Our CR1 has finally been entered at GZ!

I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :blink: I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

Guest pushbrk
I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :blink:  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

Check the most current CR1 timelines here. http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/CFL...lines_Final.htm

Keep calling DOS for progress reports. Based on the above timelines, I would set your expectations for about 4 months until interview but you can perhaps be a little more accurate after the name check is complete. That's the next milestone to check on.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :D  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

Speaking from our recent experience, it took about seven weeks from the time our case was entered at GUZ for the P4 to be mailed out with the interview date another six weeks out. It seems as though it took a long time for your case to be entered at GUZ from when it was sent from NVC. Our paperwork only took four weeks. Every case is different so it's really a crapshoot. Good Luck!

I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :D  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

Hi Naogong, it is really a luck of the draw. My file was forwarded to GZ on April 16 and I don't know the exact date it was entered in the system but it was before June 23rd. My wife had to go and get her fingerprints taken on June 23rd because it was needed by the US for the name check. From my experience how fast until your interview date depends on the name check process. The name check is done by the FBI in US and DOS does not know where in the process your case is when you call for an update. They will tell you either it is complete or still in the name check. This Wednesday will be my 4th month since the case was forwarded to GZ and that is when I plan to call. I can only cross my fingers, hope, pray (did I forget anything else?) that the name check is complete. To sum it all up, have patience because the name check is the final "big" hurdle before the good news.

237459[/snapback]

Once our visa became a CR-1 and was entered at GZ everything moved very fast as you can see from our timeline.

I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :rolleyes:  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

Once our visa became a CR-1 and was entered at GZ everything moved very fast as you can see from our timeline.

237506[/snapback]

Just realize that this example benefited from a K3 case getting to the consulate prior to the CR1.. and the CR1 can ride on the "tail wind" of the K3...

I don't think the OP (original poster) has a K3 path... and so a solo CR1 may take more time than this example...

although it's a good example of why having both paths can benefit a CR1 !! I think many people believe they will pursue both paths in case the K3 finishes first, but getting to post just prior to the CR1 is best. :D

Guest pushbrk
I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :rolleyes:  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

237506[/snapback]

Just realize that this example benefited from a K3 case getting to the consulate prior to the CR1.. and the CR1 can ride on the "tail wind" of the K3...

I don't think the OP (original poster) has a K3 path... and so a solo CR1 may take more time than this example...

although it's a good example of why having both paths can benefit a CR1 !! I think many people believe they will pursue both paths in case the K3 finishes first, but getting to post just prior to the CR1 is best. :D

237519[/snapback]

Exactly. I tried to achieve this benefit but suddenly the K3 leapt so far ahead of the CR1 that I abandoned the idea. Sometimes it works very well. I think our post IMBRA CR1/K3 folks are much more likely to achieve the tailwind effect.

I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :sosad:  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

237506[/snapback]

although it's a good example of why having both paths can benefit a CR1 !! I think many people believe they will pursue both paths in case the K3 finishes first, but getting to post just prior to the CR1 is best. :sosad:

237519[/snapback]

Exactly. I tried to achieve this benefit but suddenly the K3 leapt so far ahead of the CR1 that I abandoned the idea. Sometimes it works very well. I think our post IMBRA CR1/K3 folks are much more likely to achieve the tailwind effect.

237524[/snapback]

In our particular case there was a delay when our Package 3 was sent July 12, 2005 it was never received by my wife giving our CR-1 a chance to catch up with the K-3 and surpass it. Guangzhou resent Package 3-August 15, 2005 which again was delayed because the consulate was moving to the new location and returned to the Consulate August 23,2005.

I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :)  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

237506[/snapback]

although it's a good example of why having both paths can benefit a CR1 !! I think many people believe they will pursue both paths in case the K3 finishes first, but getting to post just prior to the CR1 is best. :sosad:

237519[/snapback]

237524[/snapback]

In our particular case there was a delay when our Package 3 was sent July 12, 2005 it was never received by my wife giving our CR-1 a chance to catch up with the K-3 and surpass it. Guangzhou resent Package 3-August 15, 2005 which again was delayed because the consulate was moving to the new location and returned to the Consulate August 23,2005.

237527[/snapback]

