Do I need a employment letter?

It is a good idea to have that letter in your possesion. Just in case they request to see evidence that he is working. I sent some documents to Nanning using US Postal Service Global Guarantee delivery in 10 days or you get your money back. It took 14 days to arrive. Can you fax an employment letter???.....absolutely. :roller:

Good Luck on your soon to be appointment!!! :blink:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

The reason for any financial document(s) is to satisfy to the VO that the chinese beneficiary will not become a public charge... and the USC has a few ways of accomplishing this; by themself or with a joint-sponsor.

The typical ways to do this are:

1) I-134 (notarized)

2) Taxes (W2s, etc)

3) Employment letter

4) Bank statements (showing direct deposit salary deposits)

I will say that any ONE of these often is enough to satisfy the VO that the USCs income appears to be 'full-time, permanent and consistent' , there it is sustainable (goes into the future at same rate or reasonably assume it will become more, not less if same job is retained).

The first three items in the list are the most commonly asked for, in almost equal request; the bank statements are not often asked for, but this would suffice if clearly shows the income. The combination of two items or more is improving the situation, particularly since the I-134 is just a statement of how much he makes, the others are truly documentary proof of the income level.

Finally I will say that experience shows that the VOs have asked specfically for one in the list and the chinese beneficiary has given a different one.. and the VO accepted it. It will only be an issue if they insist on seeing one specific one and you just don't have (but my belief is that if you had a combination of two of the others, your probably ok).

Guest ShaQuaNew
I heared the peoples need employment letter for interview? Is that right? I do have that one becasue my fiance didnt send me, And I saw on the required documents (Letter to K1/K2 appliant) do not ask for that. So I am not sure if I need employment letter or not...

240296[/snapback]

cocolei,

you have been a very concientious poster here for a few months now. Since that time I've grown quite curious as to why your American partner isn't visiting here and asking the same questions you are? It would seem very important with your interview only days away that he have an excellent understanding as to what you will need regarding paperwork, forms, and other evidence.

Have you suggested to him to visit this site and ask questions? If so, what did he say? Rather seems like you've been doing all the work, and with him being the American citizen, it seems he could resolve your questions much more quickly.

Wishing you all the best in your upcoming day....

:angry:

Based on some rumbling I saw at VJ over the employer letter.. I thought it best to comment here, again...

The issue at VJ was about the adjustment of status and the new I-864... some are interpreting the new policy as "ONLY" needing 1 year of taxes, and not anything else :greenblob: and now people are getting RFEs for one.

I hope this is not the message we have suggested here, in regards to the use of the I-864 (for visa interview or Adjustment of status). We have mentioned a few flexible features of the new I-864 policy (and forms), but let's not throw out common sense in the process...

The 1 year of taxes is a MININUM.. not their recommendation; they have ample comment to the submitter to include 3 years if the applicant thinks this helps the case.

And let's not confuse what the I-864, taxes, and employer letter each, on their own provide:

- An I-864 does not prove you make the amount of money you write on it's line; It's proof of a statement of making that money.

- Taxes are not proof of sustainable, permanent, full-time income; it is only proof of money [claimed] on taxes, while the IRS transcript is proof of a processed tax return.

- An employment letter is proof of the source of income, it's current status, hopeful duration, and ability to meet the guideline now and into the future...

Moral of the story of the Employer Letter:

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !!!!!!!! :greenblob:

Guest pushbrk
Based on some rumbling I saw at VJ over the employer letter.. I thought it best to comment here, again...

The issue at VJ was about the adjustment of status and the new I-864... some are interpreting the new policy as "ONLY" needing 1 year of taxes, and not anything else  B)  and now people are getting RFEs for one. 

I hope this is not the message we have suggested here, in regards to the use of the I-864 (for visa interview or Adjustment of status).  We have mentioned a few flexible features of the new I-864 policy (and forms), but let's not throw out common sense in the process...

The 1 year of taxes is a MININUM.. not their recommendation; they have ample comment to the submitter to include 3 years if the applicant thinks this helps the case.

And let's not confuse what the I-864, taxes, and employer letter each, on their own provide:

- An I-864 does not prove you make the amount of money you write on it's line;  It's proof of a statement of making that money.

- Taxes are not proof of sustainable, permanent, full-time income; it is only proof of money [claimed] on taxes, while the IRS transcript is proof of a processed tax return.

- An employment letter is proof of the source of income, it's current status, hopeful duration, and ability to meet the guideline now and into the future...

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !!!!!!!!    :D

240440[/snapback]

In this case, if he cannot get the employer letter signed, at least have him fax a current pay stub. That will show he is currently employed and was paid recently. It also usually shows year to date income. Generally, one would affix this to the employer letter as further evidence but by itself it is a pretty compelling indication of ongoing employment and income.

The issue at VJ was about the adjustment of status and the new I-864... some are interpreting the new policy as "ONLY" needing 1 year of taxes, and not anything else  B)  and now people are getting RFEs for one. 

I hope this is not the message we have suggested here, in regards to the use of the I-864 (for visa interview or Adjustment of status).  We have mentioned a few flexible features of the new I-864 policy (and forms), but let's not throw out common sense in the process...

- An I-864 does not prove you make the amount of money you write on it's line;  It's proof of a statement of making that money.

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !!!!!!!!    :D

240440[/snapback]

I used the I-864ez form when I updated everything for my wife's

interview and question 19 said it all.

It's for your federal income tax information and they give you a choice

of what you can submit. Check box # 1 if your only submitting the

"REQUIRED" photocopy or transcript of your return for the most recent

year.

Or you can check box #2 if your including returns for the 2nd and 3rd

most recent years.

What David said is right, they are giving you the "option" right on the

form to help your case. It's only common sense to include them.

If I learned anything from CFL, it is the kitchen sink rule!