Fiance's signature in Pinyin?

Guest pushbrk
if she signs it in chinese, it's not going to matter too much since she may of never ever written (signed) her name in pinyin before...

But the best practice IMO is to sign the name in both pinyin and chinese.

240202[/snapback]

I'm sure signing in both pinyin and Chinese is a good idea but it is not required. My wife signed everything only in Chinese but there was no letter of intent.

I wouldn't delay filing a petition or form to mail something back and forth to China for a second kind of signature.

If someone has to teach you an alphabet, tell you what language to use, or to alter your signature in any way, it isn't your signature.

If they want her signature, she should sign the way she normally does. If they ask for her name in pinyin, they are not asking for her signature.

Ok, so for my second newbie question-

Does my fiance sign her name on the letter and others in her native language, or in Pinyin which she has never done before?

Thanks in advance  :lol:

-Sy

240100[/snapback]

I did all my forms' signatures both in Chinese and Pinyin, turned out no any problem.

if she signs it in chinese, it's not going to matter too much since she may of never ever written (signed) her name in pinyin before...

But the best practice IMO is to sign the name in both pinyin and chinese.

240202[/snapback]

I'm sure signing in both pinyin and Chinese is a good idea but it is not required. My wife signed everything only in Chinese but there was no letter of intent.

I wouldn't delay filing a petition or form to mail something back and forth to China for a second kind of signature.

240210[/snapback]

My comment was to 'best practic, not requirement. requirement is to sign it. But I will guess that some sign, some print, some do it in pinyin, some do it in chinese... IT DOESN'T MATTER... In the end, choose what your most comfortable with. I suggest both. If they ever get to security checks, I'd rather they also had her chinese character name referenced somewhere...