What will YOU do for your kids future relatinships

Much has been said from time to time about why we went to China for an SO, and not America, for those who more or less did it on purpose.

Others who accidently discovered an SO in China have commented about the diferences from time to time as well.

Also there are threads like Dennis's which deal with this service to each other in a relationship. Now how do you raise a child in America to become a person who can have a marriage where things are truly shared in a relationship?

How do we raise our children so they are more like what we like about our SO? What will you do, if anything, to try to prevent your kids from becoming what you dislike in others, and perhaps drove you to China?

Much has been said from time to time about why we went to China for an SO, and not America, for those who more or less did it on purpose.

Others who accidently discovered an SO in China have commented about the diferences from time to time as well.

Also there are threads like Dennis's which deal with this service to each other in a relationship.  Now how do you raise a child in America to become a person who can have a marriage where things are truly shared in a relationship?

How do we raise our children so they are more like what we like about our SO?  What will you do, if anything, to try to prevent your kids from becoming what you dislike in others, and perhaps drove you to China?

232342[/snapback]

I never had kids so I probably have no clue what I'm talking about but

this is just my thought. We both want children and have had many long

talks about it, but I don't think we would do anythig different then any

other couple. Our child, (or children) :greenblob: will learn from the both of us.

They will grow up here in the states but will also learn very very much about Chinese culture. They will have the best of both worlds because they will be able to understand both cultures and it will happen naturally

as they grow up around us.

Again, we will not do anything different, just hope that they learn from

our morals or values.

O.K. everyone with children just tell me now, I'm in for a BIG surpise

right? :greenblob: !

We prefer to just raise any children we have in china... practically speaking, it may just come down to only delivering and a few months there... or as long as she wants to stay there.

I've had two children.  So I will probably let her experience this as much as possible...

232422[/snapback]

This is what I desire, raise them in China. But it will not happen. So I hope to do what I did with my first 2, which was a lot of love but disciplined including some spanks. I went to church every week and we have no cry room. So the kids have to be quiet. So there is good conduct and respect taught there. Also they aprticipate in things which builds character and public speaking.

But I am becoming more and more tempered with what my wife does. She has her daughter dooing so much learning and they set goals or she is assigned what she will do. It is her job. My way was giving them chores like the dishes and trash and etc. Not sure yet how that is with her on household things yet.

One thing for sure. I was never much of a TV watcher, except when with or around a woman, in America. My wife does not watch much TV either, though glued to the screen when she does. :) But she has discipline and turns it off for days and weeks. I am so glad we are compatible that way.

I noticed some other folks who had some good kids who achieved things in USA and in their home they had no TV. Of course it can be used for good, but no sense in producing lazyness.

Just some thoughts for now.

Also there are threads like Dennis's which deal with this service to each other in a relationship.  Now how do you raise a child in America to become a person who can have a marriage where things are truly shared in a relationship?

How do we raise our children so they are more like what we like about our SO?  What will you do, if anything, to try to prevent your kids from becoming what you dislike in others, and perhaps drove you to China?

232342[/snapback]

Nothing you can do. I grabbed by son and got him to China now with me this July. He is not adjusting well at all. Tried to get him to work hard at school stuff and within three weeks since he landed he already is dating three girls, drinking beer and hanging out late. I tried to tell him to learn from kids his age. His reply is always: They grew up in China. May have to give up and send him back to the states to his mom.

232342[/snapback]

Nothing you can do. I grabbed by son and got him to China now with me this July. He is not adjusting well at all. Tried to get him to work hard at school stuff and within three weeks since he landed he already is dating three girls, drinking beer and hanging out late. I tried to tell him to learn from kids his age. His reply is always: They grew up in China. May have to give up and send him back to the states to his mom.

233872[/snapback]

Sorry to hear this Tony. I am not sure if you have had much time to raise him or not. I could assume you mean a son from a previous marriage. you get my drift though about the states. Afraid the young Chinese want to follow. Not sure if you had time with him much in the past but maybe it would have been diferent. Hope all goes better for you in the future, and KEEP TRYING. Never give up on setting rules and boundaries, as much as possible for his age. But then who am I to talk. :o :)