How many like me?

Sorry Charles, I can't say I LIKE you.

My wife would get jealous and plus I'm not

a member of the BrokeBack Mountian Club.

But I would go out on limb and say your OK....

I guess!?!

LOL.... J/K

tighten your seat belt and enjoy the ride to see the

OZ in GZ.

CR1

I hope we will have interview before the end of the year

or before I lose the rest of my hair.

Bobby/Emma

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk

Maybe most people know this already, but for CR-1s there were some shortcuts in the NVC process that a lot of people on visajourney.com used to use. I don't know if they still do. They saved some people quite a bit of time.

Please enlighten us.

Please bookmark and study. I've posted this link two or three times in the last month for other CR1 filers.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Sorry Charles, I can't say I LIKE you.

My wife would get jealous and plus I'm not

a member of the BrokeBack Mountian Club.

But I would go out on limb and say your OK....

I guess!?!

LOL.... J/K

tighten your seat belt and enjoy the ride to see the

OZ in GZ.

CR1

I hope we will have interview before the end of the year

or before I lose the rest of my hair.

Bobby/Emma

Thanks Bob, I'm not in the BB club either. I hope you get the interview this year also.

Maybe most people know this already, but for CR-1s there were some shortcuts in the NVC process that a lot of people on visajourney.com used to use. I don't know if they still do. They saved some people quite a bit of time.

Please enlighten us.

Please bookmark and study. I've posted this link two or three times in the last month for other CR1 filers.

Thanks Mike. Bookmarked and printed.

I used the visa journey shortcut to shorten the process druing NVC, it works.

this is the link

and please read my signature for your reference.

Any question about it please ask, I will tell as detail as I can, or you can ask there at visajourney.

Did you use the basic shortcuts (fill out forms early, sent to USC.. seems common sense) or Jame's shortcut?

I'm hesitant to put the shortcuts link in the FAQ since it also has Jame's writeup and any mis-step can delay the case (skip or wrongly generate the correct bar code).

this is the link

Any question about it please ask, I will tell as detail as I can, or you can ask there at visajourney.

Did you use the basic shortcuts (fill out forms early, sent to USC.. seems common sense) or Jame's shortcut?

I'm hesitant to put the shortcuts link in the FAQ since it also has Jame's writeup and any mis-step can delay the case (skip or wrongly generate the correct bar code).

Nothing much I can do now. I'm in the process of filling out the to send to my wife DS-230 so she can send back to me before it is needed and I will get prepared to do the DS-3032 so she can email the information. Am I missing anything that anyone can think of... I still have to read the entire 17 page of the link...

Please enlighten us.

Hi, I am CR1 without K3, last year same time we start fill in those forms and collect all stuff for it.

this is the link

Did you use Jamie's Shortcut? Has anyone?

I used only the CR1 path, and while we haven't gotten our visa yet our interview is scheduled for October 30th. I used a lawyer because I had legal insurance and coming from a family of conscientious attorneys and being somewhat daunted by the process I thought I would take advantage both of my insurance and what I thought would be a lawyer's familarity with the process. I consulted a lawyer when my wife and I decided to marry. He advised me to simply go to China and marry the woman I had fallen in love with. After my return I immediately met with him again to file and it became clear that he didn't know anything. I then decided to use a chinese lawyer since there is a large chinese community in the San Francisco Bay area where I live, thinking that she would know the process. While I had done a lot of research on the internet I didn't become aware of CFL until quite far along in our application, which I really regret. My lawyer was a big disappointment, she didn't do more than the bare minimum, and I had to correct forms that she completed. She also discouraged me from filing for a K3, which had been my original intention. In retrospect, I would advise anyone who has a straight forward case to file on their own using the resources available at CFL, Visa Journey, and the advice of the many helpful people on this site. But to get to the meat of your question you can see from my time line that it took us about 16 1/2 months from the NVC receiving our I-130 to getting an interview. In retrospect I think there were things I definitely could have done that might have made the case move faster, and I was astonished when we got the notice that our interview would happen at the end of this October. I'm assuming we'll pass, my wife speaks excellent english, we have two years of daily emails, and IM writing, and a ton of cards, letters, pictures from my two month long stays with her. She also has exchanged emails and cards with my family. But I'm sure you're aware from all the different stories exchanged by the members on this site every case seems to be unique and follow it's own particular time frame. Best of luck to you, follow the advice of the experienced and helpful people here, and stay away from lawyer's is what I'd advise.

Actually... when I responded to mama bear, I was asking them what shortcuts they used... :D

Did you use Jamie's Shortcut? Has anyone?

I used Jame's shortcuts except DS-3032, e-mailed NVC to choose my agent by "aussiewench's".

I selfgenerated all barcodes for the rest forms and NVC process goes smothly without any delay or RFE.

It saves time on the way from NVC to your SO.

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)

Does anyone know which is best from this quote from James shortcut??? does she need to fill out part II???

(Generally, your spouse will only need to fill out and sign part I because he or she will be sent part II by the embassy when the interview appointment is given. However, if your spouse is from Canada, the Philippines, China, an African country, or two or three other countries for which NVC arranges the interview, your spouse may have to fill out -- but not sign -- part II. This DS-230 shortcut is primarily designed for those who only have to send in a DS-230 Part I. You should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what is required.)

Does anyone know which is best from this quote from James shortcut??? does she need to fill out part II???

(Generally, your spouse will only need to fill out and sign part I because he or she will be sent part II by the embassy when the interview appointment is given. However, if your spouse is from Canada, the Philippines, China, an African country, or two or three other countries for which NVC arranges the interview, your spouse may have to fill out -- but not sign -- part II. This DS-230 shortcut is primarily designed for those who only have to send in a DS-230 Part I. You should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what is required.)

Remember, Js shortcuts are for a CR1 through NVC.

When going through NVC as a CR1, you [the agent] will receive the DS-230 as part of what is sometimes referred to as P3 (along with the I-864)... This P3 is only similar in name to the K#s but occurs at NVC instead of coming from GUZ... just to clarify for any K#s reading.

DS-230 part I is returned to NVC; Part II is turned in at the interview. If you look at it, you'll see that Part II is a 'sworn statement', so that's why the comment said it can be filled in "but not sign". She'll sign this at the consulates.

You should look over the VJ NVC flowchart and the 001 flow chart for CR1 when reading the shortcuts.. it will help.