Called the DOS this morning

Hi All,

Called the Dept of State this morning.

The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and had a great sense of humor. He asked me "how do you say her name?" and when I said it, he laughed and said "oh, so that's how you pronounce 'Xiao', I'm trying to learn a little Chinese here to say these names right." :P Told him that I'm probably pronouncing her Pin-ying name wrong, since I always say her name in Cantonese which sounds completely different. <_<

Unfortunately, no security clearence for us yet. :( But at least the DOS person I spoke with was very nice and had a sense of humor, which was cool. B)

Thanks,

P.J.

:( i called the DOS from china this morning, a nice man talked to me..

but i was told my case is still pending.. maybe it takes weeks to clearence..i asked him why some one got the visa and she had interview 2 months later than me.. he said.. he don't know that ... B) <_<

ohhhhhh....... who can explain that?

B)  i called the DOS from china this morning, a nice man talked to me..

but i was told my case is still pending.. maybe it takes weeks to clearence..i asked him why some one got the visa  and she had interview 2 months later than me.. he said.. he don't know that ... :P  :(

No one can explain why, how and/or what order the Visas are being given out. I can only hope and believe that they are trying to do things the best way they can. Whether we agree with them or not. Remember we are dealing with a rather large bureaucracy. Only logical thing I can come up with is that GZ is mailing out a lot of cleared fiances that had left Passports in GZ. I don't imagine they want these Passports lying around for fear of losing some of them.

I mean after all, how many people had P3 & P4 packets lost? Anyway this is just my opinion. However, thinking logical may not be the best way to go, but that is all I have for now.

Good Luck to everyone, at least we are FINALLY seeing some ACTUAL movement on these Visas.

Bob M. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
:P  i called the DOS from china this morning, a nice man talked to me..

but i was told my case is still pending.. maybe it takes weeks to clearence..i asked him why some one got the visa  and she had interview 2 months later than me.. he said.. he don't know that ... :o  :D

No one can explain why, how and/or what order the Visas are being given out. I can only hope and believe that they are trying to do things the best way they can. Whether we agree with them or not. Remember we are dealing with a rather large bureaucracy. Only logical thing I can come up with is that GZ is mailing out a lot of cleared fiances that had left Passports in GZ. I don't imagine they want these Passports lying around for fear of losing some of them.

I mean after all, how many people had P3 & P4 packets lost? Anyway this is just my opinion. However, thinking logical may not be the best way to go, but that is all I have for now.

Good Luck to everyone, at least we are FINALLY seeing some ACTUAL movement on these Visas.

Bob M. :D

You know,that does make some sense. Lynn left her passport. Man I hope they dont lose it. I saved a copy I scanned,along with her national ID.

I still wonder if all are being notified by EMS or just a few.

Richard, Phillip,

I think it is to early to tell yet. All of the names might not be entered into the data bank yet. There certainly does not apperar to be any order to this. We are supposed to believe that all of a sudden, after 4 months of waiting, calling, and protesting, that 5,000 clearances all came through at one time!!!! I might have been born at night, but it was not last night. :D  :P  :D >Jim

Ive heard everything but water boiling. Could that be strictly misinformation? Who said that 5000 clearences came in? Is it anything form authority or just unproven rumor?

Called Dos a an hour ago.... Got the "oh, not so nice lady"

She goes.. consulate : and visa type?

I go " K in Guangzhou"

She goes... "Sorry, our sytem is down no. You need to call back tomorrow."

riiiiiiight..... :D

Why did she bother asking where/ what first then? LOL

well, we all know why I guess. She just plain lied as far I as am concerned

I think I heard that "system down" crap before on CDL..

Guest LarryQun

Gee, I called there about an hour ago too. Actually, I called 2 times. First time I was told call back later (unfriendly female voice), no reason given. So I called back, 10 minutes later and got a nice man, only had to wait 5 minutes. He didn't say anything about "system down". In fact, he gave me status. Unfortunately, still pending...

Guest minli98

Can someone tell me the DoS phone number to call to check my status? My interview was back in June, and it's been 6 months without any news. The Consulate hasn't been helpful at all. Thank you.

Min