SSN card received

Guest bbridges51

Our experience has not be as nice.

Mia arrived her on March 8th and on the 11th we went down to the SS office to apply for a card. After completing the paperwork, we were told that SF (she entered from SFO) hadn't entered her name into the system yet.

Two weeks later, Mia visited the office again, and again was told that SF has yet to enter her name, so SS is unable to process her paperwork.

Bah humbug. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Brian

Our experience has not be as nice.

Mia arrived her on March 8th and on the 11th we went down to the SS office to apply for a card. After completing the paperwork, we were told that SF (she entered from SFO) hadn't entered her name into the system yet.

Two weeks later, Mia visited the office again, and again was told that SF has yet to enter her name, so SS is unable to process her paperwork.

Bah humbug. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Brian

Stop complaining ! :lol: :D

She's here, ain't she ? :lol:

Guest bbridges51

And it's the best thing that's happened. Nearly a year from Noa1 to here, but it all seems like water under the bridge. She's with me now and it seems like she always was.

Brian

I have the same experience with you! We first went to a ssa on Mar 5, nothing. So I went there again today, they now told us that they were not able to process our SSN until we get them I-688B or I-766 from INS. What I can say?

you mean I-765 right?

No, they told me it's I-766. I told the clerk that I have never heard of this form, she told me to find out from INS.

I have the same experience with you! We first went to a ssa on Mar 5, nothing. So I went there again today, they now told us that they were not able to process our SSN until we get them I-688B or I-766 from INS. What I can say?

you mean I-765 right?

No, they told me it's I-766. I told the clerk that I have never heard of this form, she told me to find out from INS.

I-766 is the actual EAD CARD ( not the I-765 application ).

I-766 replaced I-688B .(old card) some years ago

So, what SS wanted to see is the actual work card. But they still can issue a SSN number with the notation " Valid for work only with immigration permission ".

When you get the I-766, then they can amend the SS card, this time, with no notation on it.

Yuhui currently has a card with the notation. Once the I-765 is approved, we will have it amended.

Having read the content of this thread, it seems that the process for the SS Card is uneven. Some places fast and easy, some places slow and difficult. Reminds me of the various INS Service Centers that we all dealt with early in the process. Nebraska and Texas slow, Vermont fast. Now on this end we face similar difficulties or blessings, depending on where we are. :rolleyes: :unsure:

I called 800-772-1213 last Monday and was told that my name wasn't in their system yet. I called again just now and the representative told me that my name was in their system now but no SSN assigned yet. She also said that usually it would take 2 weeks to get the card after you filed, but If they couldn't find your information on line, they had to handle your filing documents to INS to ask them to find the information, and that would take up to 2 months. She asked me to call again if I didn't get my card by May 10th(I filed on Mar. 10th). I certainly hope I don't need to call them again.

B) :angry: :angry: :( :( :( oh, well, I know finally I'll :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q&Q

I called 800-772-1213 last Monday and was told that my name wasn't in their system yet. I called again just now and the representative told me that my name was in their system now but no SSN assigned yet. She also said that usually it would take 2 weeks to get the card after you filed, but If they couldn't find your information on line, they had to handle your filing documents to INS to ask them to find the information, and that would take up to 2 months. She asked me to call again if I didn't get my card by May 10th(I filed on Mar. 10th). I certainly hope I don't need to call them again.

;)  :D  :lol:  :P  :(  :( oh, well, I know finally I'll  :D  :D   :D  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Q&Q

" and that would take up to 2 months"

It does not. We were told that too. She got her card 2 weeks after filing. ;)

Guest bbridges51

all right, this is unfair. Mia and Yuhui both came in through SFO. Mia arrived on 3/8 and filed for her ssn on 3/11. yet, they've not assigned her number because her brown envelop hasn't been entered into the system.

hum bug.

Brian

all right, this is unfair. Mia and Yuhui both came in through SFO. Mia arrived on 3/8 and filed for her ssn on 3/11. yet, they've not assigned her number because her brown envelop hasn't been entered into the system.

hum bug.

Brian

:angry:

You got the visa before us though.... ;)

So it IS fair :unsure: