At your stage, this is the namecheck on the beneficiary name in the US... GUZ has no control and waits on it like you are...

NAMECHECK INFO, some faqs

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12270

236976[/snapback]

Thank you David. I tried calling the FBI Secuirty Name Check phone number 202-324-3625 and it goes to someone voice mail. Do you know if the FBI has a new number? I am afraid my wife is in the "black hole" situation. Thanks

At your stage, this is the namecheck on the beneficiary name in the US... GUZ has no control and waits on it like you are...

NAMECHECK INFO, some faqs

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12270

236976[/snapback]

Thank you David. I tried calling the FBI Secuirty Name Check phone number 202-324-3625 and it goes to someone voice mail. Do you know if the FBI has a new number? I am afraid my wife is in the "black hole" situation. Thanks

236998[/snapback]

David, the reason why I post the initial post is because last week when I called DOS they told me the case is still in the name check process. When I asked the lady why it is taking so long here she told me the name check takes place in GZ China and not US. I thought all along the name check was done in US but her answer confused me.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Under the auspices of the USCIS the FBI conducts a background check on both the beneficiary and the petitioner before a petition is approved. Any and all hits must be resolved. Because it's extremely likely that the Chinese counterpart has not been involved with US law enforcement or immigration, an additional "NAME CHECK" is conducted after a petition is approved.

This Name Check is conducted under the auspices of the US State Department via the National Visa Center (NVC, using any and all available means to get information about the foreign beneficiary. This means if they consider it appropriate to send Rambo in behind the lines to get information about a suspicious hit, they will do so. Just exactly what goes on during the name checking process, no-one really knows, though you will find speculation coming out the ying yang about it. Anyone that really does know that tells will be subject to arrest, fines, and imprisonment.

Also, there is no-way you or anyone can find out what is going on during the process until that name checking process is complete. You can pound your fists, write letters, make telephone calls, etc., all of which will have little or no effect. Sure, they will see that you are alive and kicking, but it will likely make little difference.

Once the investigation is complete, you will be informed of the result. If everything is okay, it will result in an interview being scheduled. If there is something amiss, then, you will be informed whether you need to supply additional information, or whether there is simply an out and out denial to grant a visa based upon some disqualifying event.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
This Name Check is conducted under the auspices of the US State Department via the National Visa Center (NVC, using any and all available means to get information about the foreign beneficiary.

237024[/snapback]

This is what I also believe..

USCIS will have an IBIS check performed at the service centers.

NVC will have an NCIC check performed for the consulate.

I said it was on the beneficiary, therefore the chinese national... but the name check is run by NVC, as the link I provided focuses on.

It doesn't matter how long ago NVC sent the file to GUZ... Even another name check can be triggered off DS-230 information.

Once a request is made, it leaves GUZs hands and can be circulating various agencies [in the US] and it's very difficult at times to know who has it and who is waiting on what. All we know is that GUZ has no control over it and they are waiting too...

This Name Check is conducted under the auspices of the US State Department via the National Visa Center (NVC, using any and all available means to get information about the foreign beneficiary.

237024[/snapback]

I said it was on the beneficiary, therefore the chinese national... but the name check is run by NVC, as the link I provided focuses on.

It doesn't matter how long ago NVC sent the file to GUZ... Even another name check can be triggered off DS-230 information.

Once a request is made, it leaves GUZs hands and can be circulating various agencies [in the US] and it's very difficult at times to know who has it and who is waiting on what. All we know is that GUZ has no control over it and they are waiting too...

237081[/snapback]

So, there is really nothing I can do but wait? David, the FBI Security name check number on the link you provided is no longer valid. It is a number to some business office. I want to be proactive and make sure my case does not go in the "black hole". If it does, then to resolve it asap. Thanks

237024[/snapback]

237081[/snapback]

So, there is really nothing I can do but wait? David, the FBI Security name check number on the link you provided is no longer valid. It is a number to some business office. I want to be proactive and make sure my case does not go in the "black hole". If it does, then to resolve it asap. Thanks

237099[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if most numbers found in old posts are not valid..

here the collection on security / name checks:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12275

particularly see: No help from Senator and FBI Name Check Primer...

Some have gotten help out of their congressman's office.. usually it has to be a very, very long delay before they see any need to help.. and some won't help anyway. It appears very 'hit or miss' whether your lucky enough to turn someone's ear to your issue.

237024[/snapback]

237081[/snapback]

237099[/snapback]

Trust me if there was a way to speed up the background process, I would have found it. I have contacted everyone from the president to the neighborhood garbage man. The part the sucks the most is that no one on this god's green earth can tell you if the background check will be completed in one more week or one more year. :blink: