Stepping out of my cave

Hi All,

Since its creation, I have felt so close to the people who lend their ideas, help, thought, and insight to one another here on Candle. I feel it is a wonderful and positive environment. I am grateful to everyone for their help, through thick and thin, and am glad to have had the opportunity to help others in this small way by creating Candle For Love.

Well, as you all know, I have been in the process of emotional recovery. The first few days after the incident with my now ex-fiancee, I basically crawled into my little cave and coded. I threw all my focus behind my work, trying to establish myself as the best lead possible. It gave me a way to take my mind and heart away from the hurt.

But after the night cleaning crews came and left the building, I realized that I eventually might have to go home. So I would go home and code on Candle.

The Dating Application is now fully functional. I have put my profile up, in both English and Chinese. Also, I added my pictures. Please take a look. The two red links beneath the main photo should pop-open my two extra photos (hopefully I got the bugs worked out okay).

Maybe my soulmate will be across the ocean. Maybe she will be the girl next door. Maybe I will meet her tomorrow, or maybe I will not find true love for many moons.

All I know is that I feel I have the courage to make new friends, to socialize, and to date again. I am stepping out of my cave.

I do ask a favor from all of you, that you share this application with single people that you know, and encourage them to take a chance and give it a try.

Here's the link to my profile:

http://candleforlove.com/jsp/CandleDat...ofile.jsp?PID=1

*sigh* so now, after all this time, you all have seen my picture. There goes the mystique. :D :unsure: :P

Thanks ... and my best wishes for happiness and love to everyone!

P.J.

PS Could someone please copy this post to 001 and send me the 001 link when it is there?

Maybe my soulmate will be across the ocean.  Maybe she will be the girl next door.  Maybe I will meet her tomorrow, or maybe I will not find true love for many moons.

This is the correct view to have. I wish I had your vision and understanding when I was your age. :unsure:

hehe, nice to see everyone has kept their sense of humor. ;) . As you can see, there have been a lot of big changes to Candle lately ... I am still making a lot of enhancements right now so expect additional functionality in the near future. :lol:

P.J.