InfoPass appointment

Well I went to Albuquerque today (70 miles each way) for an InfoPass appointment for a status on our I-129F petition with no expectations, so there would be no disappointments. Despite my hidden fear of coming away with NO update, I was able to learn that as of July 13, 2006 our petition is pending at CSC for “security checks.” I am not sure if this is good information or not, but I’ll take it.

I asked about expediting the RFE I have been anticipating and was told that the IMBRA RFE’s were sent out based on a random selection process. I was unaware that this was the RFE process/ policy and am not sure what to believe, but I thought it was a potentially useful piece of information. Has anyone else heard this fact?

Guest pushbrk
Well I went to Albuquerque today (70 miles each way) for an InfoPass appointment for a status on our I-129F petition with no expectations, so there would be no disappointments. Despite my hidden fear of coming away with NO update, I was able to learn that as of July 13, 2006 our petition is pending at CSC for “security checks.” I am not sure if this is good information or not, but I’ll take it.

I asked about expediting the RFE I have been anticipating and was told that the IMBRA RFE’s were sent out based on a random selection process. I was unaware that this was the RFE process/ policy and am not sure what to believe, but I thought it was a potentially useful piece of information. Has anyone else heard this fact?

238099[/snapback]

I take it you filed your I-129F using the old form. I think the new one became available the day before you mailed yours out. With it only being 40 some days since they received your file, I wouldn't have been surprised not to have received the RFE (assuming you did use the old form) but I don't believe for a second that those RFE's were random.

I think the officer may have meant that the RFE's were sent in random order, not to random people, (but all who have their I-129F application dated March 6, 2006 and newer).

I myself waited a long time to receive mine. The email stated they posted to me on June 23, but I never received it. I called the customer service info line, and talked to a women and explained I had not received it for 25 days. Even though I was supposed to wait for 30 days before I could call. She said no problem, emailed CSC, and 1 day later they posted it to me. I never did receive the first one that the email said was posted to me.

I think the officer may have meant that the RFE's were sent in random order, not to random people, (but all who have their I-129F application dated March 6, 2006 and newer).

I myself waited a long time to receive mine. The email stated they posted to me on June 23, but I never received it. I called the customer service info line, and talked to a women and explained I had not received it for 25 days. Even though I was supposed to wait for 30 days before I could call. She said no problem, emailed CSC, and 1 day later they posted it to me. I never did receive the first one that the email said was posted to me.

238119[/snapback]

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I may have gotten the wrong impression of what was said. Perhaps what I wanted to hear! Like I said, only time will tell!! Patience is not something I deal with well.....

David

I also have an Infopass appointment, but, with any luck, I am hoping to hear something pretty soon and won't have to keep it. I called CSC today and talked to a nice lady who couldn't help me much. She looked at the dates and said that they are working or processing for March 6th which I already knew. She said I should hear something very soon. She also said that if they post a new processing date and I still haven't heard anything, then they can look into it and find out what's going on. :blink:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)