Thanks to you all for your providing your experiences and advice. I wanted to apply for a K3 as well as the CR-1 and my attorney (who has been a real disappontment :sosad: ) dissuaded me. I'm trying to get my paperwork in order and I've found that I don't have a copy of either the DS-230 part 1, or the I-864 that I gave her! When I got the DS-230 part 1 she had filled out I found numerous errors, she had my wife's age wrong, left out the province on the form, etc. I made a copy, whited out the mistakes, corrected them, and asked my wife to review it when I sent it to her for her signature. I took the copy she'd given me to send to my wife to sign back to her along with the copy on which I had made the corrections, and told her secretary to correct them before sending, and that I wanted to review them before they were mailed. I reviewed the material and made sure that the corrections had been made, and also gave her the Packet 3 Supplemental Info. Sheet she'd given me to have my wife sign., and the the check to DOS for $380, and $70, and the I-864 that I had notarized. Also 3 years tax returns, letter from my employer of 23 years, copy of retirement benefits listing her as beneficiary, bank statements, etc. I was upset with her errors and delay in giving me the material to have my wife sign and asked that they send it right away and call me when they had done so. They called the day after I had given them the material and said it had been posted. In my rush to get all this together I thought I had been careful to make a copy of everything, but I now can't find a copy of the signed I-864, or the DS-230 part 1. After she received the letter from the NVC saying the case had been sent to GZ on 5-11-06, I went to pick it up and was given what I was told were my documents. I can't find a copy of either the signed DS-230 part 1, and I believe more importantly, the signed I-864! As I read thorough the material my wife should bring to the interview I believe she should have a copy of the I-864, which I don't have! Can anyone tell me if all of these original documents are required to be brought by her to the interview? I know that I have no worries about meeting the fiancial requirements, I have worked for the University of California, Berkeley for 23 years, have money in the bank, no debts except home mortgage, and will get an updated letter from my employer before I go to GZ to be "with" her for her interview. Sorry this is so wordy, I'm panicing a bit about my bad recordkeeping. :sosad: Knowing what I do now through my late acquaintance with Candle of Love, I would advise other future applicants to do what I've seen advised here. Do your own paperwork (unless your situation has special circumstances) and keep good records. Can anyone advise me?

Guest pushbrk
I called the DOS today (8-14-06) and they finally told me that our CR1 case has been entered into the computer at GZ. :)  I know this is a tricky question, but is anyone on a similar time line, or from past experience with a CR1 application, in a position to guess when my wife might receive the P4 and interview date? Any advice on how to pursue information on the progress of our application? Our letter from the NVC in NH stating our case had been sent to GZ was dated 5-11-2006. We are extremely excited, but still apprehensive about how long before we can get the interview. Thanks for any advice!

237459[/snapback]

237506[/snapback]

237519[/snapback]

237524[/snapback]

237527[/snapback]

Thanks to you all for your providing your experiences and advice. I wanted to apply for a K3 as well as the CR-1 and my attorney (who has been a real disappontment :sosad: ) dissuaded me. I'm trying to get my paperwork in order and I've found that I don't have a copy of either the DS-230 part 1, or the I-864 that I gave her! When I got the DS-230 part 1 she had filled out I found numerous errors, she had my wife's age wrong, left out the province on the form, etc. I made a copy, whited out the mistakes, corrected them, and asked my wife to review it when I sent it to her for her signature. I took the copy she'd given me to send to my wife to sign back to her along with the copy on which I had made the corrections, and told her secretary to correct them before sending, and that I wanted to review them before they were mailed. I reviewed the material and made sure that the corrections had been made, and also gave her the Packet 3 Supplemental Info. Sheet she'd given me to have my wife sign., and the the check to DOS for $380, and $70, and the I-864 that I had notarized. Also 3 years tax returns, letter from my employer of 23 years, copy of retirement benefits listing her as beneficiary, bank statements, etc. I was upset with her errors and delay in giving me the material to have my wife sign and asked that they send it right away and call me when they had done so. They called the day after I had given them the material and said it had been posted. In my rush to get all this together I thought I had been careful to make a copy of everything, but I now can't find a copy of the signed I-864, or the DS-230 part 1. After she received the letter from the NVC saying the case had been sent to GZ on 5-11-06, I went to pick it up and was given what I was told were my documents. I can't find a copy of either the signed DS-230 part 1, and I believe more importantly, the signed I-864! As I read thorough the material my wife should bring to the interview I believe she should have a copy of the I-864, which I don't have! Can anyone tell me if all of these original documents are required to be brought by her to the interview? I know that I have no worries about meeting the fiancial requirements, I have worked for the University of California, Berkeley for 23 years, have money in the bank, no debts except home mortgage, and will get an updated letter from my employer before I go to GZ to be "with" her for her interview. Sorry this is so wordy, I'm panicing a bit about my bad recordkeeping. :sosad: Knowing what I do now through my late acquaintance with Candle of Love, I would advise other future applicants to do what I've seen advised here. Do your own paperwork (unless your situation has special circumstances) and keep good records. Can anyone advise me?

237546[/snapback]

You can simply execute a new I-864 and take it with you. The same for the DS 230.

Perhaps your attorney's office could supply you with any missing papers by copying their copies. Perhaps you've already said that's a no. It was a little difficult to follow all the "she" pronouns in your explanation.

The CR1 case will get forwarded to the consulate, that will include all the papers you mention... You shouldn't need a copy or a new one unless they ask for it. Bring blanks would be adviseable; fill out if asked for.

Since the DS-230 has an issue, this could cause another namecheck, as it was my understanding that the DS-230 triggers the namecheck at NVC.

I would let everything slide unless they specifically ask you for something. It's possible for them to resolve some issues on their own, so why not wait till they say there is an issue...

Thanks to you all for your advice and comments. I'll wait and then keep in touch with the DOS to follow progress and try to get an idea when we can expect my wife to receive th P4 and for the interview to be scheduled. The later long post about the missing documents, (which I later posted separately) I will contact the lawyer (all those confusing "shes" were references to her pushbrk-my experience with her has been so unpleasant I've delayed contacting her). If I can't get a copy from her I'll create a new one. Thanks again for everyones help!