Reason for Refusals!!

Very wise words Frank.  Also nice to see all the mystery cleared up.

238584[/snapback]

I've been observing and analyzing cases. The problem is I never see mystery or myth. I always found out reasons.

238586[/snapback]

I agree with this in principle.. there's always a reason to the VO for a denial; It may not be a reason we agree with or it may be a reason that we find ludicrous to pick on... but a reason none the less...

I also like your 40:40:20 rule.. maybe too much given to luck, but I like how you present this idea.

I agree with Carl, that there is no bullet proof method... but I will say this: Early in the process, I realized that my particular situation looked not very good from the consulate's point of view (I was seeing all the communication problems getting blue slips, etc.). I decide there and then to study all the interviews for the last year and build a plan for the rest of the process. I was going to have everything that went by the consulate concerning our case be what I wanted it to be...

In the end, although my wife did the interview in chinese, she was not asked for a single photo, no financials, NOTHING... This could be coincidental... and then again, it could be that the case looked 'good enough' with no further item needed. I definitely think that some luck was involved (we did get an african american woman VO).

Here is my receipe:

- Paperwork should always look impeccible, and be correct; have it look as good as a lawyer having done it. I violated this rule by getting an RFE, but even in my RFE item returned, I pointed out something else they missed in the cover letter and explained how to correct it.

- Call dos at least 3 times; write GUZ at least 3 emails. (I don't see any need to call everyday and appear to their eyes as overly impatient... I felt a few calls showed that I understood the process enough to just call at the major milestones).

- Make at least three visits. I stayed one visit for 3 months purposely since I felt this would overcome the lack of communication appearing in our case. (I'm convinced this worked).

- Do the medical weeks prior to the consulate (if possible); go to the GUZ to just do the interview. We did this by going to BJ for the medical.

- Be at the interview... Get together with other members... We stayed with another couple and arranged to meet with about four couples. It created a relaxed atmosphere leading up to the interview day, and we could all share the experience and talk about questions.

- I studied the interviews and came up with the top 10 questions, and top ones for divorced situations. We studied these questions. All the questions she got were from my list.

- We wrote a script of what to do at the interview:

- try to be first to greet with english "hello".

- when asked if you speak english, she gave a canned response preferring to do it in chinese (spoken in english).

- Answer very simply questions in english, followed by chinese (in case english was not clear).

- Give my passport with hers when asked for hers...

- We used a three folder approach with chinese notes on the outside of each one so she could easily retrieve items, if needed (not needed).

- We picked a few sets of possible clothes for what she would wear to the interview... the night before, she selected what her gut said to wear.

- We talked through what a blue slip was and that it means only more info give them to review. She saw a blue slip as a possible part of the process, and we had plans with how to deal with it.

- She was her usual confident self, I believe mostly due to the fact that I had calculated every last step and gave her a script of it... she says to this day that she was not even nervous. She says there was nothing to think about; just give them some answers, which we prepared.

- Bring the kitchen sink.. for overcome more than the interview...

I will admit, given a different VO , things could of been very different.. We'll never know...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dont know how many of you have been to mexico, but when you clear customs there you walk up and press a button a green light means you walk through a red one means you stop at customs. Wouldnt be surprised if GUZ wasnt to much different...LOL

Well I dont know how many of you have been to mexico, but when you clear customs there you walk up and press a button a green light means you walk through a red one means you stop at customs. Wouldnt be surprised if GUZ wasnt to much different...LOL

238626[/snapback]

Actually in Mexico the control over who gets the green or red light is controlled by someone sitting in the area with a good overview of the people. Some would call it profiling and they are pretty savvy in how they do their job.

But they do get a bit sadistic at times and go after the impatient (Ugly) American just for kicks and grins. I had a dive buddy who got nailed every time and then we suggested he not be so rude and just go with the flow, when he did that he got a green light. :lol:

I also like your 40:40:20 rule.  maybe too much given to luck, but I like how you present this idea.

238618[/snapback]

Like our member sanshanghai, they are well prepared.

His SO tends to pass if her VO is the African American lady (not sure she is still there or left) cuz this lady likes parents involvement for such an important thing like marriage.

A different VO tends to check their financial source cuz his parents have flown half the world to meet his SO.

Another VO may screw his whole family up: SSN of siblings, cousins, in-laws, uncles, aunties.............except grandparents and great grandparents who are not at the age stage for marriage :lol:

This is 20% luck, beyond your influence and control. Different interviewer screws different weak point you have.

I also like your 40:40:20 rule..  maybe too much given to luck, but I like how you present this idea.

238618[/snapback]

If you get a blue slip simply due to bad luck, the success rate of you overcoming a visa denial is 95%.

If you belong to the 5% who failed to overcome a denial and whose case was returned to the US, you need to ask yourself "Did she really understand what I told her to do??? Did we get any orientation of a snake head logic to make our case look as humorous as those ones from Fujian???" Anyway, that's not the end of the world. you duo shao ai ke yi chong lai!