I’m currently in Guangzhou with my fiance helping her get ready for the interview on August 1, 2006.

I understand that I need to get the I-134 notarized. Dose anyone have experience getting their I-134 notarized in China? I read on a previous post that one can get it at the consulate's office. Can someone shed more light on this?

Thanks. :)

Chris

You can get anything you want notarized at the consulate..

The [monetary] catch is: If the consulate requires it, then they will do it for free... SO, it depends on whether they will see it as required or not, in determining whether to charge you.

We typically told it's not required in principle; in practice it's best practice to have.

I’m currently in Guangzhou with my fiance helping her get ready for the interview on August 1, 2006.

I understand that I need to get the I-134 notarized. Dose anyone have experience getting their I-134 notarized in China? I read on a previous post that one can get it at the consulate's office. Can someone shed more light on this?

Thanks.  :)

Chris

231782[/snapback]

You need a notarized I-134 for K1 or K3 interview unless you have already submitted it to INS in your home country.

Just go to the Consulate during their office hour and they'll notarize it for you. One of my friends got it notarized Aug 2005 and they didn't charge anything. Before that someone told me they charged $35.

Thanks.  :toot:

Chris

231782[/snapback]

My husband got two copies of I864 notarized in GUZ consulate on 29th June,2006.

He walked in the Consulate at morning 9:00 and handed them the copies, wait by himself for 20 minutes or so. One officer came back to him and handed him the notarized copies without any questiones and without any fare charged.

So it's pretty easy!

Been a long time since I read the fine print but I believe the I-134 is a document you can have notarized in lieu of having it signed by a USCIS official. The short answer to your question though is yes. It can be done by any consulate in China.