Self-employed Letter??

As many of you know I own a personal chef business that is a corporation. I have been reading that it is a good idea to provide a letter from your company stating the date of hire, current position, current salary, whether the position is permanent or not and signed by someone a human resorce person. My question is, what would I provide or do I even need too?

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Based on the assumption you are a sub chapter S corporation , just provide the tax returns for both your business and yourself as well as the schedule K-1. Be sure they are prepared by a professional accounting firm.

235951[/snapback]

Or for a regular C Corporation, the tax return and some documentation that you are CEO, should suffice quite nicely.

You could also include a brief statement on Company Letterhead to accompany the taxes. I would only state that you were the founder of XYZ corporation and have included its tax returns to document income.

There are many types of corporations and how you file your taxes will determine the answer for you.

IF you are a "paid employee" of the corporation receiving a W-2, then you an Employee of the corporation and not self-employed, otherwise you are considered self-employed. Then look at the Supporting Evidence section of the I-134 for the requirements.