P4 delivered!!!!

We received the P4 on September 15, 2006! The P3 info had been placed in the Guz computer on May 19, 2006, this means it took a fuzz less than three months from P3 to P4! Guangzhou had emailed me that the P4 was sent out on August 6, but they were mistaken. The DOS told me over the phone it was sent on September 6th. That coincides with what most people on CFL are saying: It takes 7-9 days from the consulate to Nanning to receive the P4.

We received the P4 on September 15, 2006! The P3 info had been placed in the Guz computer on May 19, 2006, this means it took a fuzz less than three months from P3 to P4! Guangzhou had emailed me that the P4 was sent out on August 6, but they were mistaken. The DOS told me over the phone it was sent on September 6th. That coincides with what most people on CFL are saying: It takes 7-9 days from the consulate to Nanning to receive the P4.

That's Fast Tracking!

That's Fast Tracking!

Three months would be fast track for P3 to P4 for a CR1 but for a K visa very slow. I don't see a timeline from the OP but for many K visas, June P3's login dates like ours have SO's in the US already. Is this a K or CR1?

That's Fast Tracking!

Three months would be fast track for P3 to P4 for a CR1 but for a K visa very slow. I don't see a timeline from the OP but for many K visas, June P3's login dates like ours have SO's in the US already. Is this a K or CR1?

He is K1.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ic=19749&hl

That's Fast Tracking!

He is K1.

Thank you. This is important. Recent developments like with Michael and Manyun would tend to indicate that such a delay may have been because of some issue that prompted a further name check. If I were in Bill's shoes, I would call DOS and get as many details as possible about every step their case went through from P3 out onward. If there was an additional name check, they won't likely tell you why but you can start wracking each other's brain for the possible why. Is it just a common name like Li Li or could it be some other detail, disclosed or yet undisclosed?

I hate the idea of paranoia, but there IS SOME REASON why you waited for three months instead of less than one from P3 login to P4 out like most of the rest of the May P3's for K visas did. Many May P3's for K visas had interviews in August and P4s in June.

That's Fast Tracking!

Hi, Mike! It is a K1. Also, I meant to say a fuzz less than four months!

That's Fast Tracking!

Mike: I think our P3 to P4 process of almost four months was because my SO's son was still listed on the case. GUZ was waiting for his paperwork. Once I found this out from DOS, I wrote a notarized letter removing her son from the case. The facts are that his father won't release him (son is 11 yrs old), so we'll have to petition for him when he becomes 16 years old. GUZ received my notarized letter on August 16, 2006 and sent the P4 out 21 days later. That should account for the delay (probably of two months!).

He is K1.

Thank you. This is important. Recent developments like with Michael and Manyun would tend to indicate that such a delay may have been because of some issue that prompted a further name check. If I were in Bill's shoes, I would call DOS and get as many details as possible about every step their case went through from P3 out onward. If there was an additional name check, they won't likely tell you why but you can start wracking each other's brain for the possible why. Is it just a common name like Li Li or could it be some other detail, disclosed or yet undisclosed?

I hate the idea of paranoia, but there IS SOME REASON why you waited for three months instead of less than one from P3 login to P4 out like most of the rest of the May P3's for K visas did. Many May P3's for K visas had interviews in August and P4s in June.

That's Fast Tracking!

I just put this thread together with your other one that indicates 11 months from NOA1 to NOA2. I hope you know the reason for the long delay. You have probably been in at least 3 separate name check hells. There IS a reason, so your SO WILL want to be prepared to deal with questions at interview about whatever this reason might be.

That's Fast Tracking!

I just put this thread together with your other one that indicates 11 months from NOA1 to NOA2. I hope you know the reason for the long delay. You have probably been in at least 3 separate name check hells. There IS a reason, so your SO WILL want to be prepared to deal with questions at interview about whatever this reason might be.

During the wait for the NOA2 and after having written a letter to the USCIS, I received a status report from the USCIS stating that additional processing had to be done on my case and that I could expect up to a six month delay. They were not specific about the additional processing needed on my case! I thought and still think it's because I had been married four times prior. ???

During the wait for the NOA2 and after having written a letter to the USCIS, I received a status report from the USCIS stating that additional processing had to be done on my case and that I could expect up to a six month delay. They were not specific about the additional processing needed on my case! I thought and still think it's because I had been married four times prior. ???

That may or may not bode well with GUZ... I'd prepare my SO for some extra questions if I were you... and then some...

That may or may not bode well with GUZ... I'd prepare my SO for some extra questions if I were you... and then some...

Yes, and as unpleasant as it may sound, you might want to be absolutely sure of everything of relevance in your SO's past. There is no way to be sure yours was the only reason for the ALL THREE delays or even any of them. Many times the later issues pertain to the Chinese SO. Look closely at any divorce dates and whether any former Chinese spouse or your SO has a very common name. Do the best you can to be sure you are prepared for any humanly identifiable red flag.

Remember, one recent significant problem was as simple as the USC's first visit was prior to the Chinese SO's divorce being final. The USC didn't actually KNOW that was the case, even though the official paperwork indicated that it was.