We've finally started

Hello to all,

I've just filed the I-130 form for my husband. We've been married over two years but just never filed because I enjoy living and teaching English overseas. I've been doing it for the past four or five years. We are both living and teaching in China now and with our second child on the way, and my parents always begging me to come home and re-settle in the States, we decided it's time. We filed through homeland security here in China. Though my husband is not Chinese, we love China and the Chinese people. We enjoy teaching university students here. But with a growing family we need to settle down. Our son is one and I'm four months pregnant again. Although we just filed, I'm planning on having the baby here in China, because I heard the process takes about a year. Has anyone else filed from China? My husband and I met in Istanbul, Turkey and got married there. Since then we had a son and moved to China when our son was five months. I have been living abroad on and off for the past five years, going home for 3 months every summer and spending the school years teaching English abroad. I went home for 3 months last year to have my son, but I missed my husband so much, that this time we are staying together, that's why I'm choosing to have the next baby here in China. Will this cause any problem with democile in the U.S? In the past 4 years, I've lived in 3 different countries because we travel and teach English? But I've always had my permanant address in the U.S with my parents. And all my U.S. mail comes there.

Also can anyone who's filed from here, Beijing, tell me about how long the process will take? I'm due in 5 months to have the baby and I think after that it will take like another 2 months to get the baby's passport. So that's about 7 months. I'd love to get the baby home so as soon as possible after the Birth because my mother is pestering me so much. She hasn't seen my son since he was 6 weeks old and now He's 1. And she was so disappointed to find I wasn't coming home to have the next baby. I just need to be with my husband this time, for the birth of the baby. He so much wants to be a part of it. After all, it's His child, not my mother's. Anyway, how long should we have to wait before getting approval? We just filed the I-130 in Aug. I'm eager to hear from them, but I can see from reading this board and the time lines, that I probably need to just sit back and wait and relax.

Well that's all. I just felt like talking to some others who are waiting and going through the same thing as us. Also Hoping to have those questions answered.

Blessings to you all and I hope all goes well for all of you who are still waiting, especially those who are seperated from each other. My husband and I could barely stand being seperated for 3 months when I went to the States to have our first child and I read that some have been seperated for a year or more. That must be hard. I can't imagine. My husband is so close to our one year old son, that I just can't seperated the two of them. My son's faovrite word is Daddy. I'm praying for all of you who have been seperated from your love ones, while waiting for them to come to the States. May the process be quick and easy for you all. Blessings.

You can scroll down on this link and look at the DCF & HK FAQ...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

You'll see information specific to filing to china (DCF is a street term for "direct consular filing", the consulate will not understand this, but people at most boards will).

Filing at BJ is the fastest for filing in china, since everyone's petition will go through BJ, but your started there.. Average time is 6-7 months...

You'll see a few sample timelines for BJ... know the process and what to expect next.

Here's a DCF flowchart as well...

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/China...art_EN_Rels.htm

welcome to CFL.

Welcome to CFL, it sounds like you have really done your homework well and that should make this whole process much easier on you and your family. I believe the stress of the waiting is probably the hardest part of the process.

You answered your question about domicile, your US address is what you will want to use and I have no doubt you will be living there initially when your family moves to the US.

You will want to start planning a couple of things now as it sounds like you and your husband are well traveled. He will need police certificates from every location he has lived for more than 6 months since age 16. Depending on the country and method of record keeping this can become interesting.

In China there is only one police certificate which is issued by the PSB and then you will need to have that translated. Most of us have used the Chinese Notary office for this, but I'm not sure how this works for foreigners. You mentioned Turkey as well and will need to check to see if they do this by city or a single one for the country. So a bit of travel may be needed to collect this evidence for the interview.

He will also need a certified birth record, evidence of the ending of any prior marriages and such.

While Turkey is an Allie of the US he may be asked to provide some very specific information and evidence regarding his time there, but that is something the VO will determine. Just be prepared for the possibility. Any place the DOS thinks could be a trouble spot can raise the question. You can take a look at Visa Journey to get an idea of what things you might want to prepare for the other locations he has lived. It covers a wider spectrum of countries and may be very helpful to you.

I doubt you will have much problem documenting your relationship, make sure to have the kids pictures for the interview. Now if you were to give birth at the consulate in GZ that would pretty much seal the deal, with nervous dad pacing the floor and trying to control a 1 year old and not loose his mind. :roller:

Depending on both of your teaching credentials you may be able to move quickly into a teaching position in the US as many schools are beginning to offer Chinese. He will definately need to bring documentation of High Shool and college with him to the US, it is sometimes a bit difficult to get from the US. But then he will get a 10 year green card when you arrive in the US making life much easier.

Welcome again and good luck on the process.

Also, since you live in Beijing it would probably be the simplest for him to get his medical exam for the interview done over at International SOS instead of doing this in GZ.

Great people over there, but I have a feeling you may know the place well.  :jerry:

240302[/snapback]

good point.. we also had our medical done in BJ... you have to wait till your SO gets the P4 appointment letter (which contains the interview date), but this should come with about 40+ days advanced notice on average.

Concerning police reports for foreign nationals in china:

I need your help!Paper from the Police of China!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17980