I found this to be interesting.

----------------------------

I understand what you are going thru and will help in anyway I can. I gained so much knowledge of this namecheck procedure because of what we went thru.

The phone number to call is (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck. You will need to leave your name and phone number so they can call you back within 24 hours. I would try to leave a cell phone if possible so you do not miss the call. You will need to give t hem the information on your fiance, date of birth, full name, etc. They are very cooperative in this process.

The entire problem with the namecheck lies in the entering of information. FBI has issued very STRICT guidelines on how the information can be entered. For some reason, the NVC/Embassy/DOS personnel have not learned these standards yet. When it is done incorrectly then it goes to a rejection file that DOS is suppose to enter manually (once a month is what they state) but seems that either it doesn't get done or they re-enter incorrectly yet again. I have even seen some cases where the approval was issued by FBI but for whatever reasons DOS/NVC/Embassy did not receive the approval and kept requesting the namecheck. The key to that scenario is that once the approval is issued, the FBI system rejects the name for the next 12 months..............so the applicant is stuck as pending for another 11 months. (Approvals are only issued once within a 12 month period.) The FBI does notify DOS/Embassy/NVC that the namecheck was rejected but again DOS/Embassy/NVC does nothing about it. These are the "black holes" of the namecheck process. Of course, the entire time you are calling and emailing DOS/NVC/Embassy and they are telling you it is pending -- which makes this an extremely frustrating task and why I told you to stay on top of it from the get go.

The letter that the FBI issues you is invaluable. Either they state the namecheck was processed on such and such date or that they never received the request. If this happens contact me via PM and I will tell you how to get around that one. I actually had a namecheck group on yahoo to fight this stupidity.

Re: Name/security check confusion (again)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heba,

If your fiancee/spouse is from one of the "targetted" countries, such as Cuba, China, Russia, or one of the Middle Eastern countries, the name check can get "lost". Specifically it is the Visa Condor check which is quite a different breed than the other namechecks. It may begin at the NVC or at the consulate -- depends on the procedures for the consulate. Some consulates prefer that NVC do the namecheck while others will only do the namecheck once the interview has been conducted.

The alien name is submitted electronically to the FBI. The FBI does the namecheck then submits the results to DOS. DOS then submits the results to the embassy (but does not update their system). Embassy inputs the results which then update the DOS databases. There have been numerous cases where the results were in effect lost between DOS and Embassy. The embassy then resubmits the name again, the computer kicks the name to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed manually by DOS. However, I have not heard of any successful stories on DOS reviewing the log file. The errors are normally caught because people get tired of waiting and contact the FBI Namecheck Divisioin personally and find out that their namecheck was completed 4, 5, or 6 months previously -- this is also known as the blackhole.

Sometimes the embassy staff or NVC submit the name incorrectly. Same thing happens. The name goes to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed and resubmitted by DOS, but from my personal knowledge this has not happened -- it creates a blackhole again. Such was the case with Richard III.

The good news is if your husband is not from one of these countries then you have nothing to worry about. If he is from one of the countries, then stay on top of it. Ask the consulate when the Visa Condor is done. Allow 4 weeks for FBI to process then call FBI to find out where they are in the process. The visa condor is normally finished within 30 days.

:lol:

I've collected alot on the topic for the FAQs.. but never put it in since it is largely information and links.. but I will probably make it a thread of 'collected items'. It includes links to documents explaining the issues, number numbers, contacts, emails, etc.

I'll add your post here to that collection.

thanks...

I found this to be interesting.

----------------------------

I understand what you are going thru and will help in anyway I can. I gained so much knowledge of this namecheck procedure because of what we went thru.

The phone number to call is (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck. You will need to leave your name and phone number so they can call you back within 24 hours. I would try to leave a cell phone if possible so you do not miss the call. You will need to give t hem the information on your fiance, date of birth, full name.

This is really excellent information. My wife has been in namecheck for about two months. She changed her first name in 2000 and hope this doesn't put it into the "Blackhole" situation. Some Asian thing about Kharma was bad and wanted a new first name. It has been about two months in the namecheck process. The actual file was started on September 23rd 2004 and will be approaching a year soon. My timeline is longer than many and don't have good feelings about our process. Am I worried for nothing?

:D Welcome Aboard :P

Sorry to hear your going through name check hell, The length of time time seems to vary with each one that gets stuck there, But they all seem to come out and finish the process.

Good Luck

I've collected alot on the topic for the FAQs.. but never put it in since it is largely information and links.. but I will probably make it a thread of 'collected items'. It includes links to documents explaining the issues, number numbers, contacts, emails, etc.

I'll add your post here to that collection.

thanks...

148409[/snapback]

Yeah!!! We need to know this kind of information to deal with American government, esp during the namecheck process when our fates are decided by some administrative units who obviously do not always cooperate with each other very well.