Timeline after NVC approval

Hello ... My k1 visa case was approved and the NVC mailed my application to Guangzhou china early June. It is now over 5 weeks later and still Guangzhou says they have no record of our case (I had to pay money to call and I gave them my case number). My fiancee in Beijing is still awaiting the first instruction packet from Guangzhou. Should I now be worried that Guangzhou says they still don't have any record of it? How can I get more information than the canned responses I get from the Visa Information Center in China? Is there a good site I can go to get more information so I can have a better idea of when my fiancee will actually be able to come to the USA (when the interview will take place).

It appears you have some waiting time remaining. Check out my timeline and you should get an idea of the waiting period. Also, don't call GUZ.. Call DOS. DOS phone number is 202 663-1225. Press 1,0,0 immediately after receiving a recording. You will get directly through to an operator or be placed on a hold. I am sure your electronic file is at GUZ but the FEDEX package is still waiting in Chinese customs. Good luck on your venture.

According to the DHL website, no shipment during the month of June from NVC to GUZ has been delivered to the Consulate yet. (Excepting what I believe are "routine" interoffice documents.) Mid-May shipments from NVC to the Consulate, were only delivered to the Consulate on July 10, 2006, so you may have a little wait remaining.