question about name change

Hi,

when we applied for the marriage license, I (Chinese) used my maiden name on the form (at that time, we didn't know that this would be my married name on the marriage certificate). Now we want to change my last name to my hubby's. Does any one have a clue how to do this? (My AOS is still under process.)

Thanks a lot.

Since you already started AOS, it shoulds like you can change it at the interview... but may not be able to move the maiden name into a middle name for the greencard. You might want to wait to see how this truly works out, and then start changing it in the other applicable places later.

Filing for AOS, but confused about wife's last name

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12408

My wife also kept her family name when we got married. We changed it at the AOS interview when "they" asked, during the interview, 'what name do you want?' We asked for her first, her last as middle and my last as last.

The name was changed in the DOS files and came that way on the green card. After we got the g/c we changed the D/L and the Soc Sec card.

Be careful. Not all AOS interviewers have asked this name question.

We did not attempt to change the names on the marriage certificate. It does not seem relevant. Neither Soc Sec nor the State (for change of D/L) required it. Anyway, last time I looked at the marriage certificate I did not see any place for her last, my last or whose last name? Maybe some states are different. Check with the clerk where you got the married papers.

I do not plan to change it.

that's a good way to do it on GC interview. but here i have another question. if i could successfully change my name on the GC, do i still need to change my name on the marriage certificate? thanks!

Many marriage certificates only list your name prior to your marrage and leave the name you choose to use after marriage up to you.