of thirteen days including Epiphany is sometimes known as Christmastide

Twelfth Night is another name for the 12th day of Christmas or January 5 (the eve of Epiphany)

There are 12,000 people sealed from each of the twelve tribes of Judah in the Book of Revelation prophecies

Eastern Orthodoxy observes 12 Great Feasts

In Ancient Greek religion, the Twelve Olympians were the principal gods of the pantheon

In time

There are twelve months in a year.

The Western zodiac has twelve signs, as does the Chinese zodiac.

The Chinese use a 12 year cycle for time-reckoning called Earthly Branches.

There are twenty-four hours in a day in all, with twelve hours for a half a day. The hours are numbered from one to twelve for both the ante meridiem (a.m.) half of the day and the post meridiem (p.m.) half of the day. 12:00 after a.m. and before p.m. (in the middle of the day) is noon, and 12:00 after p.m. and before a.m. (in the middle of the night) is midnight. A new day is considered to start with the stroke of midnight. Furthermore, the basic units of time (60 seconds, 60 minutes, 24 hours) can all perfectly divide by twelve.

The minute hand of a clock face turns twelve times as fast as the hour hand.

In sports

In rugby union one of the centres, most often but not always the inside centre, wears the 12 shirt.

The jersey number of American football quarterback Roger Staubach and hockey player Sid Abel.

In football the number 12 a reference to the fans because of the support they give to the 11 players on the field. Bayern Munich, for example, does not allow field players to wear the number 12 on their jersey because it is reserved for their supporters.

In technology

ASCII and Unicode code point for form feed.

The number of function keys on most PC keyboards (F1 through F12)

The number of dialling keys in any standard digital telephone (1 through 9, 0, * and #)

Microsoft's Rich Text Format specification assigns numbers congruent to 12 mod 256 to variants of the French language.

In the arts

Film

Movies with the number twelve or its variations in their titles include

The Dirty Dozen

12 Monkeys

Ocean's Twelve

Twelve Chairs

12 Angry Men

Cheaper by the Dozen

Theatre

'Twelfth Night is a comedy by William Shakespeare

Music

Twelve is the number of pitch classes in an octave, not counting the duplicated (octave) pitch. Also, the total number of major keys, (not counting enharmonic equivalents) and the total number of minor keys (also not counting equivalents). This applies only to twelve tone equal temperament, the most common tuning used today in western influenced music.

The twelfth is the interval of an octave and a fifth. Instruments such as the clarinet which behave as a stopped cylindrical pipe overblow at the twelfth.

The twelve-tone technique (also dodecaphony) is a method of musical composition devised by Arnold Schoenberg. Music using the technique is called twelve-tone music.

Twelfth Night is a progressive rock band

Games

Twelve is a character in the Street Fighter video game

The roman form of 12 (XII) is used as the symbol of the organisation MJ12 in the Deus Ex computer game.

In other fields

There are 12 ounces in a troy pound (used for precious metals), and 12 constellations in the ecliptic (or signs of the zodiac).

In the former British currency system, there were twelve pence in a shilling.

In astrology, Pisces is the 12th sign of the Zodiac.

In Greek mythology, the number of labours of Heracles (Hercules).

The number of dan (master) grades in judo.

In English, twelve is the number of greatest magnitude that has just one syllable.

There are normally twelve pairs of ribs in the human body.

Twelve stars are featured on the European flag.

In the United States, twelve people are appointed to sit on a jury for felony trials in all but four states, and in federal and D.C. courts. The number of jurors in the movie gave the title to the film 12 Angry Men.

Twelve men have walked on the Earth's moon.

The United States of America is divided into twelve Federal Reserve Districts (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Richmond, Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas, and San Francisco); American paper currency has serial numbers beginning with one of twelve different letters, A through L, representing the Federal Reserve Bank from which the currency originated.

In tarot, card no. 12 is "the Hanged Man"

Historical years

12 A.D., 12 B.C., 1912, 2012, etc.

Pinball # 12

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

thank you guys and girls... I am really touched by your sweet words...

as time goes by... I learned a little bit lesson... I was too pushy... too straight forward... and I believed to do anything I can to get to the point or force the others to accept my opinions.

but life isn't just black and white... I have learned the most important thing in life is to enjoy the life and not to make myself to be the only God.

there is a thin line between the devil and angel ... I bet I am the angel right now.. haha..

I started fromChinatoUSA forum (thanks to my wonderful husband Alan, he always be there to support me) because I want to make a private area for Chinese women who married over, treat each other friendly, make friends online and in real life as well. She is a young and healthy forum, every member in the forum has made her/his great efforts to help the forum and making friends to each other...So far... so good... just like the Candleforlove which provides a great place for men married to Chinese women... two different worlds... are severving the same purpose.... make the life easier and happier for all...

.... will talk to you guys later... sleepy and dizzy here... it's not an easy job to maintaine a site... not always fun..hehe...

PS: our site isn't Wow Pictures... it is "WowPicture.com" ... no "s"... s is another site... sorry.. I should bought that site, wasn't smart enough, hehe..

welcome to stop by on Alan and I's personal photo blog... which is

http://www.wowpicture.com/blogs/index.php

hugs and kisses.... to ya'll all .. :threeques:

Kate

because I want to make a private area for Chinese women who married over, treat each other friendly, make friends online and in real life as well. She is a young and healthy forum, every member in the forum has made her/his great efforts to help the forum and making friends to each other...So far... so good... just like the Candleforlove which provides a great place for men married to Chinese women... two different worlds... are severving the same purpose.... make the life easier and happier for all...

and this is exactly what my SO said

"a very friendly board"

thanks

Kate :threeques:

I could invite her if you all missed her. :D

From China to US is a good forum for new immigrants.

Great place to kill time. :D

Yes, it is a great forum for new immigrants.

My wife is a member. She got a lot of very good information about how to take care of our baby. She really needed something like this board. She had no clue what to do or not to do with our son. They really do things different in China. The whole family gets involved. So she never really had to take care of first son by herself. So it was a real big eye opener. She used this board to gather information.

Great Site Kate !!

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)