Final pieces to the puzzle

Nine months after arriving from China, our 12 year old son received notification today of green card approval. Our 18 year old daughter who arrived on the same date did not receive any letter indicating the same. Just wondering if she will need an interview for the approval based on her age? Or is the letter just a little late in delivery. Any way all the visa stuff is coming to a conclusion. K-1, K-2, AOS, Green Card, etc... It has been a long and involved journey. It has been 3 years since I first crossed paths with my wife. So much has happened in that period of time. Having a wife and 2 children has really changed my life in so many positive ways.

Best wishes to all!

Ken

We submitted three AOS applications at the same time. The biometrics were done together, but only Jingwen and her daughter received their green cards at the same time (no interview). My step son did not get a welcome letter but about a month or so later, he got another biometrics letter, so we went for a second set. I guess that was what held him up. He eventually received his green card - also without interview.

Both KK and Minghao were over 18, so it wasn't a question of security checks. In your case, it might be that the required check for your 18 year old is what's causing the difference in processing. Assuming mom has already received her green card, it would not make much sense for a K-2 to have to go to an interview, but then again, not a whole lot makes sense in this immigration maze. :unsure:

It is a good possibility that the post delivered one before the other. My wife has a friend who went through the latter part of the process together - and their mail was always a few days apart. But you never know - they may take a lot longer to process the other. Since you mentioned the possibility of the mail being late - I wanted to tell you we have seen this in our cases (wifes and friends).

Scott

It is a good possibility that the post delivered one before the other. My wife has a friend who went through the latter part of the process together - and their mail was always a few days apart. But you never know - they may take a lot longer to process the other. Since you mentioned the possibility of the mail being late - I wanted to tell you we have seen this in our cases (wifes and friends).

Scott

Scott:

You were right on the money. In today's mail was the letter indicating green card approval for our daughter. As an extra added bonus there were additional letters with the actual green cards enclosed for both son and daughter.

So we have reason to celebrate in our family. Everything we sought out to accomplish over the past two half years regarding K-1, K-2 visas and AOS is now complete. It is very gratifying to me personally because it took so much of my time and effort, and yes money. It was like putting a big puzzle together.

Time to relax, enjoy, and continue moving forward!

Ken