The Yellow Brick Road

Well, it is finally here! My wife will leave for GUZ tomorrow for her interview on the 23rd. I am a total wreck and am sure it will only get worse before it gets better especially after she leaves for the emerald city to see the wizard. I can only imagine what she feels it has to be twice my feeling. Thanks to CFL members that post their interview questions as this is important to see the trends. I have asked her to remember the questions and will post as soon as possible afterwards as well as the results of the interview.

She is prepared but worries she will not understand because of a different tone in the voice of the VO than mine. I tell her to listen carefully and ask the VO to speak slowly if necessary. But,, She still worries. I think she will do wonderful. I can't be there because of a work problem. Tac good luck on your interview the same day. Dont know if you can pick out my wife or not. She will be 5'2, 110 pounds, brown eyes, black hair, Chinese in appearance, and carrying a kitchen sink full of manilla envelopes!!!!!!! ;) Boy does that sound familiar for any day in GUZ at the counsulate building???

She will be staying at one of the hotels in the consulate building and they have assurred me they will make her comfortable. I have sent her flowers and balloons to be delivered to the hotel as it is her birthday. Hopefully this will reassure her but nothing like if I could be there but she understands and does have friends to see when she is there but am sure she will be going back over papers again and again and again. I am totally amazed at what she has learned over the past few days from 001, reading the papers I sent, and practicing interview questions, etc.

Good luck to all that remain this month and from here on. Signing off until after.

Best wishes to you.  Keep us posted. ;)

238923[/snapback]

Good luck with the interview. ;) Try to reassure your SO. The VO spoke Chinese most of the time with my wife because she is learning English. If your paperwork is in order, I don't think it would be a deal breaker is she has a problem understanding.

Well, it is finally here! My wife will leave for GUZ tomorrow for her interview on the 23rd. I am a total wreck and am sure it will only get worse before it gets better especially after she leaves for the emerald city to see the wizard. I can only imagine what she feels it has to be twice my feeling. Thanks to CFL members that post their interview questions as this is important to see the trends. I have asked her to remember the questions and will post as soon as possible afterwards as well as the results of the interview.

She is prepared but worries she will not understand because of a different tone in the voice of the VO than mine. I tell her to listen carefully and ask the VO to speak slowly if necessary. But,, She still worries. I think she will do wonderful. I can't be there because of a work problem. Tac good luck on your interview the same day. Dont know if you can pick out my wife or not. She will be 5'2, 110 pounds, brown eyes, black hair, Chinese in appearance, and carrying a kitchen sink full of manilla envelopes!!!!!!!  :o  Boy does that sound familiar for any day in GUZ at the counsulate building???

She will be staying at one of the hotels in the consulate building and they have assurred me they will make her comfortable. I have sent her flowers and balloons to be delivered to the hotel as it is her birthday. Hopefully this will reassure her but nothing like if I could be there but she understands and does have friends to see when she is there but am sure she will be going back over papers again and again and again. I am totally amazed at what she has learned over the past few days from 001, reading the papers I sent, and practicing interview questions, etc.

Good luck to all that remain this month and from here on. Signing off until after.

238897[/snapback]

I wish you the best of luck for a happy and peaceful life :D

Charles

As all others here, I wish you the best on this quest for your SO to fulfill the goal that many here have already achieved and many more strive to, the almighty....PINK SLIP!!!

You write now of her leaving for the Emerald City to see the wizard. I can only hope to read your writings again in the near future of her once again leaving for the real Emerald City...(Seattle, WA), to join with you!!!