I need some help....

Guest pushbrk
Hi everyone, I will go to GZ on 31 Aug..

I just want ask that my fiance sent me I-864 form... Is that a problem on the interview?? Because i know its should be I-134 form for K1..

239788[/snapback]

You will need the I-134. The I-864 is not needed until adjustment of status.

I just want ask that my fiance sent me I-864 form... Is that a problem on the interview?? Because i know its should be I-134 form for K1..

239788[/snapback]

239790[/snapback]

But I do not have time let my fiance send me the form I-134...How can I do then??

Guest pushbrk

239788[/snapback]

239790[/snapback]

But I do not have time let my fiance send me the form I-134...How can I do then??

239793[/snapback]

There is enough time if he sends it to your hotel in Guangzhou via DHL's fastest service. The I-864 is not to be substituted for the I-864. Perhaps somebody has managed to get approved by offering I-864 when I-134 has been asked for. Often neither is actually asked for. In those cases, it wouldn't have mattered which was available or if neither was.

I would rather pay DHL than take the risk.

239788[/snapback]

239790[/snapback]

239793[/snapback]

There is enough time if he sends it to your hotel in Guangzhou via DHL's fastest service. The I-864 is not to be substituted for the I-864. Perhaps somebody has managed to get approved by offering I-864 when I-134 has been asked for. Often neither is actually asked for. In those cases, it wouldn't have mattered which was available or if neither was.

239796[/snapback]

I see.. So How long time will take by DHL from US to GuangZhou??

Guest pushbrk

239788[/snapback]

239790[/snapback]

239793[/snapback]

239796[/snapback]

I see.. So How long time will take by DHL from US to GuangZhou??

239798[/snapback]

If he arranges DHL's fastest service, it will take less than a week. Be sure to have it addressed to you in care of the hotel. Get the assistance of the hotel in providing the needed address. In most cases, addressing in English will be sufficient. The DHL office is near the Consulate in Guangzhou, so they will be familiar with the nearby hotels.

It's morning in the USA. Your fiance can get this on its way today.

There are other popular express services, but DHL is my strong recommendation for Asia and even stronger for any delivery near the Guangzhou Consulate.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Your best bet is to have your partner complete the I-134 immediately, and get copies of tax returns and w-2s to support it. After completing the I-134 your partner needs to get it notarized. He can indeed try mailing it to you, but like you say, time is too short right now. Nevertheless, after he gets it notarized, he should immediately scan it as a PDF, and all associated tax returns and w2s. I provided three years records, though only the previous year is required.

After he scans all these documents as a PDF file(s), he can then email them to you immediately. You can then open and print them. You can present these at the interview, and stand a good chance of them being accepted for a K1, though he should definitely get the paperwork on its way using the fastest mail service available.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Or have him fax it to the hotel

239810[/snapback]

One can email a PDF in the same time it takes to fax. The best part of a PDF is that it's virtually indistinguishable from the original. A fax copy of anything is never as good as the original. Best bet, make a PDF and email. There are computers and access to the internet everywhere....

Guest ShaQuaNew
You need to install your computer with the program Photoshop for .pdf documents.

239841[/snapback]

Not true. There is no need for photoshop whatsover when it comes to PDF documents. Most of the all-in-one printers sold today (printer, scanner, copier), have the option of scanning a document to a PDF file, and / or adding additional pages until done. You can also create separate documents according to the need.

Once you've created these PDF documents using the scanner, you can email it to any recipient. If the recipient doesn't have Adobe Reader installed on their machine, it can be installed for free. This reader enables the user to open, read, and print the document, exactly as it appears in the original....

Free Adobe Reader

To create a PDF from another software application like Word or Excel, you must have the full-blown Adobe Acrobat, or one of it's cheaper friends, neither of which are needed for your case.

Again, scan the documents and save them to PDF format. No special software needed. Just a scanner. If one doesn't have a scanner, there are countless places that can do it for you for a very small fee....

You need to install your computer with the program Photoshop for .pdf documents.

239841[/snapback]

Not true. There is no need for photoshop whatsover when it comes to PDF documents. Most of the all-in-one printers sold today (printer, scanner, copier), have the option of scanning a document to a PDF file, and / or adding additional pages until done. You can also create separate documents according to the need.

Once you've created these PDF documents using the scanner, you can email it to any recipient. If the recipient doesn't have Adobe Reader installed on their machine, it can be installed for free. This reader enables the user to open, read, and print the document, exactly as it appears in the original....

Free Adobe Reader

To create a PDF from another software application like Word or Excel, you must have the full-blown Adobe Acrobat, or one of it's cheaper friends, neither of which are needed for your case.

Again, scan the documents and save them to PDF format. No special software needed. Just a scanner. If one doesn't have a scanner, there are countless places that can do it for you for a very small fee....

239865[/snapback]

SmilingAsia, this is true, but I still like you and we need you here

Guest ShaQuaNew

239841[/snapback]

Free Adobe Reader

239865[/snapback]

SmilingAsia, this is true, but I still like you and we need you here

239867[/snapback]

Yes, and be sure to send all those folks that you're encouraging to buy expensive software that they don't need to me. I've got a couple of bridges in Brooklyn to unload.... :lol:

I would say that the I-864 covers more than the I-134. Yes, they ask for the 134 but I think they would accept the 864 if that was all you had.

Send an e-mail to GUZ and explain that you have the wrong one filled out - I bet they will say it is O.K.

On our intervi9ew, I don't think they even asked for the I-134 !!

Good luck!