Predictions please

Guest pushbrk
Please look at my timeline and tell me when you think my SO will get her interview. 

Thanks

240506[/snapback]

The interview is likely to be just after the Consulate reopens following Spring Festival. It's very difficult to predict these things now because of the IMBRA related backlogs. It would be a long shot but you could possibly slip in just before Christmas.

Guest pushbrk
Please look at my timeline and tell me when you think my SO will get her interview. 

Thanks

240506[/snapback]

This should only be taken as a wild guess: earliest date-March, 2007... latest date-May, 2007.

240512[/snapback]

For a CR1, I'd make that same prediction. The OP is K1 though. B)

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Thanks

240506[/snapback]

This should only be taken as a wild guess: earliest date-March, 2007... latest date-May, 2007.

240512[/snapback]

For a CR1, I'd make that same prediction. The OP is K1 though. B)

240513[/snapback]

There are sooo many variables in this process that's why my "early" date is what it is. The "latest" date, as you know, could be many months away from what I gave (Admin Review, Namecheck Hell, etc...) those things are predictably, unpredictable.

Set the expectations on a near worse case and accept all the pleasant surprises that come your way.

P.S. Keep the house clean. :D

Thanks

240506[/snapback]

240512[/snapback]

For a CR1, I'd make that same prediction. The OP is K1 though. :)

240513[/snapback]

There are sooo many variables in this process that's why my "early" date is what it is. The "latest" date, as you know, could be many months away from what I gave (Admin Review, Namecheck Hell, etc...) those things are predictably, unpredictable.

Set the expectations on a near worse case and accept all the pleasant surprises that come your way.

P.S. Keep the house clean. ;)

240515[/snapback]

I say you're close considering Mike was stuck at NVC waiting on the IMBRA decission and got set to GZ in May to get an Oct 30 interview.

BTW he got confirmation on the date and his SO was so unhappy she started singing and then had every member of the family on the phone with him. :lol:

Guest pushbrk
January 15, 2007

240569[/snapback]

January 15, 2007

240569[/snapback]

This is exactly the date I first landed on. It's probably useful to discuss these things but we really don't know how the IMBRA surge will impact time lines. My on K visa was just less than 4 months, NVC out to interview. That would put Juette in December. However, that was the surprisingly fast part of my process. Other fast movers in that phase took 3 to 6 weeks longer. That lands us smack in the Middle of January.

The complication is holidays. The consulate doesn't conduct interviews during nearly half of December causing an excess of eligible interviews in January. Interviews are then further delayed by their Spring Festival holiday break. That's why my "most likely" landed AFTER Spring Festival and the long shot is before Christmas. In August we clearly saw that cases becoming eligible for interview on the same day ended up with interview dates spread throughout August. It would seem that picking a month is about as pinpoint as one can get these days.

I did not consider potential case related delays. It will be fun (I hope) to observe how this all plays out for our post IMBRA K visa seeking members.

I was thinking mid-January as well, but I'm hoping that PushBrk's prediction is the correct one.  :(  Thank you all for your comments.

240581[/snapback]

I really think Earliest March latest June. Don't plan for January your going to torcher yourself every single second that passes your personal expected interview date. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. I was K1 also. Good luck