"in rare cases" ...I AM RAW

We were to pick up the visas Saturday morning;

Making final travel arrangements; spreading the good news; going to a celebration dinner: at 5:30pm Friday evening the Post Office calls and states that the Visas have been denied. Further background checks are required. No timeframe is offered. Come pick up Passports only please.

There is no end to this NIGHTMARE. I will return to the states alone; cancel shuttles; concerts; airplane tickets;wedding arrangements for family...on and on.

I would like to take this moment to thank my own United States of America Government on their efficiency in aiding one of there CITIZENS in his simple request to unite with his Fiance who has waited patiently for more than 18 months to satisfy this simple application. I know that my government is always there "to help me".

Phil

Making final travel arrangements; spreading the good news; going to a celebration dinner: at 5:30pm Friday evening the Post Office calls and states that the Visas have been denied.  Further background checks are required.  No timeframe is offered.  Come pick up Passports only please.

There is no end to this NIGHTMARE.  I will return to the states alone; cancel shuttles; concerts; airplane tickets;wedding arrangements for family...on and on.

I would like to take this moment to thank my own United States of America Government on their efficiency in aiding one of there CITIZENS in his simple request to unite with his Fiance who has waited patiently for more than 18 months to satisfy this simple application.  I know that my government is always there "to help me".

Phil

235688[/snapback]

My God Phil! I don't know what to say to this [that won't be deleted :) ] other than "sorry".

I sincerely hope this FU is cleared up very quickly!

God's Speed.

I still don't get it, aren't backgroud checks finished before the

interview is scheduled? If something pops up as a "red flag" at the last

moment before the interview, don't they issue a blue slip at the interview?

The process sucks enough as it is. The waiting times, delays here or

there for any reason, new laws that cause even more delays, but we

prepare for it. We understand that anything can happen and we mentally

prepare for it. Even if a blue slip is recieved for no APPARENT reason,

we prepare for it because it happens, then we try to calmly deal with

it because we know it happens and we are prepared.

How do you prepare for a phone call from the post office two days after

you have your pink slip saying, "By the way, no visa"! As you are about

to leave for the states. I just find it mind-boggling. What the hell could

they have found a day and a half after granting the visa that they

missed during the whole process?

I know it's been said that you have to prepare for everything, but

this is just a joke. I have an idea! Don't schedule the interview untill

the background checks are complete! They have our cases for months

and years and they can still miss something AFTER granting the visa?

Again, It's one big sick joke!

OMG!!

Phil, it's a wonder you didn't go postal on them!

I know that I would have lost it

Dude this SUCKS BIG TIME!!! I can't find any words that

would make you feel at ease or lessen the pain your going

thru. All your plans just got shot down like a Jap Zero

Im sure I speak for everyone here on CFL our prays and thoughts

are with you and your SO.

Bobby&Emma

This is really really startled ! What a big , stupid joke they make ! American government needs to do more to their own common people than to speak!!

very sorry to hear about this..

while not completely uncommon, it is definitely an unexpected and unwelcome delay. Your probably in admin review while they do the checks; hard to know how long this will take. You might be able to find out from DOS if it is still at GUZ or if there are checks that are outside of GUZ; in the latter case, there is nothing GUZ can do to affect the process.

Phil, to say Qing and I are speechless and in shock is a big understatement!! I came on here to see more happy posts from you and am now in total disbelief!! I can't imagine what you and Yun are feeling now. This is just unbelieveable! You guys have been through so much!!

Hang in there my friend! I wish there was something I could say or do to help!

Making final travel arrangements; spreading the good news; going to a celebration dinner: at 5:30pm Friday evening the Post Office calls and states that the Visas have been denied.  Further background checks are required.  No timeframe is offered.  Come pick up Passports only please.

There is no end to this NIGHTMARE.  I will return to the states alone; cancel shuttles; concerts; airplane tickets;wedding arrangements for family...on and on.

I would like to take this moment to thank my own United States of America Government on their efficiency in aiding one of there CITIZENS in his simple request to unite with his Fiance who has waited patiently for more than 18 months to satisfy this simple application.  I know that my government is always there "to help me".

Phil

235688[/snapback]

This is totally outrageous!!!!!!!!!! When you come back to the states you need to call your congress rep. My congressman has helped me a lot. They will listen to you.

At (:00am Yun & I picked up her Passports with an attached sheet - Yes, BLUE in color. It checked off that additional security background check is required and should be resolved within 2 months.

Angela & Mr. Wie relate that they have seen this rarely, before and that it is usually resolved within 1 month. However, it is a four day process after written notification is received and presented to appear at the Consulate.

Hopefully, noone else needs a "heads up" for this process.

I leave tonight on China Southern. Of course, they are clipping me for $1,500Y to change my departure. Thanks. I feel that this is only the beginning of the digs into my hide.

Phil