Trip to GZ interview

tac

I hope this may help those who will go with thier SO to the interview.Here is my side.

We arrived at GZ airport from Shanghai the day before the interview. Medical,papers and arrangment to stay at Mr Yangs were allready done. Nice flight to GZ we left plane and at 1:00 took #6 bus(cost 20 rmb each) nice new clean and air conditioned bus. The bus took 1hr and we got off at Tianhe building. Mr Yangs associate met us there and we took taxi to his office(14rmb). There were some other women there and as we talked my wife realized she knew them from 001 (all of a sudden it was like Old Home Days) We waited around a bit and then we were brought to our room. We got unpacked and went to eat ect. The room was right downtown convienent to eveything and the consulate.

Next morning the alarm went off at 6:00. I had been up since 4:30. At 7:00 my wife and daughter are eating with no apparent concerns. I am paceing the floor. At 7:20 we take the elevator to the street and walk around the corner to the consulate entrance. There are people in line maybe 150 to 200 total (see picture) At 7:40 They start checking IDs and letting people in.(they give you a purple card) I waited in line with my wife and daughter and about 8:15 we are let in to The first floor. We head up to the 4th floor. This is where they line up again and US consulate personal take the purple card ,check papers and admitted my wife and daughter (8:30)to the 5th floor for interview.The coffee shop (see pics) is right next to the line. I bought an Iced Mocha coffee and found a soft chair.(I should have brought a book to read) It seemed that as early as 9:50 some people are coming down from 5th floor.Over the next three hours I see people coming back from interviews. Some very happy(red slip) and some unhappy and confused (blue slips) It is 11:45, I am sweating bullets, No wife and daughter yet. The coffee shop is almost cleared out of people. 12:05 they come down and I can not read her face. I said red or blue ? She says give me 20 RMB and tells me she will be right back. Again I ask "Hui did we pass" She looks at me with a smile and says "of course"as though it was a given. She needed the money for daughters fee. I THEN TOOK A VERY DEEP BREATH AND THANKED GOD. Two days later we went to GZ post office took a number, waited for it to be called,went to the counter,picked up EMS packages with their papers and passports inside. Checked them out . All ok. Another deep breath and sigh of relief. Back to Shanghai and then our trip to home to Maine.

Todd

tn_gallery_2362_189_150728.jpg

tn_gallery_2362_189_158933.jpg

Edited by tac (see edit history)

Well that's very odd. Where are the obligatory congrats that normally follow from such a post? Very strange.

Tac, I'll have to represent the forum.

CONGRATS on your wife and child passing the interview!

Have a happy life in Maine!

Best wishes!

We took a poll and decided to ignore that tac was in GZ for the interview. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...f=1&t=19983 :huh:

Well that's very odd. Where are the obligatory congrats that normally follow from such a post? Very strange.

Best wishes!

We took a poll and decided to ignore that tac was in GZ for the interview. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...f=1&t=19983 :D

Haha.. ok, now that link is better. It was surreal to see a lone msg with no followup CONGRATS msgs. I normally don't chime in with a CONGRATS msg, but felt really sorry for the lone msg. So I chimed in this time. But seeing that thread, no need from me then. He's got enough congrats from fellow members. :huh:

Best wishes!

We took a poll and decided to ignore that tac was in GZ for the interview. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...f=1&t=19983 :D

Haha.. ok, now that link is better. It was surreal to see a lone msg with no followup CONGRATS msgs. I normally don't chime in with a CONGRATS msg, but felt really sorry for the lone msg. So I chimed in this time. But seeing that thread, no need from me then. He's got enough congrats from fellow members. :D

Always a need to chime in when GZ is no longer standing in the way.

Now comes the hard part SUGGESTING what we should pack to bring back to Maine. :cheering:

Definitely, don't forget Hui and her daughter... :cheering:

Everything else is optional.

-James and Loving Candle