Yeah! a day off from racing :D I will be married to my GF in her hometown of Tinjian on Nov and file for the I130 (2) with daughter)when i get back through VSC. Do i still need to file the 129F? She does not want to back for interview, would rather get it done there.

also what forms should i bring for her to fill out and what should i get from her to bring back for the filing? pics, marriage license in english? etc.

thx to all who respond

Hi,

Welcome to CFL. I am rather new at this myself but I think I can get you pointed in the right direction. First read the information for newbies, a lot of great information.

You will file the I-130 for a CR1 visa first and wait for the reciept to come back before you send in the I-129F for the K-3.

You will need a cover letter for the I-130 the form itself a G-325a for you all 4 pages, one for your wife all 4 pages and the child I dont remeber the age you may need one there also. passport style photo of each person filing a G-325A. A copy of your birth certificate (front & back) or passport all pages. copy of any divorces you may have had and a translated marriage certificate. This you can get dont in China at a govermental notary office.

Eventually your wife will need to get a copy of her birth certificate and police record all translated to english.

Here is a link to another site that has some of the documents filed out, you will also find this link in the newbie section.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k3guide

Once you get everything compiled put it all together in a nice packet using Acco fasteners. Here is the governments web site with instruction.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...nal/index.htm#H

That should get you started, you will find a lot of people on here that will help with your questions. I am still going through the process and still asking questions myself.

Rick

Guest pushbrk
Yeah! a day off from racing :D  I will be married to my GF in her hometown of Tinjian on Nov and file for the I130 (2) with daughter)when i get back through VSC. Do i still need to file the 129F? She does not want to back for interview, would rather get it done there.

also what forms should i bring for her to fill out and what should i get from her to bring back for the filing? pics, marriage license in english? etc.

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

Rick gave you some good suggestions. I'll address the issue of coming back for an interview. If you file an I-129F and your wife comes to the USA on a K3 visa, she'll get here sooner, much sooner. Then you have two options. Adjust status in the USA or continue to follow the CR1 visa route and return to China for an interview. Most choose to drop the CR1 process once the K3 catches us and surges ahead, then they choose to simply adjust status in the US without returning to China.

Yeah! a day off from racing :(   I will be married to my GF in her hometown of Tinjian on Nov and file for the I130 (2) with daughter)when i get back through VSC. Do i still need to file the 129F? She does not want to back for interview, would rather get it done there.

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

Rick gave you some good suggestions. I'll address the issue of coming back for an interview. If you file an I-129F and your wife comes to the USA on a K3 visa, she'll get here sooner, much sooner. Then you have two options. Adjust status in the USA or continue to follow the CR1 visa route and return to China for an interview. Most choose to drop the CR1 process once the K3 catches us and surges ahead, then they choose to simply adjust status in the US without returning to China.

235961[/snapback]

so, my gf and her daughter came come on k3/k4 and stay here without going back to china for an interview? another item is she wants to start work immediately since she and her sisters send home money to take care of their parents in their 70's. she will not take any money from me to help out.

I had thought a k3/k4 (daughter 14) meant that she would have to go back for interview.

Guest pushbrk
Yeah! a day off from racing :(   I will be married to my GF in her hometown of Tinjian on Nov and file for the I130 (2) with daughter)when i get back through VSC. Do i still need to file the 129F? She does not want to back for interview, would rather get it done there.

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

235961[/snapback]

so, my gf and her daughter came come on k3/k4 and stay here without going back to china for an interview? another item is she wants to start work immediately since she and her sisters send home money to take care of their parents in their 70's. she will not take any money from me to help out.

I had thought a k3/k4 (daughter 14) meant that she would have to go back for interview.

236006[/snapback]

Like I said, going back for interview is an option, not a requirement.

It does generally take longer to get authorization to work on a K3 visa though. Others can address that better than I can. If there are other reasons to consider not filing for K3, why not mention them now?

... and then again some of us continued with the CR1/CR2, but it does take longer.

It is a personal choice best made between you and your new lao po. You are most wish in doing your homework now so that the two of you can make an educated decision.

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy approval regardless of which pathway you two decide to take.

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

235961[/snapback]

236006[/snapback]

It does generally take longer to get authorization to work on a K3 visa though. Others can address that better than I can. If there are other reasons to consider not filing for K3, why not mention them now?

236009[/snapback]

that is great! i will let her know not to worry about an interview.

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

235961[/snapback]

236006[/snapback]

236009[/snapback]

236014[/snapback]

K1, K3 and CR1 all have interviews.

The bottom line is the wait on the visa issued in china vs the wait on the US side; which one is more important?

If she wants to get to the US as quick as possible [to be together], the the K3 is typically faster (although some case expections occur); but to work in the US is a longer wait.

If she the wait in china for a visa is not any issue.. and she wants to enter the US and work immediately, then wait out the CR1 (instead of the K3).

what are the priorities?

(I personally believe that one should wait out the CR1, which could be longer wait 'apart'... If you can get beyond any critical labeling of the wait apart, I think you should go for that; if only being together as fast as possible is your goal, then file for the K3 option... and accept that it comes with it's state-side delays to work)

Guest pushbrk
Yeah! a day off from racing :cheering:   I will be married to my GF in her hometown of Tinjian on Nov and file for the I130 (2) with daughter)when i get back through VSC. Do i still need to file the 129F? She does not want to back for interview, would rather get it done there.

thx to all who respond

235957[/snapback]

235961[/snapback]

236006[/snapback]

236009[/snapback]

236014[/snapback]

There will be an (one) interview in China before she comes to the USA regardless of the visa category. Returning for a CR1 interview AFTER the K3 interview and USA arrival is an option. An interview cannot be avoided.

The bottom line is the wait on the visa issued in china vs the wait on the US side; which one is more important?

If she wants to get to the US as quick as possible [to be together], the the K3 is typically faster (although some case expections occur); but to work in the US is a longer wait.

If she the wait in china for a visa is not any issue.. and she wants to enter the US and work immediately, then wait out the CR1 (instead of the K3).

what are the priorities?

(I personally believe that one should wait out the CR1, which could be longer wait 'apart'...  If you can get beyond any critical labeling of the wait apart, I think you should go for that;  if only being together as fast as possible is your goal, then file for the K3 option... and accept that it comes with it's state-side delays to work)

236027[/snapback]

yes, we will wait out CR1. but back to one of my original questions,Do i still need to file the 129F?

thx

Guest pushbrk

what are the priorities?

(I personally believe that one should wait out the CR1, which could be longer wait 'apart'...  If you can get beyond any critical labeling of the wait apart, I think you should go for that;  if only being together as fast as possible is your goal, then file for the K3 option... and accept that it comes with it's state-side delays to work)

236027[/snapback]

yes, we will wait out CR1. but back to one of my original questions,Do i still need to file the 129F?

thx

236095[/snapback]

If you intend to wait out the CR1 before she comes to the USA, there is no need to file the I-129F.