I need your help!Paper from the Police of China!

Hi!

I am new here. And I need your help!

The situation is....I am Russian fiancee, but 2 years I lived in China.And now, for my interview I need a paper from the Police of China. But it turns out to be impossible.

I've tried many times but the answer is the same...Chinese Police does not give such kind of papers, and it is against Chinese Law.

And now I have no idea what to do with this, and how to find the way out, where can I get this paper???

I would be very thankful to you if you give me any ideas about this.

Hi!

I am new here. And I need your help!

The situation is....I am Russian fiancee, but 2 years I lived in China.And now, for my interview I need a paper from the Police of China. But it turns out to be impossible. 

I've tried many times but the answer is the same...Chinese Police does not give such kind of papers, and it is against Chinese Law. 

And now I have no idea what to do with this, and how to find the way out, where can I get this paper???

I would be very thankful to you if you give me any ideas about this.

215558[/snapback]

I wish I could offer an answer to help you, but I have posted your question for the person at the consulate to see if they can offer some advice. You might check this post in the next few days to see what help they can offer.

Foreign National Police Certificate in China

Have you tried to obtain notarial certificates from the notarial office with jurisdiction where you resided in China? If you still have friends in China or Chinese relatives or friends may request issuance of certificates on behalf of someone now living abroad. Relatives and friends should have specific written authorization from you before they request certificates.

You may try to have to contact the Peoples Republic of China Embassy or Consulate nearest to your present residence abroad and ask that the request be forwarded to the appropriate notarial office where you lived while in China. Obtaining a notarial certificate through a PRC Embassy or Consulate can require considerable time.

This procedure may be the same for the Russian Embassy in Beijing.

POLICE RECORD

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a re-education through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose re-education through labor. It is important to distinguish re-education through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses.

COURT RECORD

Available in most cases. Normally, when someone is tried by a people's court or by an organ of the executive branch of government, some record remains of the case even for a political crime. In some instances, the entire formal court verdict (Pan Jue Shu) is available upon request by the former defendant. In other cases, the court can provide only a synopsis of the charges and the verdict. In all instances, it is necessary to have the applicant request court records. If an applicant is unable to secure court records, the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, or the posts in China with jurisdiction over the area where the record is located can contact the appropriate provincial foreign affairs office and request assistance in securing records. It is not advisable for other U.S. officials to contact courts directly. Most court records will also indicate the original sentence, the actual sentence served and any reduction or commutation of the original sentence. Court records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949.

This procedure may be the same for the Russian Embassy in Beijing.

POLICE RECORD

Generally available, reliable.  Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document.  Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect.  Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist.  The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China.  Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949.  Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer.  If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate.  This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China. 

215590[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for answers, but its not completely clear for me.... :redblob:

Local Public Security Bureau (PSB)--what is it? Is it just the local police station near the place I live or something else?

I called to Russian Embassy in Beijing, and they told me they cannot help me and that I should call to Chenyang, because its closer...(i lived in Harbin)

I called to Chenyang Russian Embassy, and they told me they cannot help me either :greenblob: :rolleyes:

What to do then???? If nobody can help me, who will help me then????

Everybody refuse, and my future depends on this paper!!!!!

:greenblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

Whom should I ask???

Did you register with the PSB when you were living in China? I have no experience with this, but I'd assume if any PSB office could help it would be the one you registered with. If you didn't register, then you weren't really living there and therefore don't need a police certificiate (wink, wink).

215641[/snapback]

Yes, i guess I've been registrated there....

the first 10 months I lived at the univercity campus, so I know nothing about registration...

then I had summer holidays, then came back to China for half a year again, but this time I lived in an appartement and I had a pink paper,registration with the adress.

And when we applyed for K-1, we filled in that I was living in China.

I guess for American Embassy, there is no difference if you lived in China with registration or without...the fact is that I lived in China...and they need a paper of no records.... :rolleyes: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Here is a link to another forum group, and this will take you into the section of Russian K1. If you post your question there too, someone from Russia may have some first hand experience with the same type of problem that could help you. I am sure it has come up before with someone else in the past in trying to get a China police report, and the link to the forum is case specific to the Russian/USA citizen K1 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=98

Here is a link to another forum group, and this will take you into the section of Russian K1. If you post your question there too, someone from Russia may have some first hand experience with the same type of problem that could help you. I am sure it has come up before with someone else in the past in trying to get a China police report, and the link to the forum is case specific to the Russian/USA citizen K1 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=98

215646[/snapback]

Thank you very much!!! :censor:

I'll ask them now, maybe you are right, somebody did this before me,

I hope there is someone :censor:

In the city of Guangzhou, one can obtain a certificate for no criminal records from notary public provided s/he gets Temporary Residence Registeration.

Did you register with the PSB when you were living in China? I have no experience with this, but I'd assume if any PSB office could help it would be the one you registered with. If you didn't register, then you weren't really living there and therefore don't need a police certificiate (wink, wink).

215641[/snapback]

the first 10 months I lived at the univercity campus, so I know nothing about registration...

then I had summer holidays, then came back to China for half a year again, but this time I lived in an appartement and I had a pink paper,registration with the adress.

I guess for American Embassy, there is no difference if you lived in China with registration or without...the fact is that I lived in China...and they need a paper of no records.... :rolleyes: :ph34r: :ph34r:

215643[/snapback]

You mentioned that you lived 10 months in China then had summer holidays then came back and got an apartment. Others will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that if you didn't stay there for a year at any one time you won't need a police certificate.

[You mentioned that you lived 10 months in China then had summer holidays then came back and got an apartment.  Others will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that if you didn't stay there for a year at any one time you won't need a police certificate.

215699[/snapback]

The rule is confusing. From http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html

"Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year."

When the FAQ refers to "other countries", I'm assuming it's referring to countries other than China. If correct, this may put Keesa back to square one - not being able to obtain a Chinese notarial police certificate.

215641[/snapback]

I guess for American Embassy, there is no difference if you lived in China with registration or without...the fact is that I lived in China...and they need a paper of no records.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

215643[/snapback]

If I understand correctly you are working on a visa in Russia and lived in China for studies. If you did not live in China for a full year at a time you may not need the certificate. Your mention of 10 months would not require a police certificate since you were not there for a full year.

I found this on the US Embassy web site for Moscow.

Fiance(e) or K1(K2) Visa Procedure

List of Documents for Fiancé (e) Visa Interview

5. Police certificates in all names as well as all dates of birth ever used. Police certificate must contain references to each place (subject to the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation) in which the applicant lives or has lived for more than six months since attaining the age of 16. This includes localities where applicants have lived during university studies. If the applicant was on military service, he/she should bring the certificate from the local draft board. If an applicant has lived abroad for more than one year, a police certificate must also be submitted from the country in which he/she lived. Police certificate validity is one year since the date of issuance.

Nice job Lee. That should work as long as when the G-325A was filled out it shows she left China after the university attendence of 10 months, address out of China for the summer, then back to China again for the last 6 months. 2 seperate enteries of living in China, with the out of China address in between them.

Nice job Lee. That should work as long as when the G-325A was filled out it shows she left China after the university attendence of 10 months, address out of China for the summer, then back to China again for the last 6 months. 2 seperate enteries of living in China, with the out of China address in between them.

215725[/snapback]

If it doesn't then fix it on the DS-230 part 1 and if asked about the difference, blame it on the language barrier and a misunderstanding from early in your relationship.

The goverment does understand these things as long as you have a valid explanation for the differences, it just needs to be similar so that the differences only clarify the issue.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)