AOS (Form I-485)

I filed the required AOS papers for my wife in June (forms I-485 and I-765). The only processing times I see listed at the National Benefit Center is for the I-765, which also adds "based on a pending I-485 adjustment application." Is the processing time for the I-485 listed separately someplace else?

I filed the required AOS papers for my wife in June (forms I-485 and I-765). The only processing times I see listed at the National Benefit Center is for the I-765, which also adds "based on a pending I-485 adjustment application." Is the processing time for the I-485 listed separately someplace else?

The I-485 processing dates are listed based on the USCIS District office for your location. We live in the Kansas City area and the actual processing time is about 6 months compared to a few where people have seen 2 years pass from the initial filing.

The only advantage received by those who must wait 2 years for the AOS processing is that they EARN a 10 year green card instead of a 2 year conditional card, but that is the ONLY up side to the longer locations.